Singularity - Out Now!

n4styn4t3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I'm only about an hour and a half in, but I'm digging it so far. It feels a lot like the first BioShock. Anyone else playing?

I tried it a little bit, the flashbacks reminded me of the little bit of Cryostasis that I've played. I'm liking it.

I was wondering if there was topic up for this. Saw the GiantBomb quicklook and it looks cool.

Sounds like a good game to rent for a weekend, unless I start hearing good things about multiplayer.

To anyone that's played it.
The part where you're swimming through the pipe and turn the corner and there's a floating dead body staring you in the face made me jump like a motherfucker. Haha.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']To anyone that's played it.
The part where you're swimming through the pipe and turn the corner and there's a floating dead body staring you in the face made me jump like a motherfucker. Haha.
[/QUOTE]

There was a scarier point earlier in the game where
when you interact with a camera the flash goes off and blinds you while a zek attacks you. When you go back and look at the camera there is a picture of you covering your face with a zek jumping at you from behind.

Mine is in the mail so hopefully I'll get to start it soon. I am glad of my purchase after hearing a lot of people like it. Pretty good reviews too so I'm really excited.

I played and beat the game in a day, but the only real complaints I have are that the game is way too short and that it felt the game needed some more bosses for grandeur.

Singularity is pretty fun although looking at the achievements I am annoyed at so many multi-player ones. I guess they seem necessary to put them in so people play it, but I am just not much interested in that sort of thing.

[quote name='Kezmer']Singularity is pretty fun although looking at the achievements I am annoyed at so many multi-player ones. I guess they seem necessary to put them in so people play it, but I am just not much interested in that sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

Most of the multiplayer ones are pretty simple and quick to get. Other than the "play 100 games" achievement that is. But the multiplayer is actually pretty funny; it's kind of a mix between Left 4 Dead and Battlefield Bad Company.

don't really know how far I am into it but man there was a part where I was out of ammo for about an hour in a sewer. kept having to let me TMD recharge and kill enemies.

There are some very frustrating parts I think in this game. I think I will get to a point where I get pissed off and put it away lol

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I'm only about an hour and a half in, but I'm digging it so far. It feels a lot like the first BioShock. Anyone else playing?[/QUOTE]

I love the way you build up your character in the bioshock series. And upon reading several reviews this is a game I think I'll really like.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Just finished the game. Really enjoyed it. Also, whoever made this game fucking rules for the following reasons:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...601257784435_201401951_34943714_4359463_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...601257714575_201401951_34943712_6213128_n.jpg[/QUOTE]

With a sense of humor like this, how can you not like the game.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Most of the multiplayer ones are pretty simple and quick to get. Other than the "play 100 games" achievement that is. But the multiplayer is actually pretty funny; it's kind of a mix between Left 4 Dead and Battlefield Bad Company.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the multiplayer is a lot of fun. It won't be something I play constantly, but it's fun while the game is still semi hot.

Achievements are real easy to get too... the kills come very fast.

I take back what I said about the multiplayer... this thing is a mess. I'll list all the problems I've had with it, starting with the boosting problem.

You usually get kicked for idling, unless you are the host... so in order to get their 25 wins and 100 matches achievements, people will keep joining until they get host, and then just idle. They won't even join the actual game, but the game considers them as part of a team... one host was away for 3 hours when I checked his gamer card.

It makes the teams uneven, almost ALWAYS 6 vs 5... and it's 9 times out of 10 that team who is missing the extra man ends up losing. This, coupled with the problems I've listed below, have pretty much rendered this game to be a game you'll play online just for the easier achievements and move on.

In addition to that, the other problems include the lag, the glitches, the SEVERE lack of maps (there are THREE maps for MP... that's it... dead serious), the leveling system that is there for no reason (seriously, what the hell is it for?), the extremely unbalanced classes (Revert + Proximity Mine = instant kill, always. No exceptions), and Raven has messed up another MP that could have been somewhat decent. Initially, the MP is great, but man do the cracks start to show after a few hours. It's a shame, it's pretty unique and I love the class based system even if it is unbalanced.

Three maps... seriously? Why even bother making a multiplayer mode? To sell us more maps later? Raven and Activision completely over estimated the MP in this game because nobody is going to care.

I hate to completely flip flop on what I said previously, but I can't believe it's got three maps and this many problems... my first post was only after playing it for about 30 minutes, and I still hadn't seen any of these problems. I haven't played the single player yet but I'm glad I got this for $25 and not the full $60.

It's super late, so if anyone wants me to go into more detail tomorrow, I'll be glad to. I just really hope the single player is as awesome as everyone says.

[quote name='Rooster752']How is the difficulty on this game for non-competitive shooter fans? I had to turn metro down to easy...[/QUOTE]

It's much easier than Metro.

Single player is definitely where it's at... I'm about halfway through now and it's quite the awesome game. It's a shame it's not getting the credit it deserves in its single player aspect.

Currently playing single player - has anybody else had this game freeze up on them? I've had it freeze up on me at least 4 times while playing - the disc looks fine, I have a fan on my xbox so it's not overheating, and once I restart it plays ok. Just curious if anyone else encountered this...

Old thread, but I felt like throwing in my two cents.

I rented this from GameFly, because I was mostly interested in the single-player campaign. I enjoyed it greatly. I think they could have done a better job on the story telling, but the gameplay is good. The shooting is tight, the time manipulation mechanics are fun, and they break everything up with some simple puzzles. All-in-all, a solid campaign. Reminded a lot of BioShock, and that's a good thing.

I was looking at the MP achievements and figured I'd try to get some, considering they are mostly quite easy and quick. I was gonna send this back in order to get Dead Rising 2, so I had a few days to kill. And I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised. It has a TF2 feel to it.

The one thing that really annoyed me, though, was the "good" ending. It doesn't really make much sense how things turned out that way.

Like BigDaddy, I know I'm bumping an old thread but I just finished this game up and thought it was really good. Yeah there are similarities to other games, but the story was fun and the combat was real enjoyable. Really enjoyed running into fights and having the full repertoire of weapons and particularly enjoyed The Seeker and Dead Lock. So pick it up cheap or trade like I did and find some time to enjoy a quality game if you are the least bit interested.

Also, I think it would have been really good to have these guys and Metro 2033 work together to take the awesome look of Metro 2033 and the enjoyable Singularity combat. That would have made a real nice game IMO.

bread's done
Back