Sin Episode One

Vega$

CAGiversary!
Just curious, how much does sin episode one cost at ebgames or gamestop?

I couldnt find the game at either gamestop or ebgames, but i was curious. I want to buy it, but you know under 30 dollars. :D

Picked up my copy for $4.00 at Biglots. See it at the biglots I shop at every once in a while (among other PC games).

This game is pretty forgettable, and there's currently no more episodes in development, so except for the great theme song, which you could buy on iTunes for a buck, two if you want the remix, there's no reason to pick this up.

fuck me, do I win the Run-on Sentence of the Year award, or what?

why are you asking this in the PC forums? shouldn't this be in the other deals and requests?

Anyways I haven't been able to play it do to the fact the game causes my machine to reboot :whistle2:( I could reinstall it under XP Pro but I already have the orange box running under a different account so I don't know If I can reinstall it without something getting screwed up in the process.

[quote name='redgopher']This game is pretty forgettable, and there's currently no more episodes in development, so except for the great theme song, which you could buy on iTunes for a buck, two if you want the remix, there's no reason to pick this up.

fuck me, do I win the Run-on Sentence of the Year award, or what?[/QUOTE]

For a $20 game, it was pretty fun. I actually picked it up during CC's B1G1 half off sale on PC games so it was like $15 for (along with HL2 Ep1). It's not fantastic but still a pretty good game for $20.

But yeah, it kinda sucks that there'll be no more episodes so we're stuck with what we got.

[quote name='prisonerac']
$9.99 at circuit city. Not sure about shipping, but maybe you can do in store pick-up.[/quote]

ugh i hate circuitycity online. They should have a option where you dont have to order online, but have the item shipped to the store , then buy it. I dont believe any store does anything like that. You have to buy online first :(

Thanks anyway, but i found the game at gamestop around my way. They have it for 6.99.

[quote name='redgopher']so except for the great theme song, which you could buy on iTunes for a buck, two if you want the remix, there's no reason to pick this up.[/quote]

What song is that btw, i heard it couple days ago when my friend came over with the game, who is the artist?

[quote name='PenguinMaster'] But keep in mind you'll have to use Steam, so I can't bring myself to ever play it.[/quote]

um i only play single player :) Thats why i also own sin and wages of sin, so i can play them online :D

[quote name='ITDEFX']why are you asking this in the PC forums? shouldn't this be in the other deals and requests?[/quote]

Sorry about that lol. I dont know what i was thinking.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I haven't been able to play it do to the fact the game causes my machine to reboot :whistle2:( I could reinstall it under XP Pro but I already have the orange box running under a different account so I don't know If I can reinstall it without something getting screwed up in the process.[/quote]

Really? Works perfect on windows98se, which i am using :)

[quote name='Vega$']What song is that btw, i heard it couple days ago when my friend came over with the game, who is the artist?[/quote]
"What's The World Come To," by Zak Belica, the composer for the original SiN and Episode One. He was the audio director at Ritual Entertainment, but I'm pretty sure he left the company after they got bought and turned into a casual games studio (as did most of the employees, I've heard).

[quote name='Vega$']
um i only play single player :) Thats why i also own sin and wages of sin, so i can play them online :D
[/QUOTE]

You still have to use steam even in playing single player, just like with all of Valve's games (Half-Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Counterstrike Source, etc.).

My friend came over the other day, install it on my computer and i click on single player and there was a quick story, and i was playing for about 5 mins into the game. I had to escape some lab or something, i didnt see anything about steam.

Unless i am missing something?

CoffeeEdge thanks :)

[quote name='Vega$']My friend came over the other day, install it on my computer and i click on single player and there was a quick story, and i was playing for about 5 mins into the game. I had to escape some lab or something, i didnt see anything about steam.

Unless i am missing something?

CoffeeEdge thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Unless your friend has a pirated version of the game or they made a steamless version later on (which I haven't heard of), you should have had to install steam and log into it before you started the game.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Unless your friend has a pirated version of the game or they made a steamless version later on (which I haven't heard of), you should have had to install steam and log into it before you started the game.[/QUOTE]

He said he's playing on Win98 SE... maybe that's why? But still, this is the first I've heard of a Steam game running without Steam.

Steam games need the Steam Client regardless of whether you're playing single/multiplayer.

I absolutely love Steam. Most games, if available on Steam, I am far more likely to purchase than a non-Steam game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']"What's The World Come To," by Zak Belica, the composer for the original SiN and Episode One. [/QUOTE]

If you even remotely enjoyed the theme in the game, I highly suggest purchasing it and *especially* the remix on iTunes.

[quote name='Vega$']wait a min, who is singing the vocals?[/QUOTE]
One Sarah Ravenscroft, who, as far as I can tell, seems to be a nobody studio singer. So, if you're hoping to find more material by her, you might be out of luck...

bread's done
Back