Simpsons seasons $12.99 and Family Guy Vols. $12.99 At target

ig88vsbobafett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I dont know if it was posted yet but Simpsons seasons (up to 10) are $12.99 each and Family Guy Volumes are $12.99

i saw all the Family Guys and simpsons season 8 and 10 but i assume its all of them but 11th season

Added Thanks crazylikeafox11

Family Guy Vol. 1-6 - 12.99 each
The Simpsons Season 10 - 12.99
Arrested Development Season 1-3 - 12.99 each
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 1 & 2 - 12.99 each
How I met your mother Season 1-3 - 12.99 each
John & Kate + 8 Season 1-2 - 12.99 each

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I wish that I had waited for all the sets to hit $12-$15. I don't know if I was just too new to buying cheap or if the Simpsons sets were just in higher demand, but I was buying around the $30 mark up until season 7 or so. Since then it seems like each month the sets get cheaper. Doh!

I really thought the older sets were worth $30, but season 10 and 11 I am glad I paid something around $15 for each. They are horrible.

And I own all of Futurama as well; an easy four season set to pick up that was consistently funny.[/quote]

Just to be a pain in the ass: there are actually 5 seasons of Futurama but they're combined on to 4 DVD volumes...if anyone cares.

I currently own season 1-8 but I wouldn't mind picking up seasons 9-11 at the $12.99 price point... I think I'd probably be looking for sub-$10 on seasons after that. I'm hoping that Simpsons doesn't start coming out on Blu-Ray as, up until the current season, I don't believe any of it exists in HD and I really don't want my OCD to make me re-buy it...

[quote name='BWOzar']Just to be a pain in the ass: there are actually 5 seasons of Futurama but they're combined on to 4 DVD volumes...if anyone cares.[/quote]Oh I totally forgot about that. Nice catch.

[quote name='argyle']I also saw a season of something called "The IT Crowd" for $12.99 yesterday. I had never heard of it before, but it looked funny.

I'm hoping Amazon matches this now...[/quote]

I have the first 2 seasons imported, will import the third as well. Great show, hilarious stuff. It's from Graham Linehan who wrote Father Ted, Black Books, and some of Big Train. Great show, very good price.

[quote name='argyle']I also saw a season of something called "The IT Crowd" for $12.99 yesterday. I had never heard of it before, but it looked funny.

I'm hoping Amazon matches this now...[/quote]

If you haven't watched The "IT" Crowd before, you may want to try watching it on Megavideo. It's pretty funny for a British WebComedy. I'd recommend it.

I went to Target today and found seasons 8 and 10 for $12.99 and season 11 for $20.

I just got eight (Damn, I love this season. Watched the whole set as soon as I got home) and, while I was there, noticed they have In Living Color 2-pack for $20. Considering I missed the 5-season ILC for $40 deal on Amazon (STILL kicking myself over that one) I will have to go back for that.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']I went to Target today and found seasons 8 and 10 for $12.99 and season 11 for $20.

I just got eight (Damn, I love this season. Watched the whole set as soon as I got home) and, while I was there, noticed they have In Living Color 2-pack for $20. Considering I missed the 5-season ILC for $40 deal on Amazon (STILL kicking myself over that one) I will have to go back for that.[/quote]

same here they only had season 8 and 10, I was hoping for a few more.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']If you haven't watched The "IT" Crowd before, you may want to try watching it on Megavideo. It's pretty funny for a British WebComedy. I'd recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Wow. The first episode was pretty damn funny. Of course, I'm an IT guy, so I've seen plenty of guys like that.

[quote name='bones56']same here they only had season 8 and 10, I was hoping for a few more.[/quote]

Over the course of the last week I went to three different targets and only saw seasons 8 and 10 (@ $12.99 each) and season 11 (@ $29.99). I picked up season 10 (already had 8 and that's too much too much for 11)

I actually asked at the customer service desk at the beginning of the sale last week. They said Season 4 (the only I wanted) was no longer in their system, and no stores had it. Needless to say, I was bummed, as that was the only one I wanted... but Cie La Vie.

I've seen Simpsons seasons 1-4 at Wal-Mart for $15 a pop.

Personally, I'm hoping Season 6 gets re-released in the non-Homer head version. I refuse to buy a season I have to store seperate from my others.

I picked up Family Guy Volume 6. Thanks for this OP! I was surprised all the family guy volumes were only $12.99. At least I'm caught up!

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']Personally, I'm hoping Season 6 gets re-released in the non-Homer head version. I refuse to buy a season I have to store seperate from my others.[/QUOTE]
Didn't this already happen, a long time ago? I could swear I've seen it.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']I've seen Simpsons seasons 1-4 at Wal-Mart for $15 a pop.

Personally, I'm hoping Season 6 gets re-released in the non-Homer head version. I refuse to buy a season I have to store seperate from my others.[/quote]

Based on half.com listings (and UPC numbers) it suggests that the non-Homer head version will be re-released in May 2009. It was released prior to the movie back in Summer '07 as well.

I wonder if theses DVDs will ever catch up with the current season. It doesn't seem likely unless they release the next five seasons in one Blu ray collection or something.

If this deal is still alive, it's definitely worth checking out. I own all eleven seasons myself.

[quote name='RudyPants']I wonder if theses DVDs will ever catch up with the current season. It doesn't seem likely unless they release the next five seasons in one Blu ray collection or something.

If this deal is still alive, it's definitely worth checking out. I own all eleven seasons myself.[/quote]

The pace of releases actually got screwed up because of the writer's strike. I mean they'd still be way off from catching up but the writers couldn't record tracks for the season 11 release which knocked everything a bit off kilter. The rumor is June for the release of the next DVD season - it's actually up for pre-order on amazon now (no release date set, but it's Comic Book Guy on the cover).

I've read there is almost no chance of Blu-Ray releases from before the current (20th) season because the existing animation is relatively low-quality and far too costly to update to anything resembling Blu-worthy quality. Plus they already spent money to restore the episodes for the DVDs and the picture quality, especially in the older seasons, is rather uninspiring.

[quote name='BWOzar']The pace of releases actually got screwed up because of the writer's strike. I mean they'd still be way off from catching up but the writers couldn't record tracks for the season 11 release which knocked everything a bit off kilter. The rumor is June for the release of the next DVD season - it's actually up for pre-order on amazon now (no release date set, but it's Comic Book Guy on the cover).

I've read there is almost no chance of Blu-Ray releases from before the current (20th) season because the existing animation is relatively low-quality and far too costly to update to anything resembling Blu-worthy quality. Plus they already spent money to restore the episodes for the DVDs and the picture quality, especially in the older seasons, is rather uninspiring.[/quote]
Plus it looks like crap on an HDTV. I just did a marathon of seasons 3 and 8 on my HDTV with my PS3 and, even upscaled, they didn't look so hot.

8 wasn't too bad but season 3 was a mixed bag. Some episodes looked worse than season 1 and 2's.

bread's done
Back