Simpsons Season 1,2,3 DVD sets $14.99 @ FYE starts 6-13-04

[quote name='bowsernieb']Yeah I would really appreciate a rebate form or two. If anybody can pick one up, I'd be grateful. PM if you can.[/quote]

I would greatly appreciate this as well, if anyone would be kind enough to grab a form for me.

I can't believe you guys are complaining about not getting MIRs on top of 50% of the price of those anywhere else, this is an awesome deal, take advantage of it, and shut up about no rebates.

I was at Coconuts this morning (Kirkwood Hwy, Wilmington, DE) and they had the rebates. I didn't pick up any of the Simpsons seasons because I already had them, but I did get Lost In Translation for $9.99 after $5 MIR.

Well, I picked up seasons 1, 2, and 3 today at Coconuts. There was a 5 dollar MIR on each but he had to ring each one up individually to get it. Weird. Also, I tried to get Best Buy to price match and after a long huddle with the managers they said they wouldn't. Apparently, even the 14.99 price is 10 bucks below cost. I think its pretty crappy that wouldn't follow their BOLDLY WRITTEN POLICY, but whatever. Coconuts was 6 stores down so I didn't bother fighting it.

I got season 3 at The Wall at the Tysons Corner, VA Galleria mall, they still had plenty there, so if anyone lives in the DC area, they have them there.

[quote name='bowsernieb']Yeah I would really appreciate a rebate form or two. If anybody can pick one up, I'd be grateful. PM if you can.[/quote]

Same here!

Well I just went to fye to get the simpsons season 2 and 3 in the galleria in puoghkeepsie, NY, and they said they had no $5 rebate. So I actually went to Best buy and asked if I could buy the dvd's there at full price and come back tomorrow to PM and get the extra 10% off. The people at the customer service were really cool, he was like yeah you could do that but its not encouraged. I guess it all depends on what type of people are working there.
However, I just decided to PM the dvd's at best buy and got them for $15 each over there instead of getting them at fye. $15 is still an awesome price for these.

Uhm... sman113, $75 is NOT cheaper then the 50 dollars you spend at FYE, what the hell are you talking about?

Well that's Buy it Now, you still have a chance at getting it cheaper than $30 or $45, but, I'd rather just go to the store.

I Don't think you could double dip the price match + promo, unless you were extremely lucky, if so i bow to your skills.

[quote name='xzafixz']I Don't think you could double dip the price match + promo, unless you were extremely lucky, if so i bow to your skills.[/quote]

I don't know what kind of double-dipping you're talking about, I'm just saying you'll have a lot better chance of getting the $15 price PM'ed at BB or wherever with this ad than with the one without a name attached.

I had the actual Coconuts ad with me --not a printed copy-- and BB STILL said they wouldn't PM. As far as price matching is concerned, I think this will very much be YMMV.

[quote name='agapens']I had the actual Coconuts ad with me --not a printed copy-- and BB STILL said they wouldn't PM. As far as price matching is concerned, I think this will very much be YMMV.[/quote]

You didn't raise enough hell, corporate policy states that best buy HAS to price match, just look at those big signs everywhere in store. Raise enough hell and you'll get it. Try CC too they also price match. If the manager gives you shit, just go over his head, I'm sure they have a number to call if you have a problem.

Anyone hear about the reason for this crazy sale?

The cashier at coconuts seemed to know all about it; he claimed that Sony "made too many copies" and that stores are now trying to get rid of them. Didn't sound quite right to me, but I didn't think twice about it as I happily purchased seasons 2 and 3 and got 2 rebate forms with no hassle at all.

lol, on the way to work I kept thinking "I gotta get on the non-gaming deal forum right away and inform people of this wonderful deal!" Clearly, I was far from the first to know...

[quote name='jimbodan']
You didn't raise enough hell, corporate policy states that best buy HAS to price match, just look at those big signs everywhere in store. Raise enough hell and you'll get it. Try CC too they also price match. If the manager gives you shit, just go over his head, I'm sure they have a number to call if you have a problem.[/quote]

Unfortunately, I think the manager can choose not to price match. There was a thing on the fatwallet thread, and there is a manager's perogative. Basically, the price was too low for him to match (at BB). Maybe CC would be better.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Anyone hear about the reason for this crazy sale?

The cashier at coconuts seemed to know all about it; he claimed that Sony "made too many copies" and that stores are now trying to get rid of them. Didn't sound quite right to me, but I didn't think twice about it as I happily purchased seasons 2 and 3 and got 2 rebate forms with no hassle at all.

lol, on the way to work I kept thinking "I gotta get on the non-gaming deal forum right away and inform people of this wonderful deal!" Clearly, I was far from the first to know...[/quote]

Well, I just called my FYE and the lady said they had a whole bunch left becuause they ordered a helluva lot of em in anticipation of the sell. So, I doubt that's the reason.

On the FYE website, only season 1 and 3 are on sale. :(

[ -edit- ]
The reason why season 2 isn't on sale is because they only have the subtitled version, which costs more. Bastards.

If you have a Meijers near ya, you won't have to worry about managers. They just take the flyer, put it in the bottom of the drawn and that's it. Most of the time the kids don't even care if it's printed off. It might work otherwise you'll have to drive to FYE and get it.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='BustaUppa']Anyone hear about the reason for this crazy sale?

lol, on the way to work I kept thinking "I gotta get on the non-gaming deal forum right away and inform people of this wonderful deal!" Clearly, I was far from the first to know...[/quote]

Well, I just called my FYE and the lady said they had a whole bunch left becuause they ordered a helluva lot of em in anticipation of the sell. So, I doubt that's the reason.[/quote]
The guy at The Wherehouse told me that they are selling them in anticipitation of Season 4, so sounds like the employees are making assumptions for this good deal

i am still debating just getting them...i have all the seasons downloaded...but that is a really good deal....

Saw plenty of copies of the Simpsons (all 3 seasons today), but here's an even better deal: seasons one and two of 24 for $20 afer $20 mail-in rebate. It will cost you more than $20 just to rent all the discs; this is well worth it.

Question on this rebate for anyone else: it says send UPC from the box. My box had a sticker UPC that the clerk scanned. Underneath this sticker was a black sticker, and underneath THAT was another UPC on the actual box. If I just send the sticker, I'll still get my $20 back, right?

Since a lot of people (including myself) asked...

I picked up two extra rebate slips today at coconuts. They're basically the size of small 3x5 index cards. Send me a PM and I'll mail them out to the first two people who need them.

Also, the simpsons season 1 and season 3 are available at fye.com for $15 each. Oddly, Season two still lists for $50. But you can order the first and third set in case you don't have a coconuts, strawberries, fye, or warehouse near you.

Rebates are taken.

On a side note, at Coconuts they were giving out free condoms. Or at least, when I pulled the package out I thought they were condoms. It's the Icebreaker mini's. The oned from that commercial with jessica simpson. The packaging is just like a condom wrapper. I was increadulous for a split seacond until the labeling registered with me.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']Saw plenty of copies of the Simpsons (all 3 seasons today), but here's an even better deal: seasons one and two of 24 for $20 afer $20 mail-in rebate. It will cost you more than $20 just to rent all the discs; this is well worth it.

Question on this rebate for anyone else: it says send UPC from the box. My box had a sticker UPC that the clerk scanned. Underneath this sticker was a black sticker, and underneath THAT was another UPC on the actual box. If I just send the sticker, I'll still get my $20 back, right?[/quote]

Where did you find 24 season 1+2 for $20 after rebate? Linky?

[quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Where did you find 24 season 1+2 for $20 after rebate? Linky?[/quote]

Don't know if this is online too, I saw this B&M. They were out front on the Box Set Special shelf, and there were price tags all over it--$69.99 normal tag, SALE $59.99 special tag, and underneath it on the shelf was a sign that said 24 Season Two $39.99 PLUS $20 mail-in rebate. Same deal with Season One.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='Medium_Pimpin']Where did you find 24 season 1+2 for $20 after rebate? Linky?[/quote]

Don't know if this is online too, I saw this B&M. They were out front on the Box Set Special shelf, and there were price tags all over it--$69.99 normal tag, SALE $59.99 special tag, and underneath it on the shelf was a sign that said 24 Season Two $39.99 PLUS $20 mail-in rebate. Same deal with Season One.[/quote]

Damn i will have to check again this week, they did have season 2, but it was $60 'on sale' with a $20 mail in. I couldnt find a $40 sign tho :(

I did Pick Up simpsons season 3 for $15 and Indiana Jones Trilogy WS for $45 with a mail in rebate for $20.

EDIT: No Rebates for Simpsons at my store.

Anyone have an extra rebate slip for the Simpsons Seasons? The cashier gave me the rebate slip for the other sets (24, Band of Brothers, Rocky, Sporanos, Indiana Jones, Godfather, Honeymooners, Scarface)instead and I didn't think of checking it before leaving the store.

I'd go get it myself but the closest FYE is about an hour and a half away.

PM Me. Thanks a lot.

[quote name='b3b0p']when does this end?[/quote]

AD scan on first post states that the offer is valid from 6/13 to 6/19. Typical one week sale.

hey guys, after ordering the 3rd season online (for 15 dollars!) i noticed that i entered my address wrong, i forgot the 'e' in "maxine". do you think it would matter? since they hafta check the credit card (which is to the same address), wouldn't it arrive normally?

"hey guys, after ordering the 3rd season online (for 15 dollars!) i noticed that i entered my address wrong, i forgot the 'e' in "maxine". do you think it would matter? since they hafta check the credit card (which is to the same address), wouldn't it arrive normally? "

It shouldn't matter they will still get it to you.

bread's done
Back