SingStar - PS3 Game Only for 19.99 shipped @ newegg.com

I looked up the song lists for these SingStar games, and I feel they could've combined the two volumes onto one game, I mean it's a karaoke game, and the song list is pretty small considering...
-Goatman

if you guys have a sears near you, check out the bundle. its cheaper and comes with 2 mics for $9.97. i picked one up yesterday.

[quote name='phear3d']if you guys have a sears near you, check out the bundle. its cheaper and comes with 2 mics for $9.97. i picked one up yesterday.[/quote]

Sweet, gonna check it out today. Thanks.

[quote name='James in VA']Will a RockBand mic for the 360 work on a PS3? Both are USB, right?[/quote]

I tried using a RB Mic for this game and I kept getting a "cannot detect usb converter" message.

As for the people who saw this bundle at Sears.... was it for PS3?

[quote name='Eyecue']I tried using a RB Mic for this game and I kept getting a "cannot detect usb converter" message.

As for the people who saw this bundle at Sears.... was it for PS3?[/quote]

yea it was for the ps3. go over the the sears clerance thread if u wanna check it out for yourself.

Awesome, looks like I'll be checking Sears.

Even if this game had Rock Band mic support, the better deal is apparent. Thanks anyways, op.

The Singstar mics are better mics. Heftier and slimmer.

Plus the game is PS3 Exclusive. Jesus Christ.

PS2 discs work in the PS3 version, by the way. Even if it's a non-BC PS3.

[quote name='deadite76']For those of you looking for the bundle, try TRU. I picked it up for $29.99. Price is good until 12/31.[/quote]

;O!!

I will check it out tomorrow, as my Sears attempts have turned up nill.
Huge thanks if I can locate one!

[edit] just came back, and I grabbed myself one! Could've used the money I spent on gas looking for the one at Sears, but I am satisfied at this price. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored one at Sears. $9.97 as advised.

This thread and subsequent post about Sears could not have come at a better time.

I just bought this game from Target at regular price.

Now I have the whole shebang for $10.

I ordered it online for $60 with in-store pick-up (to guarantee a copy), picked it up, returned it, and rebought it.

I did the same thing with Scene It!.

I wish I could find Singstar Vol. 2 for cheap.

[quote name='Foo228']Awesome, looks like I'll be checking Sears.

Even if this game had Rock Band mic support, the better deal is apparent. Thanks anyways, op.[/quote]

Ended up getting Singstar 80s bundle from my local sears and got singstar ps3 from newegg. Changed my tune, but it was for the better. Thanks op.

[quote name='Foo228']Ended up getting Singstar 80s bundle from my local sears and got singstar ps3 from newegg. Changed my tune, but it was for the better. Thanks op.[/quote]
Why'd you get the 80's bundle from Sears and not the PS3 bundle.

Why didn't you just get both bundles?

You just paid $20 (game only) instead of spending $10 for the same game with mics.

[quote name='Busyman']Why'd you get the 80's bundle from Sears and not the PS3 bundle.

Why didn't you just get both bundles?

You just paid $20 (game only) instead of spending $10 for the same game with mics.[/quote]

lol I would have but there was no ps3 bundle available, thus newegg comes in to play

Checked my local Sears this past weekend for the PS3 bundle of the original SingStar. None to be found in the store, but I printed the barcode for the bundle and scanned it on a price scanner and it was coming up as a clearance item, BUT for $39.99.

To let everyone in this thread know, a benefit to getting SingStar on PS3 is (either this or Volume 1), is that it recently got an update which I blogged about (internet connection required to download patch) where on the music selection screen (on the PS3 SingStar game). You can eject the disc, insert a PS2 disc and it will import the tracks into the PS3 (basically, it looks just like SingStar on PS3, but with the tracks from a PS2 SingStar game). If you swap out the disc for a PS3 disc, the tracks disappear and gets replaced with the PS3 tracks. Downloadable songs stay. This feature will work on ANY PS3 SKU, including the 40GB, new 80GB, and 160GB which don't play PS2 games. All the update does is read the music/video data from the PS2 disc (doesn't even do any kind of emulation).

Those who already have at least one PS2 SingStar game and ANY PS3 SKU, who would like to get into SingStar on PS3, definitely get this IMO.

bread's done
Back