Sin City Extended Cut DVD at Target?

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Has anyone been able to find the Sin City Extended Cut DVD (the one with two DVD's and the trade paperback book) at Target?

My local Target never received it in stock, I've had a rain check since the week it released. A friend of mine's local Target also has never received it. It seems odd that they would advertise it as a sale price in their flyer (the week it originally came out) but have not yet received it.

I realise crap happens, I'm just curious if other Targets have gotten it in.

Thanks.

[quote name='Haggar']Has anyone been able to find the Sin City Extended Cut DVD (the one with two DVD's and the trade paperback book) at Target?

My local Target never received it in stock, I've had a rain check since the week it released. A friend of mine's local Target also has never received it. It seems odd that they would advertise it as a sale price in their flyer (the week it originally came out) but have not yet received it.

I realise crap happens, I'm just curious if other Targets have gotten it in.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Are you checking yourself because I don't believe they will notify you when it comes back in stock.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Are you checking yourself because I don't believe they will notify you when it comes back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been stopping in once or twice a week (when I'm doing my normal shopping). They still haven't received it in the Targets around here yet, but apparently other Targets have.

Thanks, that's all I really wanted to know. If no Target had them, I was thinking maybe they decided not to carry it for some reason, but it appears the Targets around here simply haven't gotten it in yet.

No biggie, I can wait. Thanks again.

I think it's only $20 at towerrecords.com right now and there's a free shipping code in another thread... lower than it ever was at Target.

If you have a best buy in your area, Sin City Recut is on sale online only for $23.99, so if you do have one in your area you can do in-store pick-up. If you don't, shipping is only about $1.70 which is probably cheaper than it is on sale at Target. Then you can take that raincheck at Target and apply it to take that percentage off another dvd you want since they didn't get what you wanted back in stock.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7522807&type=product&id=1441195

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you have a best buy in your area, Sin City Recut is on sale online only for $23.99, so if you do have one in your area you can do in-store pick-up. If you don't, shipping is only about $1.70 which is probably cheaper than it is on sale at Target. Then you can take that raincheck at Target and apply it to take that percentage off another dvd you want since they didn't get what you wanted back in stock.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7522807&type=product&id=1441195[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good deal. I've never seen the movie, though...

[quote name='guardian_owl']If you have a best buy in your area, Sin City Recut is on sale online only for $23.99, so if you do have one in your area you can do in-store pick-up. If you don't, shipping is only about $1.70 which is probably cheaper than it is on sale at Target. Then you can take that raincheck at Target and apply it to take that percentage off another dvd you want since they didn't get what you wanted back in stock.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7522807&type=product&id=1441195[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I bought it the week it released for $30. I'll get some cash back when I go later this week.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']That's a pretty good deal. I've never seen the movie, though...[/QUOTE]
If you enjoy violent, noirish films you would probably like it.

[quote name='Level Jumper']Frank Miller = greatness[/QUOTE]

MILLER RETURNS TO SIN CITY
Frank Miller, who co-directed Sin City with Robert Rodriguez, told Empire Online that his upcoming sequel will be one of five such movies he envisions, based on his Sin City graphic novels.

"I'm finishing the script right now for Sin City 2," Miller told the site. "I can't wait to get back behind the camera. If I have my way, there's going to be five [films]. But that's if I have my way! Five would take care of all the graphic novels. But there's new material that I'm writing for the second one. There'll probably also be a separate graphic novel that I'll do. It's a Nancy Callahan story that I've been wanting to do."

Sin City 2 is slated for an Aug. 18, 2006, release.
-- SCIFI WIRE

[quote name='guardian_owl']Yep, just look at the Saw franchise, it's already suffering because they are trying to pump out one a year.[/QUOTE]

Suffering? I thought the sequel surpassed the original.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Suffering? I thought the sequel surpassed the original.[/QUOTE]
I suppose it depends on what you go for the movies for, I thought the stuff outside the house was great, but most of the stuff inside the house was trite crap. Since they got half the film right and fucked up the other half it makes the disappointment that much more painful. I firmly believe if they had taken another year to polish the script and waited to release Saw 2 until 2006 it would have been a much better film.

Hopefully they shrink the cast down to a more manageable size because they went overkill with characters in Saw 2 and as a result we learn very little about any of them.

[quote name='guardian_owl']I suppose it depends on what you go for the movies for, I thought the stuff outside the house was great, but most of the stuff inside the house was trite crap. Since they got half the film right and fucked up the other half it makes the disappointment that much more painful. I firmly believe if they had taken another year to polish the script and waited to release Saw 2 until 2006 it would have been a much better film.

Hopefully they shrink the cast down to a more manageable size because they went overkill with characters in Saw 2 and as a result we learn very little about any of them.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could see it that way too. You're not necessarily saying the sequel was bad but that it had the potential to be even better?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I suppose I could see it that way too. You're not necessarily saying the sequel was bad but that it had the potential to be even better?[/QUOTE]
Basically I am saying a portion of the film was great, brillant stuff which was equal to and in places superior to the original Saw, and another portion was typical horror cliche crap. Rumor is the director of Saw 2 (not the same director as Saw 1) had an existing script which comprised of the basic premise of the events inside the house, then when he was picked as the director of the sequel he and Leigh Whannell (one of the script authors of the first film) built off of that and eventually interconnected the two so that the two halves related. As such I believe the director had difficulty letting go of his original idea and did not want to make major revisions. Whannell had a guiding hand in the rest of the script (outside of the house) and that is probably why that portion seems more thought provoking and polished.

If they write a new script from scratch and don't attempt to cannabalize another script to speed up development Saw 3 may increase in quality once again, I'd say it all comes down who is chosen as the director and how involved the people who made Saw 1 are in Saw 3's production.

After that long rant...I'll get back to my point ;), two halves one I enjoyed very much the other I did not, as such that knocks the score down to the 6.5 to 7 range. Better than a lot of what passes for horror these days, but not enough to touch the original Saw overall IMHO.

bread's done
Back