Sim City Societies Pre-Order: $25 at TRU + tax + ship

man I thought someone already posted this before. Oh well, great deal for PC gamers!

(that is, as long as this turns out to be a good game)

[quote name='geminas01'](that is, as long as this turns out to be a good game)[/quote]

Seriously doubt that. The half-assed studio behind Caesar IV is developing SCS. I refuse to buy the game because most of the simulation elements from past SC's have been removed in favor of some hippie social engineering crap. Now get off my lawn! ;)

[quote name='geminas01']man I thought someone already posted this before. Oh well, great deal for PC gamers!

(that is, as long as this turns out to be a good game)[/quote]

i think i beat the other post by 2 or 3 minutes. regardless, if you buy it, and it sucks, just sell it on ebay or half and get your money back or a couple bucks more.

[quote name='Serik']Seriously doubt that. The half-assed studio behind Caesar IV is developing SCS. I refuse to buy the game because most of the simulation elements from past SC's have been removed in favor of some hippie social engineering crap. Now get off my lawn! ;)[/quote]

I remember reading about SCS on the GFW magazine a while back, the concept looks okay, but it ultimately goes down to the execution. Unfortunately you're right, this is developed by some otherwise no-name studio.

I really wish EA didn't buy out so many companies. RIP Maxim, I miss games like SimAnt, SimCity and SimTower :bomb:

[quote name='Serik']Seriously doubt that. The half-assed studio behind Caesar IV is developing SCS. I refuse to buy the game because most of the simulation elements from past SC's have been removed in favor of some hippie social engineering crap. Now get off my lawn! ;)[/quote]

Not only that they are trying to push "green" ideas in this game, and that was paid for by GE or something. The whole thing sickens me.

And the company was Maxis, not Maxim.

My wife has wanted this game since reading about it in GFW magazine, and this is about $11 cheaper than CC's sale price.

Thanks OP!

Heh yeah you're right. I believe after SC4 was released a Maxis rep mentioned in a press interview that he had gotten a lot of feedback that the game was getting "too complicated" for the average gamer and that he would try to simplify the next installment of SC.

And here you go, it's the kiddy meal version of Sim City, still will probably be fun (worth $25) but I wouldn't pay full price for it.

I'm just glad Societies is only a spinoff and not a full on successor to SC4. :)

[quote name='geminas01']I remember reading about SCS on the GFW magazine a while back, the concept looks okay, but it ultimately goes down to the execution. Unfortunately you're right, this is developed by some otherwise no-name studio.

I really wish EA didn't buy out so many companies. RIP Maxim, I miss games like SimAnt, SimCity and SimTower :bomb:[/quote]
Heh funny you should mention that because Maxis acquired the liscence for Sim Tower, it didn't actually make it. :p

[quote name='Serik']Seriously doubt that. The half-assed studio behind Caesar IV is developing SCS. I refuse to buy the game because most of the simulation elements from past SC's have been removed in favor of some hippie social engineering crap. Now get off my lawn! ;)[/QUOTE]

huh? I thought you could make totalitarian societies...awww.

With this preorder does it come with the "exclusive Authoritarian City building set."?

And didn't some Finnish magazine give the game a 81%, so it can't be that bad?

EDIT: Dang! Its not! Crap. But that stuff probably be unlocked right?

[quote name='Apossum']huh? I thought you could make totalitarian societies...awww.[/quote]

You can, but it's still part of the societal energy garbage.

SimCity 4 is too complicated, no doubt about that, but that doesn't mean the entire formula is busted. SC2k remains my favorite because you can play it on a very surface level (plop and zone) or get really in-depth with it, should you so desire. Man, my unofficial SC2k player's guide is 1.5 inches thick

[quote name='CombatFrog']Heh funny you should mention that because Maxis acquired the liscence for Sim Tower, it didn't actually make it. :p[/quote]

Yup I know, its a japanese developer...I remember buying "Yoot Tower" from them also.

Speaking of Kiddy spinoffs, I kinda liked SimTown...so maybe this is the same?

[quote name='bigdaddy']And the company was Maxis, not Maxim.[/quote]

Good catch! :rofl:

I think Sim City 4 is too micro-manage for a game. The only good thing is that the side streets would be random to give it a more real feel.

Sim City 2000 is still the best, 3000 is okay but it still runs bad on computers. I don't get that. Sim City 3000 was a step in the right direction, I also liked the idea of farmland. This "game" and SC4 I think have been gonig off track. I hope if Spore si ever released that they will start making Sim City 5 soon after for a release in 2019. :)

[quote name='geminas01']

Good catch! :rofl:[/quote]

Thanks, I would have made a joke, but it was too easy. :)

bread's done
Back