Sins of a Solar Empire $19.99 on BestBuy.com

espionage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Not an advertised sale on the weekly ads, but I found it on the website today. This might be a sale through BestBuy.com only, but if you do in-store pickup the $19.99 sale price will be honored when you pick it up instore. (I think there was some controversy a while back about prices sometimes differing instore versus online for Best Buy.)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...solar&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1199494465978

Target had it on sale for $20 and was covered in a separate thread a little while back, but figured I'd create a new one since that deal is over.

[quote name='flix1']It's been this price at Target and Walmart for weeks.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Target deal ended. Is it still $20 there?

[quote name='keithp']I thought the Target deal ended. Is it still $20 there?[/quote]
It is possible that it ended. Since I had already picked it up there, had not checked again.

Bestbuy is lagging on their deals, they need to compete vigorously.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='gamernut']Bestbuy is lagging on their deals, they need to compete vigorously.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]Compete with whom? With Circuit City out of business, BB will only RAISE their prices.

[quote name='ajdude101']Compete with whom? With Circuit City out of business, BB will only RAISE their prices.[/quote]

Nah I doubt that. With people keeping their cash in their pockets, bank accounts, etc. I think they will stay just were they are. It would be a bad time to raise.

Also, tbh Circuit City these past few years haven't really been much competition. Occasional deal here and there but nothing mind blowing.

Might finally pick this up, though I think you have to install Impulse to get the latest patches for it which is pretty irritating.

[quote name='gamernut']Bestbuy is lagging on their deals, they need to compete vigorously.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

Best Buy is competing, just not for average customers. They would rather cater to Reward Zone Silver members more than anything. Start seeing more and more RZ-Silver only deals in the future.

Thanks OP. I have some Best Buy gift cards to blow.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']Might finally pick this up, though I think you have to install Impulse to get the latest patches for it which is pretty irritating.[/quote]

Impulse has a better setup than Steam, IMHO. You only need to run Impulse to check for updates; offline mode is default.

I bought SupCom through Impulse in December and haven't opened the client since.

sins is great game and Impulse is a great service. they're going to be doing a lot of awesome things with it that's going to make it a great competitor (in my case a great addition) to steam. look for the phase previews at impulsedriven.com

Oh yeah. It's just a fairly mild inconvenience compared to a lot of the crusty DRM nowadays, and not that big of a reason to avoid buying a game. Just not so wild about having more game clients like that.

Nice. Next time I'm out I'll pick this up and return the one I got from Target. Man, those RZ points sure keep me loyal to BBY.

Personally, me and my friend regretted our $20 Sins purchase, though that might be because we were looking for something more like Civilization... we were playing the Dawn of War 2 beta at the time, and so we would have preferred DoW2 if we wanted RTS action (though DOW2 is more tactics than strategy), and Civ 4 if we wanted Civ-style action.

Almost everyone had Sins as either their game of the year, or one of the games of the year . (I think IGN it was game of the year, and probably strategy game from PC Gamer? Tome Raider Underworld was their GotY, I think, and I know Maximum PC gave it strategy type game of the year award too).

I've been hearing about it all year from their podcasts. And you actually own it-no activation.

bread's done
Back