SingStar Amped stand alone PS2 - $9.97 at Amazon

The deal seems to be misleading, amazon's price is displayed $25, but under new&used, it says 9.97.
iy.gif

iy.gif

When Amazon doesn't have an item in stock, sometimes they will show a third-party seller as the default buying option, and in search results. If you look to the right side of the page under "More Buying Choices" you will see Amazon's price of $9.97.

More Buying Choices
Amazon.com
$9.97 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Usually ships in 2 to 3 weeks

[quote name='Sofa King Cheap']OK, so now where to find a cheap bundle of some sort (any SingStar game) with the Mics? It's lousy that you can't use the Logitech mics.[/quote]

Sears has a few on clearance, check out that thread.

CC liquidation wasn't bad, I was able to get the 80's singstar for $23 with mic's.

[quote name='EvilIA']Sears has a few on clearance, check out that thread.

CC liquidation wasn't bad, I was able to get the 80's singstar for $23 with mic's.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Target is clearancing a couple of the stand alone games, as well as the Country set with mics ... granted the Country set is ... a rather specific taste ... but it does come with mics

[quote name='EvilIA']Sears has a few on clearance, check out that thread.

CC liquidation wasn't bad, I was able to get the 80's singstar for $23 with mic's.[/quote]

I picked up the '90s bundle for ~$24 at CC yesterday (saw the amped bundle for the same price).

Nice find. I've been looking for cheap PS2 Singstar deals ever since I discovered the PS3 version will swap discs with the PS2 version.

Kinda glad this is OoS. Was about to put up two on ebay, one I got for $5 at Kmart and one I got out of a bundle at Walmart for $15. Gonna put the mics up as well for probably $25-$30 shipped.

I can't find it listed from Amazon anymore. And I have never seen a Singstar clearanced around these parts, no matter how much people talk about it...

Yeah, I don't see Amazon's listing anymore either. I guess this is dead for the time being. Glad I scored one while it was available (and actually for $9.47 since it showed up in my Quick Picks this morning). I wonder if it will really take 2 to 3 weeks to ship, I find that in 90% of cases where Amazon says that, the item still ships in a day or two anyway.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I don't see Amazon's listing anymore either. I guess this is dead for the time being. Glad I scored one while it was available (and actually for $9.47 since it showed up in my Quick Picks this morning). I wonder if it will really take 2 to 3 weeks to ship, I find that in 90% of cases where Amazon says that, the item still ships in a day or two anyway.[/QUOTE]

You're right. That does happen sometimes. But right now I am still waiting on a toy cell phone for my nephew (he just turned 1) that I ordered in the beginning of January and it still hasn't shipped. All while Amazon fulfills shipment and ships out immediately from another company (who also sells it for 2.5x the price Amazon lists it for).

[quote name='xraytd']Nice find. I've been looking for cheap PS2 Singstar deals ever since I discovered the PS3 version will swap discs with the PS2 version.[/quote]

Since when??? When I got Singstar for PS3, it wouldn't recognize either of my PS2 Singstar games (and has been widely reported to not work with PS2 Singstar). I haven't played it in a couple months, but is this something new?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Since when??? When I got Singstar for PS3, it wouldn't recognize either of my PS2 Singstar games (and has been widely reported to not work with PS2 Singstar). I haven't played it in a couple months, but is this something new?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was an update released a few months ago. Now you can hit select and it lets you do a disc swap. I assumed it would swap only with another PS3 version, but I put a PS2 version in there and it read the disc and worked fine.

Not sure if the type of PS3 matters, but mine is the 60gb with PS2 backwards compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xraytd']Yeah, there was an update released a few months ago. Now you can hit select and it lets you do a disc swap. I assumed it would swap only with another PS3 version, but I put a PS2 version in there and it read the disc and worked fine.

Not sure if the type of PS3 matters, but mine is the 60gb with PS2 backwards compatibility.[/quote]

You're right! I just checked and it does work now. The "press select to swap" feature has always been there. But before, when you'd put in a PS2 Singstar, it would give a "disc not recognized" message. I assumed they were just saving the feature for future use (if anybody remembers, the first Karaoke Revolution game for PS2 actually had an "expansion disk" feature that was never used).

This definitely breathes some life back into my Singstar experience. It's too bad you can't upload videos for the PS2 songs, but it's still nice to have them in the newer, cleaner interface. Now if only their DLC selection wouldn't be so horrid. I've been having a great time with Lips lately, but just wish it would build on its great premise. Now, if only I could have Lips' gameplay and song selection, with Singstar's features and interface...THAT would be one hell of a game!

bread's done
Back