Singstar + Dance Party Pack with Microphones for Sony PS3 Move - $19.99 at TRU

[quote name='Byakurai']If you can't find it at TRU, Best Buy should have it for the same price as well.[/QUOTE]

you sure? Its marked $38.99 online

Not bad. I got this for $10 during Gamestop's Playstation Move fire sale, but they were hard to find.

Still a good price here.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']These are wired mics?[/QUOTE]

Yup.

K-mart had the same $20 price a couple days ago, too.

I don't think I'd much care for the tracks on this disc, but I really like the Singstar games in general, and there's a huge selection of DL songs available across pretty varied genres. It's a pain to transfer songs to a new PS3 if yours breaks, though, and there's no gamesharing with DL songs.

Yes, I'm not a fan of the songs on this version but I've had a very hard time finding any bundles with microphones of any version for under $40. Even eBay has been a fail for sealed, new microphones.

[quote name='dnajar']Yes, I'm not a fan of the songs on this version but I've had a very hard time finding any bundles with microphones of any version for under $40. Even eBay has been a fail for sealed, new microphones.[/QUOTE]
http://www.amazon.com/SingStar-Country-microphone-Playstation-2/dp/B001CPBLY6/

SingStar Country (for PS2) with two mics, $14.79 w/ FSSS. I think there are some other PS2 bundles you can get for cheap too. I'm using my old PS2 mics with the PS3 SingStar because as far as I can tell they are the exact same product, no updates for the PS3 version at all. That's why I was asking about wireless ones...

Sweet, thanks OP been looking for one for a bit.

Wondering how the selection of songs is compared to Xbox's Lips store. They haven't updated the Lips store in forever so I'm hoping this store has more current updates.

[quote name='nateeasy29']Are the mics usb? Would they work with a 360?[/QUOTE]
Yes and no. The mics have their own custom dongle and they both plug into the same USB port. IIRC, if you just plug one of the mics into the dongle alone, it will work on a 360 like any other USB microphone, but if you try to plug in the second one, it will not work. It's been a while since I've messed with it though so someone please correct me if that's wrong.

If you're playing on a 360 though you should really be using the wireless Lips mics, they are pure class.

Not really, the mics have an RCA type plug that fits into an adapter that has a USB connection. I'm pretty sure the adapter makes it incompatible with non-PS2/3 devices.

I could try when I get home just to be sure though.

Double post to give a bump, I tested the Singstar mics on the 360 with:

Def Jam Rapstar
Rock Band 3
Guitar Hero 5
Lips: Number One Hits

The singstar mics were not recognized by any of the games. I tried just using a single mic in first the blue side and then the red side and bupkis. So I think you should avoid getting them if using them in the 360 was your primary goal. Cheers.

I remember getting this bundle a month ago at TRU for buy one get one for 1 dollar. So 20.99 for both bundles. This deals still decent. The mics were tested with def jam rapstar on ps3 and it works :)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']you sure? Its marked $38.99 online[/QUOTE]

I'm sure because I bought this exact bundle the same day I bought the Killzone 3 Helghast edition for ~$28. If you see it in store, just ask someone to PC it for you.

Thanks OP, got one.

BTW, does Sony ever run sales on Singstar Songs/ or Singstar packs? I'm seeing a lot of songs I'd like and I'm going to be broke if I get everything.

I will say their selections of songs are better than Lips and it looks a bit more updated too. Love that you can use your PS2 Singstar discs on any PS3 and importing of all region Blu-ray Singstar discs adds even more to your catalog.

They don't work on any other game on PS3 I have tried so my guess it won't work at all for any game on 360.

[quote name='destro4eva']Wondering how the selection of songs is compared to Xbox's Lips store. They haven't updated the Lips store in forever so I'm hoping this store has more current updates. [/quote]
It is about the same support in US (EU gets more US tracks than the US) at least 3/4 a year ago when I gave up on Singstar. You have more of a chance for songs being added to Rock Band before they make it into either game i.e. Coldplay pack, Billy Joel pack, Gaga pack, Bruno Mars pack, recent Roadrunner Pack, and the list goes on...

Search for Singstar on US Sony Blog website and it is as if the game doesn't exist. EU's website is a different story. I guess they were tired of everyone bitching about getting wireless mics that EU has had for a couple years now.

I wish Microsoft hadn't decided to stop supporting Lips last year. The DLC must have been selling pretty poorly.

Rock Band does seem to be the last man standing in terms of singing games getting a reasonable amount of support, in the US anyway.

[quote name='destro4eva']

Wondering how the selection of songs is compared to Xbox's Lips store. They haven't updated the Lips store in forever so I'm hoping this store has more current updates.[/QUOTE]

They are still adding songs, at LEAST once a month. The last update was 12/14/11, and then they added an Adele song-pack around Christmas-time.

This is where you can see what's going on: http://www.singstar.com/en_US/

bread's done
Back