Singstar Bundle (PS3) w/ $20 Gift Card GS Weekly letter (Spore deal too)

MastaGamer

CAGiversary!
Just got my weekly GameStop newsletter and supposedly (no specific date stated so figure it is on now) you get a $20 gift card when you buy the Singstar Bundle. Seems like a pretty solid deal to me if you are looking to pick it up.

They also had a trade in two Wii/360/PS3 games and get the Spore Creature Creator for free when it comes out on the 17th

This deal hasn't showed up at the Minneapolis location yet. They were very surprised to see the printout of the email. I'll try later or at another location.

It's only on the White PS2 Singstar bundle. It's $149.99 and you get a $20 GC. It's $129.99 at Best Buy with no GC. This is not a deal on just Singstar for PS2/PS3.

Went to a Gamestop, an EBX and an EB in the same mall here in Jersey...

All three did not have any clue about the promo...

They looked in all of their "books" but nothing was there.

One of the guys (Gamestop) was pretty much a total d***bag.

He kept insisting that I read it wrong and that the promo was for the white PS2 bundle...And there was no gift card....

Great promotion/stupid people...

[quote name='djbooba']It's only on the White PS2 Singstar bundle. It's $149.99 and you get a $20 GC. It's $129.99 at Best Buy with no GC. This is not a deal on just Singstar for PS2/PS3.[/quote]

Incorrect...Promo is for PS3

Here is copy:

In Stores Only: Gift Card with Purchase!

We've had a team of scientists working around the clock to combine your love of singing with your love of visiting your local GameStop and your love of getting stuff for free. We're happy to report that, after only a few lab explosions, our team came up with this deal. When you purchase the karaoke sensation SingStar Bundle with microphones for PS3, you'll get a free $20 GameStop Gift Card. The offer's only good in stores; so visit your local GameStop now

I can confirm Moleson's info about the $20 GC for buying Singstar bundle for the PS3. I am looking at the e-mail as I am typing this.

Anyone got a scan of the email ad? Just looked at mine and it says Purchase a PS2 Sing Star hardware bundle get a $20 gc. No mention of PS3

[quote name='kklems']Anyone got a scan of the email ad? Just looked at mine and it says Purchase a PS2 Sing Star hardware bundle get a $20 gc. No mention of PS3[/quote]

Oops, yes you're right! It's for the White PS2 Singstar bundle--makes a lot more sense, IMO. At least for me that's what it said. Oh well, easy come, easy go...

Subject: GameStop News: Bursting with deals and exclusives
That is what the subject of the email is that has the deal in it. If that's not the subject, you're looking at a different email.

It's in an email that is arriving/will arrive today. Their weekly newsletter. You're looking at the 'weekend deals' email that goes out on Fridays. Regardless, its legit.

No luck for me either today, they tried scanning both the game bundle and the gift card to see if it would ring up with the promo but it didn't. Looked through their weekly records and couldn't find anything in there, then called the DM who didn't find anything about the promo. They told me to call back tomorrow and see if they receive any information about the promo then.

Just got the newest email with the title Bursting with deals......

Still no go. Here is what mine says:
We've had a team of scientists working around the clock to combine your love of singing with your love of visiting your local GameStop and your love of getting stuff for free. We're happy to report that, after only a few lab explosions, our team came up with this deal. When you purchase the karaoke SingStar Bundle with microphones for PS2, you'll get a free $20 GameStop Gift Card. The offer's only good in stores; so visit your local EB Games or GameStop now.

So YMMV or maybe someone has a scan with page we can try to use or PM with.

I was just looking at the email again and it looks like they updated the image. Here's the coupon:

nnl_fright_270012.jpg

Just got back from GS and the coupon code wouldn't go through, told me to come back tomorrow morning when the manager is in, hopefully I'll have more luck then.

Thx for the scan GenDV. So the deal is from Friday through Sunday then ? I think I deleted the original email. :p

I brought in a printout of the email, before the coupon had been attached. They called other stores and even their DM, yet no one had a clue of the promo. So they manually took off $20 on Singstar and charged me for a $20 GC.

[quote name='jazzman']I brought in a printout of the email, before the coupon had been attached. They called other stores and even their DM, yet no one had a clue of the promo. So they manually took off $20 on Singstar and charged me for a $20 GC.[/quote]

Hm, I might give that a try after work, or tomorrow.

Could be an EB only coupon? Silly since they're both the same store. :p

Yeah, this is really bizarre how some people have it for the PS2 bundle while others with the PS3. I thought it sounded like one of those "too good to be true" deals, especially coming from GS. However, that's what my email said so figured most could try.

Would any of you guys foward the email to me?
So I can print?

PM me so I can send you my email! I would really appreciate it =)

[quote name='xmrblondex']Subject: GameStop News: Bursting with deals and exclusives
That is what the subject of the email is that has the deal in it. If that's not the subject, you're looking at a different email.[/quote]

This is what my e-mail says and it has the following listed:

nbnl_eb_featuredproduct.gif

In Stores Only: Gift Card with Purchase!

We've had a team of scientists working around the clock to combine your love of singing with your love of visiting your local GameStop and your love of getting stuff for free. We're happy to report that, after only a few lab explosions, our team came up with this deal. When you purchase the karaoke SingStar Bundle with microphones for PS2, you'll get a free $20 GameStop Gift Card. The offer's only good in stores; so visit your local EB Games or GameStop now.
nnl_fright_270012b.jpg

isn't spore creature creator only $9.99 somewhere?????, had to be best buy or walmart as those are the only stores I've been to recently

Just came back from GS and was successful in getting the deal. Used the scan by GenDV and they accepted it with no problems.

I guess now I can go rock out in-between MGSIV sessions...thanks GenDV and OP!

Edit: I should clarify, that like Loonknight below, it did take them a couple minutes to figure it out, but it did go through without any issues.

I picked up the Singstar for the PS3 this up at my local GS, I brought the email with me, and it took a while for the employees at the store to figure it out. They were just about to call their district manager when an email on their network came up and gave them a coupon code for it.
So I just had to sit around for them to figure things out.

I read the thread, but still a bit puzzled.

Is the coupon for GS only? Does anybody have the email for the PS3 version that is $20. I want to see the whole email, not just that little coupon.

Hmm. I think I'll just actually use the BB $25 GC I have for for a discounted price. I rarely shop GS/EB so the $20 gift card would sit for months if not years.

Got mine an hour ago. Went in, brought the game up to the counter, handed the email to the guy, he cut the coupon out, I paid for everything and that was that. :)

Again, is anyone able to forward/post the email? It sounds like you need to have a coupon from it, not just have the register ring it automatically.

Thanks

[quote name='TigerBoo']Again, is anyone able to forward/post the email? It sounds like you need to have a coupon from it, not just have the register ring it automatically.

Thanks[/quote]
nnl_fright_270012.jpg

Will Singstar for PS2 work on PS3 and with the mic from this bundle?
If so, then it would be perfect as you can use the $20 GC to buy PS2 versions.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yes, PS2 Singstar games will work on the PS3. Mics in the PS3 bundle are exactly the same as the PS2's.[/quote]

So, the mics with the ps2 version will work on the ps3? Will the ps2 games and mics work with the ps3? Sorry for the noob question. Trying to decide if I should buy the ps3 version or stick with the ps2 version.

[quote name='thebob101']So, the mics with the ps2 version will work on the ps3? Will the ps2 games and mics work with the ps3? Sorry for the noob question. Trying to decide if I should buy the ps3 version or stick with the ps2 version.[/quote]

Like I said in my previous post, the PS2 version of Singstar (Rocks, Amped, 80's, 90's, etc.) WILL work on the PS3 (as long as you have the 20, 60, 80 GB system). Both the mics in the PS2 bundle and the PS3 bundle are EXACTLY the same thing. So if you buy the Singstar Amped PS2 bundle, the game and the mics will work on the PS3 (as long as it's 20, 60, 80 GB)

[quote name='TheRock88']Like I said in my previous post, the PS2 version of Singstar (Rocks, Amped, 80's, 90's, etc.) WILL work on the PS3 (as long as you have the 20, 60, 80 GB system). Both the mics in the PS2 bundle and the PS3 bundle are EXACTLY the same thing. So if you buy the Singstar Amped PS2 bundle, the game and the mics will work on the PS3 (as long as it's 20, 60, 80 GB)[/quote]

Thanks, totally appreciate it.

[quote name='MatLu']
nnl_fright_270012.jpg
[/quote]

I was hoping for the whole email...I'm a little leery of showing this clip to the normal GS employee, and having it work.

[quote name='TheRock88']Like I said in my previous post, the PS2 version of Singstar (Rocks, Amped, 80's, 90's, etc.) WILL work on the PS3 (as long as you have the 20, 60, 80 GB system). Both the mics in the PS2 bundle and the PS3 bundle are EXACTLY the same thing. So if you buy the Singstar Amped PS2 bundle, the game and the mics will work on the PS3 (as long as it's 20, 60, 80 GB)[/quote]

Can you still access the Singstar store?

bread's done
Back