Sing Star Rocks - $1.99 on Amazon? Big pre-order price mistake.

Considering ordering, I don't even own a ps2.
suspect.gif

ordered just for shits and giggles......i mean, they wont ship this, since they didnt honor their $0.02 Wii Trauma Center a few weeks ago......

Yah, every price mistake I've ever seen on Amazon hasn't been honored. I've received a couple $5 coupons for my trouble though.

Ordered for the hell of it. I have no use for this game at all , but may work as a good trade in option. It's to bad cost 4.50 for shipping but, it's still worth it I would assume. Thanks for the deal.

my wife actually wants this game pretty badly... she wont get it, though (especially at this price).
Saves me the embarrassment of singing with her (why 2 mics with it, why? :) )

[quote name='Rictor']Yah, every price mistake I've ever seen on Amazon hasn't been honored. I've received a couple $5 coupons for my trouble though.[/quote]

you received a couple?! as in how many? jus curious...

[quote name='animemaniac14']you received a couple?! as in how many? jus curious...[/quote]I'm basically ordering just so hopefully I get 5.00 off something.

I think he means he has recieved multiple $5 coupons. 1 per cancelled price mistake. I've gotten 5-6 different coupons from amazon so far.

If you guys really ordered 13 you're making a big mistake and you're basically ruining this for everyone else (not me though .. I still dont want it at $1.99 :)). Dont you think it's going to be obvious to people at Amazon that something is up with this game if people are buying 13 copies at a time. And I'm sure we have some a-holes from other sites that are doing the same thing to sell these on ebay. Just buy 1 for yourself, enjoy it, and try to keep this deal going for everyone else. After all .. thats what this site is for. It's for people to buy video games cheap to have some fun it's not for people to make a living on ebay. And that my friends is Maklershed's words of wisdom for today.

This is to everyone that is ordering a whole bunch....

Yeah lets just order a ton so its even more likely that they will cancel the deal, yeah thats reallllllllly intelligent.

It's better to order one or two and have a chance at them honoring it than it is for people to order like 13 knowing full well they will never honor that many at this price and then end up causing them to cancel the deal for EVERYONE.

Way to ruin it for the rest of us. Everyone that ordered more than 2 go cancel all of them except for one as a sign of good faith to increase the chance they will honor it.

[quote name='xmagxus']This is to everyone that is ordering a whole bunch....

Yeah lets just order a ton so its even more likely that they will cancel the deal, yeah thats reallllllllly intelligent.

It's better to order one or two and have a chance at them honoring it than it is for people to order like 13 knowing full well they will never honor that many at this price and then end up causing them to cancel the deal for EVERYONE.

Way to ruin it for the rest of us. Everyone that ordered more than 2 go cancel all of them except for one as a sign of good faith to increase the chance they will honor it.[/quote]
....Like they'll ever honor it :roll:

[quote name='snakelda']I clicked on the link and it says it cost $49.99 is it supposed to say the reduced price on there?[/quote]

Ditto.

I guess they fixed the mistake.

[quote name='SniperREX']Ditto.

I guess they fixed the mistake.[/quote]

I think that it's just because Amazon sold out, so now they are showing the price of another retailer, it even says its not shipping from Amazon.

[quote name='danh920']ordered 13 for the free shipping

thanks op[/quote]

.........what a retard!....pardon me.....a cheap retard.

I called customer service a couple of times this morning about my order, just to make sure that they'll honor the $1.99 price and not try to charge me full retail.

She put me on hold for a few minutes, and said there was an error on the site and that my order would be cancelled, but it would take 2-4 weeks to get the charge back on my card. Bummer. The girl mentioned that since they now knew about it they could catch all the orders that went out, so she credited my account $10 Amazon bucks for being such a good customer.

Nah, just kidding! Good luck to anyone that actually ships. Looks like a horrible game, but for a $2 mic is pretty good.

Why do people even post these gltiches anyways... i say just order one for yourself and hope not too many people catch on so the chances that they will honor it will go up...

with that said, whether someone orders 1 or 13, once it gets on a board it is sure to be not honored... so I say go crazy...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/468502/pop-up/103-1616038-8305439#guarantee

Pre-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, or DVD, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Please note that our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuure.

I've only got two jokes for this one.

Shipping kills the deal!

and Remember, if the price goes lower before the game is released, Amazon will honor the lower price!

Gotta luv this line in the confirmation:

Because of Pre-order Price Guarantee, you might pay less.

I ordered 2 for my nieces and nephews. My son rolled his eyes when I asked if he wanted one.

We can dream can't we!

oops. You beat me to it.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Anyone get a $5 coupon?[/quote]

You wouldnt get any coupons until they cancel your order.

Usually the $5 coupon is an apology or if you bitch a way to placate you.

[quote name='danh920']ordered 13 for the free shipping

thanks op[/QUOTE]

Yeah . . . ordering 13 of them will really make it likely that Amazon will honor the mistake.

Folks, when there is a price error it is best to play it cool.

Yeah, I got a $10 coupon for the FFXII LE guide mistake... I hope I'd at least get $5 coupon so I can buy more guides for cheap :)

You guys should try the amazon prime thing, you get 2 day delivery for free, so long as you cancel before the end of the trial period.

Thanks again OP!

they changed the price to 49.99
i missed out but at least i finally got the offer for free amazon prime

bread's done
Back