Since When Did Gamestop Start Taking In Games With No Label

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
I recently went to a Gamestop to pick up some DS games for the upcoming B2G1. I had about 4 games and the employee was flipping through the drawer for awhile to find them, and eventually he popped back up above the counter with the games in hand. As I was watching him pull each game out of the yellow sleeves, I realized that one of the cartridges label looked a little funny. I asked the employee if I could take a look at the cartridge, and he nicely obliged. Apparently the label's art has been half ripped off (the art was gone but the white sticky bottom half was still there) and the title was written in pen on it. And I asked the gal if this was common, and she told me they occasionally took in games with no labels and she showed me a couple GBA games they had on display that were pretty much the same thing.

Now when I used to work for Gamestop many years ago, we would never, and I mean never take in any game without a label, even if we are able to test it, we don't take them in. Has something changed recently with Gamestop's trade in policies? How do they expect anyone to want to buy a cartridge that has the title written in pen on it, lol. Weak...

Technically we're not supposed to take any game without a label but some Game Advisors either don't know that or simply don't care and will do it anyway.

[quote name='capturedpenguin']Technically we're not supposed to take any game without a label but some Game Advisors either don't know that or simply don't care and will do it anyway.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe people could even think about doing this. Would they honestly buy a game like that if it was them making the purchase? Hope this isn't going to be a new practice they going to start doing ~_~

I know of a couple of managers that will take in any game in any condition just to up their numbers. I have seen 360 games that looked as if they wre used on a sanding machine then played frisbee with a pitbull. I have seen games with cracks n the certers and even missing labels on some ds/gba games. I asked wtf and they told me they just defect them out but take them just to pump up numbers.

I notice this occasionally too at my local GS. I personally would want a game with an intact label with minimal wear, but some people just have lower standards and are willing to buy games with missing labels, names on them, etc.

bread's done
Back