Simpson's hit and run Best Buy 14.99 Best Buy after GGC.

Good luck in finding it at BB.

I haven't seen it for the XBox in months, and with the GC pricing dropping to $20 a little while back, I haven't seen it in BB for quite a while.

Their website only reflects the PS/2 and PC versions, if memory serves.

If you don't mind playing the PC version, last I checked at EB B&M it was going for $9.99 and the preowned version was $7.99.

I only saw it on PS2 locally. I didn't even think to look for x-box. The cube version hasn't been there in months.

[quote name='shrike4242']Good luck in finding it at BB.

I haven't seen it for the XBox in months, and with the GC pricing dropping to $20 a little while back, I haven't seen it in BB for quite a while.

Their website only reflects the PS/2 and PC versions, if memory serves.[/quote]

When it went on $20 sale for the GC version, I went looking for it and couldn't find it.

Xbox version wasn't in stock for months either.

I do have it on an order from Gamestop, though if the price drop appears to be universal, I might try to see if my local CC will take a GGC, or use a Target raincheck on it at Target.

GC version was $10 at BB. The ones in my area didn't have many to start with, and they were gone almost immediately.

I was trying to find the XBox version, since it's rumored to have cleaner graphics and a smoother framerate, and BB hasn't had it for months. Bestbuy.com only shows the PS/2 and PC versions.

My local Target has quite a few of them, so if they have it down to $19.99, it's raincheck time, or CC with a GGC time if not.

A phone call to Target had it come up at $39.99, both at the shelf tag and when scanned.

Anyone know if Target takes their time in dropping prices compared to other retailers?

[quote name='shrike4242']A phone call to Target had it come up at $39.99, both at the shelf tag and when scanned.

Anyone know if Target takes their time in dropping prices compared to other retailers?[/quote]

Better to go in the store. target employees are lazy as hell, and he probably didnt bother scanning it.

My BB still has it for 39.99. Also, Sims Bustin' Out was 29.99, and out of stock. I guess that these price drops have not hit everywhere yet.

hows the gameplay? i read in reviews in GTA simpsons, but my friend who is a hardcore simpsons fan (who isn't?) said it wasn't like GTA. any opinions.
I can see how the GTA-ish claim can be misnamed for certain games. Like Spider-Man 2 was supposed to be GTA with webslinging, but I didn't really see it that way. Nevertheless, still planning to pick it up for ps2 if I can.

Thanks for the tip.

Picked up the XBOX version at my local BB just now for $15. I also picked up Morrowind: GOTY Edition for $15 as well.

My BB still had one copy of Simpsons Hit & Run left...

[quote name='biclops']hows the gameplay? i read in reviews in GTA simpsons, but my friend who is a hardcore simpsons fan (who isn't?) said it wasn't like GTA. any opinions.
I can see how the GTA-ish claim can be misnamed for certain games. Like Spider-Man 2 was supposed to be GTA with webslinging, but I didn't really see it that way. Nevertheless, still planning to pick it up for ps2 if I can.[/quote]

I consider it GT Simpsons. There's no weapons, and hit pedestrians just get up. (There are two deaths in the entire game)

You can jack any car in the game, and you build up a stable that is accessible from phone booths. There's a set of story missions you go through, along with some side ones and side races as well.

Plan to check the local Target, though I'm betting a trip earlier than the weekend might be a waste of time. If it's down to $19.99, then raincheck off of that price seems like a good idea.

If BB gets it in at $19.99, then GGC for that one.

Otherwise, I'll just keep the order on Gamestop handy.

[quote name='The_Continental']At my BB there were no x-box copies left, but TONS of copies for ps2.[/quote]

It was $9.99 a few weeks ago for the GC and Xbox versions because BB was clearing out inventory. They only carry the PS2 version now. (per a number of stellar BB employees)

Anyone know how this game is? I herd it was good but a friend said it wasnt that good. too repetative he said.

i think it's rated too highly by most but still pretty good in any event, you can definitely get your fill of it in a rental period

i am tempted to pay $15 for it but i don't think best buy carries it anymore (so 3 best buys told me on the phone)

[quote name='Ericnmel99']Anyone know how this game is? I herd it was good but a friend said it wasnt that good. too repetative he said.[/quote]

Yep, rented it. It's pretty damn good, can see why people say it's similar to GTA but seriously nothing like. The handling takes a bit of time to get used to. The missions are relatively easy and you have the option like in GTA to, but they don't vary much. It's still a fun game to play though... and definitely the best simpsons game available.

Speaking of which, this is a good deal for a good game, so I'll have to stop by BB eventually and see if they have it.

bread's done
Back