Simple question, is it time to go back to SWG yet?

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
So its been 10 months since I quit SWG. I know 98% of my guild quit the game without notice. I had two characters on Radiant, one was a MBH and the other was a MDE. I know about the NGE that make the game into shit even more. Our guild city was still up when I went back for a 2 week trial in Jan 2006. I know I still have money in my account and I know matience was paid for over a year and a half (at the jan 2006 mark) but I also know they disabled matience for a few months after Katrina hit but now its up again.

I was a vet player since first week of launch. Just thinking of going back to see whats up or is it more crappier then before?.

thats it , don't do it?

how about a good reason like you can't level unless you go to Musterfar or even as a MBH, jedis still own you.

I only played for about 6 months from CU to NGE, but I don't think I'll go back. I enjoy questing, and SWG quests were so bugged it was ridiculous. I've been playing the DAOC free trial for a week and I'm really enjoying it. I've probably done more quests in one week than I did the whole 6 months in SWG. Plus I never wanted to attempt PvP in SWG, but DAOC has really got me enjoying PvP now with the level-restricted dungeons and battlegrounds. If SWG had the same type of system and less bugs I'd probably go back.

Coming from a WoW player since beta... I tried SWG a few months back because PCGamer offered a 14-day trial. Needless to say, I quit after playing for 2 hours. The reason I gave it a shot in the first place is because I heard SOE implemented somthing that was newbie friendly. So I was a newbie at SWG since I've never played it at te time.

Well, it's really weird. Not newbie fiendly, but it seems to try to be. Quests were buggy, respawn rates for quest mobs were ridiculously short, game ran horribly, even though it looks worse than WoW (I run WoW on max, full blown settings smoothly).

Please keep in mind I am saying this from a WoW player's perspective. In comparison to WoW, SWG was like dog poo when I tried it.

I played it on a 2 week trial about a year and a half ago and I thought it was alright. I really liked how big it was or seemed and how you could put your own house out where ever you wanted and do business. I remember my guy was a fish guy (sorry I don't know what the race is called) with a white robe and turban. :)

With WoW's burning crusade right around the corner I wouldn't start anything other than that. I did Beta on SWG, I played for a bit. I really did have fun... but its nothing I'd want to go back to. Each year at E3 I play it, the new stuff etc. Nothing really wonderful. I just don't feel the community like I do in other MMO's.

Burning Crusades is where its at.

I keep up my SOE pass so I check in every once in a while. The last time I was playing, the beginning quests were horribly bugged and I was unable to finish the second part (A group of Tusken Raiders wouldn't spawn).

I wanted to test out the major changes, but I couldn't even get that far.

bread's done
Back