Since discovering CAG, did you spent, 1) more, 2) less, 3) equal amount of money?

SOSTrooper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Since you found out about CAG, are you spending more, less, or equal amount of money per month/year compared to when you didn't know about CAG?

I'm definitely spending more since finding out about CAG. Although with CAG, I'm also getting a lot more games than I would have without it for the same amount of money spent.

Im spending more, but I get more games for my money than I used too. I would get a game @ 50 bucks, but now I get 5 games or more with that 50 bucks. It rocks.

I've been spending about the same. Before I'd spend like $100 every three months or so, now I spend about $30-40 per month, but, of course, I get lots more.

I'm spending less per game, but I buy more games, so I end up spending more than I did before (example, I picked up 10 games at the CC sale last weekend).

I imagine this website has changed many a videogaming lifestyle. For example I used to buy fewer games, but I would spend more money on a single game (i.e. $50), but I would also play all the games I bought. Now I spend about the same, maybe more, but I get more, and play fewer of them. I did a rough count last night and I think I haven't even played 30 of my PS2, Xbox, GC games combined!

I think I am sending too much actually. Even if I reach my budget, if is too good of a deal I often cannot pass it up. No self-respecting CAG would.

Spending a lot more... most of the deals on here are hard to deny. Of course, I'm getting a lot more as well.:D

I spend MORE overall to get more games, but spend LESS on each game. I also came to this conclusion: With very, very few exceptions (like KOTOR and Halo 2)

NO VIDEO GAME IS WORTH MORE THAN $19.99.

Same here. I'm spending more, but getting alot more games. I'm trying to control my spending, but most of the deals are too good to pass up. I dont want to kick myself for passing up a great deal. Just look at that Colosseum deal at Gamestop. I would be pissed at myself if I didnt jump on that deal. My reasoning was "Ehh, whats another $10" :)

[quote name='lockarm']I spend MORE overall to get more games, but spend LESS on each game. I also came to this conclusion: With very, very few exceptions (like KOTOR and Halo 2)

NO VIDEO GAME IS WORTH MORE THAN $19.99.[/QUOTE]

This is a very good bit of logic. I used to buy games as soon as they'd come out for full price. Now I never buy anything until it drops to or below $19.99. My only exceptions will be for Zelda: Twilight Princess, Halo 3, and Kingdom Hearts 2.

I am spending less over all but getting more games. However it seems I am spending more in the sense that I am making more purchases but they are for less money. Instead of one $50 dollar game a month it's like 10 $5 dollar games a month. so per game I am spending less.

I'm definately spending more. Although I'm getting more games for my money, I think CAG is a part of the reason why I'm so broke, hehe. Before CAG (and working at EB), I only bought a game if I was sure I was going to play it right away; suddenly I became a collector...darnit.

In overall cost, I'm think I'm spending more. But in return, I'm getting alot more in return. My spending tab (check sig) is a good example.

I'm spending more but now I own more consoles and buy more dvds then before going to this site. I can also afford more games now thaks to being older.

I'm spending less. I really only go on buying sprees once in about 4 months. Even then, a spree now equals about $60, so about the price of a new game.

[quote name='hinkbert']I imagine this website has changed many a videogaming lifestyle. For example I used to buy fewer games, but I would spend more money on a single game (i.e. $50), but I would also play all the games I bought. Now I spend about the same, maybe more, but I get more, and play fewer of them. I did a rough count last night and I think I haven't even played 30 of my PS2, Xbox, GC games combined![/QUOTE]

ditto

it got so bad that i just had to sell off a lot of the games i wasnt playing and had no intention to play.

i spend much MUCH more on games, but also play far fewer games, i spend the time that i would be playing games shopping for deals or abusing gamerush trade in deals or the best buy GGC or mcdonalds coupon.

that is just the way it is.

i almost got out of control when TRU was doing their green tag sale+$10 off 2 games $20 or less coupon, but I haven't bought a game in months(except God of War through gamerush -- beat it and traded it in a couple days).

my unplayed stack is down to 4 games now, and i'm dreading two of them because of their length(ratchet and clank 2, jak and daxter the precursor legacy)

Games are just getting too long for me...I think I might beat these remaining games and get rid of all the stuff I have *gasp*

gee, you guys aren't doing too bad. i have 6 large boxes full of games i haven't touched yet..............maybe it's time i stop buying and start paying for college instead, hehe

I'm spending more but very little out-of-pocket.

I've bought tons of games that I wouldn't have . . . but the average price is below $10.

Before CAG, I actually played through more games . . . now, I've become more of a (gasp) collector.

On the positive side, I swear I'm not getting a new system until at least 2007 . . . yes the graphics will be shiny and new but I'm waiting until the prices drop and I have plenty of games to keep me busy.

[quote name='Zon27']My collection multiplied like 20 fold when I found out about cag. I can't even remember how I found this site.[/QUOTE]

Ditto and Ditto.

I do remember that I slowly got sucked into CAG . . . after a few visits, "I guess I'll register."

I used to go Gamespot everyday . . . now I don't bother . . . Gamerankings and CAG are all I need . . .

I just recently found the site. So for the short term I think I'm spending less, but down the road I can see this place making me care about my video games a lot more. So I plan on spending more but spending it wisely.

[quote name='schultzed']Ditto and Ditto.

I do remember that I slowly got sucked into CAG . . . after a few visits, "I guess I'll register."

I used to go Gamespot everyday . . . now I don't bother . . . Gamerankings and CAG are all I need . . .[/QUOTE]

Hehe, CAG is pretty much the only site I go to now a days. But I think that my collection has definitely expanded from using (not so much abusing ;)) the deals on CAG. I'm definitely getting more games for my money :)

Spending more and getting more, to much I think, in a little over a year i've bought about 700 games, and maybe played a 100 of them and beat maybe 6. It's out of control. Just this week between the half price ps1 fye thing and CC and some other little things I picked up 67 games this week. Help!

Spending more, but thats because I'm buying more games at lower costs :D

Also has rekindled my interest in getting my PSX collection going again

I joined CAG a little over a year ago and since then I have definitely spent more money on video games. Of course I buy lots more games now though. I tell myself I'm making up for my childhood when I would only get a new video game on special occasions like Christmas or my birthday.

I would say that I spend about the same but I get more games. Also, I am playing more games I never would have played otherwise, like Beyond G&E for example. Also, I am better educated about what a good deal is and I don't get ripped off as much...although I didn't know I was getting ripped off until I started coming here. ;)

I'm with most of you - spending WAY more but getting 5X the value out of what I spend (especially thanks to Gamerush). I cringe when I look back to my $38 Fry's purchase of Paper Mario back at the end of last year :D. I think I also spent nearly that much on Mario Tennis... I did make out pretty good at the CC $5 glitch sale thanks to CAG though around that time.

Yeah - I really went Crazy with the Gamerush deals for the 4th of July.

I'm probably spending twice as much as usual - but getting about 5 times as much as I would ^_^

i'm spending more
i voted for the wrong thing
cuz i'm saving a lot more money
i have a hard time paying $20 for a game since discovering CAG
although i just did on KATAMARI DAMACY
i think i'm almost too much of a cheap ass now

[quote name='dracula']ditto

it got so bad that i just had to sell off a lot of the games i wasnt playing and had no intention to play.

i spend much MUCH more on games, but also play far fewer games, i spend the time that i would be playing games shopping for deals or abusing gamerush trade in deals or the best buy GGC or mcdonalds coupon.

that is just the way it is.[/QUOTE]

Dracula,

I didn't see your post the first time - you nailed it exactly for me as well (minus the GGC which I have never been able to find). It is almost like the quest to find cheap new games has overtaken the desire to play them :D. Sure I play them a little each day, but I keep getting more games each week than I manage to finish. My son and I just finished Revenge of the Sith. I know reviewers complained it was too short but I was relieved - we actually got through an entire game! I've got about 10-12 PS2 RPG's that I haven't even started yet in addition to several GC games and several other PS2 games (halfway through Jak II, but still have all the R&C's to play). Thank god I don't own an Xbox :D.

Recently, I have been trading games I bought fully with the intention to play into Gamerush - of course, that is generally to get *other* games, but at least ones I'm more likely to play. Most recent of my trade-ins was Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex for GC that I got for $5 at Best Buy a while back. I figured it was about 30 or so down the list of games I'd play next, so what's the point, I'll never get to it :D.

I'm spending a lot more, but I'm getting a lot more games as well. So much so that I don't even have time to play them all.

bread's done
Back