Siren Blood Curse Price Drop - $29.99 on PS Store & Home promotions/contest

morphineseason

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
The full version of Siren: Blood Curse is $29.99 on the U.S. Playstation Store (maybe on other region stores as well). Chapter packs are down to $10.99.

Anyone that's open to grabbing out of region disc games might want to grab the PAL or Asian version instead as they are both slightly more uncensored compared to the U.S. release. Also, the PAL version has a bonus making-of featurette.

Here's a link to the thread for deals on disc-based versions of the game:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220410

Also, Game Deal Daily has the PAL game for $29.95 + $4.99 shipping:
http://gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1210

Edit: According to Joystiq, this is actually a price drop, not a sale. There's also some cross-promotion being added into Home, which will feature a Siren minigame:

...a brand new Space for Siren: Blood Curse will be available for American audiences. There are a few minigames for users to partake in, like the five-player cooperative "Ward of Despair" that tasks players with completing objectives without a Shibito grabbing any of them. Success will grant each five-man team some Home rewards.

And also a Siren-related contest where you can win the first four episodes of Siren Blood Curse:

Those of you who don't have the game yet will want to jump on Home next week, on May 12th at 4PM, to participate in the "HorrorBowl" bowling tournament. Everyone that shows up will be given a chance to win a free voucher for the first four episodes of the PSN-exclusive horror game.

Source: http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/siren-blood-curse-gets-price-drop-home-space-this-week/

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of want to get this game but still a little hesitant....

Mario23air, where did you get the Asian version for $25?

[quote name='monkeydoodle']I kind of want to get this game but still a little hesitant....

Mario23air, where did you get the Asian version for $25?[/QUOTE]

Probably play-asia. They've put it on sale a couple times. The PAL version is kind of the definitive version though as it is the only one with the behind the scenes stuff. Just make sure you have an HDTV because the PAL version does not play on a standard def TV due to the signal standards.

It's kind of funny that I know all of this when I don't even own the game. I'm hesitant as well, but I really want to pull the trigger on it eventually. I think $25 or under would be a sweet spot. I almost bit on the $25 deal at gamedealdaily until I realized it was $5 extra for shipping.

[quote name='morphineseason']Probably play-asia. They've put it on sale a couple times. The PAL version is kind of the definitive version though as it is the only one with the behind the scenes stuff. Just make sure you have an HDTV because the PAL version does not play on a standard def TV due to the signal standards.

It's kind of funny that I know all of this when I don't even own the game. I'm hesitant as well, but I really want to pull the trigger on it eventually. I think $25 or under would be a sweet spot. I almost bit on the $25 deal at gamedealdaily until I realized it was $5 extra for shipping.[/quote]

Cool thanks for the info morphine! I'll wait to see if there's a deal on the Asia version then, too bad it's going for $50 at Play-Asia right now.

[quote name='sbains']Does Siren support trophies?[/QUOTE]

A quick google search points to no. The search also pointed me to this article on Joystiq that says this "sale" is actually a price drop. There's also some new Siren mini-game type space being added to Home. If you log in to Home on May 12 at 4:00pm to participate in a bowling tournament, you'll be entered to win the first four episodes of Siren.

Not sure why there's this cross promotion with Siren all of a sudden, but anything that's being done to improve Home and possibly get me free stuff I'm all for.

Source: http://playstation.joystiq.com/2009/05/06/siren-blood-curse-gets-price-drop-home-space-this-week/

bread's done
Back