Siren: Blood Curse UK BRD Version - $27.50 SHIPPED

ferant316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I know myself, and from looking at a previous thread on the game, many others were waiting for this game on disc. Found a site offering it for $2.50 cheaper than it's ever been on PSN: http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Sony-PS3--Playstation-3--Games/Sony/Siren-Blood-Curse---BDR-%28Sony-PS3%29

Like all PS3 games it is not region-locked and will play on any system. Also, it is uncensored unlike the version available on PSN, and includes a Making of Documentary exclusive to the UK version. The site also accepts Paypal for those concerned with security.

EDIT: Also in stock at http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Siren-Blood-Curse-BDR-PS3/SY61952/product.htm for roughly the same price. Thanks to Green Card200 and hwong for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up. The game is fun to play but a bit short. But the story is really stupid imo. I was disappointed when it was done with. Just something to think about for those of you thinking about buying it.

I got the asian version from play asia and I havn't regretted it at all. Plus its just cool to have the disc when no one else really does :).

Just like my silver ps3 controller.

[quote name='sotc1988']The US downloadable version was the only one that was censored. I think I'll be getting this one as well.[/quote]

Thank you, was not aware any of them were censored. Will update the OP to include that and other info now.

[quote name='ferant316']I know myself, and from looking at a previous thread on the game, many others were waiting for this game on disc. Found a site offering it for $2.50 cheaper than it's ever been on PSN: http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Sony-PS3--Playstation-3--Games/Sony/Siren-Blood-Curse---BDR-%28Sony-PS3%29

Like all PS3 games it is not region-locked and will play on any system. Also, it is uncensored unlike the version available on PSN, and includes a Making of Documentary exclusive to the UK version. The site also accepts Paypal for those concerned with security.[/QUOTE]

Have you actually received your copy from this seller? The site looks fairly legit, but I have never heard of them before, so I would want confirmation that people had actually received the game in factory sealed condition before ordering.

[quote name='ferant316']Yep, all PS3 games are region free. And the company accepts Paypal which made me feel more comfortable.
iy.gif
[/quote]
Thanks for the info on ps3 games being region free, the company accepting paypal is also good thing.

It wasn't really overly censored but they did cut out scenes of violence and cover up others with weird filters. Check the game's wikipedia page for more info.

[quote name='sotc1988']It wasn't really overly censored but they did cut out scenes of violence and cover up others with weird filters. Check the game's wikipedia page for more info.[/QUOTE]

Just read it, even though it's not too much, censorship is still censorship and I don't support it one bit. :shame:

PAL version is it!

I just checked various reseller ratings for this site and they have a lot of complaints related to not having a customer service contact phone number or e-mail, never confirming orders and not shipping or notifying purchasers if something is out of stock. Considering this can be had for around the same price from other on-line retailers and Ebay sellers, I think I will pass.

Received my copy of Siren from MyMemory today in good condition (sealed in original cellophane and without a cracked Blu-Ray case). It shipped from St Helier on Jersey on 4/7/2009 and arrived 4/15/2009 in D.C. Not bad for free shipping. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, ferant316 - $27.50 is at least $5 bucks cheaper than the lowest price for this game on Ebay.

[quote name='luxarific']Received my copy of Siren from MyMemory today in good condition (sealed in original cellophane and without a cracked Blu-Ray case). It shipped from St Helier on Jersey on 4/7/2009 and arrived 4/15/2009 in D.C. Not bad for free shipping. Thanks for the heads up on this deal, ferant316 - $27.50 is at least $5 bucks cheaper than the lowest price for this game on Ebay.[/quote]

Awesome, good to hear. Hope that means mine comes in the next couple days.

I'm in the US and got my disc from Play-Asia. It has Jap instructions but there is an English quick-play insert.

[quote name='morphineseason']So this is ultimately the same version as the Asian version (in other words it's just as uncensored as that version)?[/quote]

Game wise, yes. It also includes a Making of Documentary, and full English packaging.

[quote name='ferant316']Got mine today, it's a floater but I've bought games from Best Buy, Target and Amazon that were floaters as well.[/QUOTE]

You mean the disc is loose in the case?

[quote name='bojay1997']You mean the disc is loose in the case?[/quote]

Yea, dunno why but it's bad this generation. Out of probably 500-1,000 games in the last 2 gens I had maybe 10 games I bought new that were floaters, so far this gen I have had MGS4:LE, Folklore, FEAR, Dead Space, and now Siren on Playstation 3 and Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2, Halo 3: CE, Infinite Undiscovery all loose discs just so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Green Card200']It is here too with a similar price. £17.83 shipped = ~$26.25 shipped
This is where I got my copy.
http://www.dvd.co.uk/Games/Siren-Blood-Curse-BDR-PS3/SY61952/product.htm[/QUOTE]

This is great! Thanks! I've been wanting this game and didn't want to download it to my hard drive (I like owning the disc so my friends can borrow it AND it doesn't take up space on my hard drive).

I threw Singstar Pop Party Edition for PS3 in there as well, since it was only £18.99 shipped, which is awesome for a game that isn't even announced in the US yet (and fully compatible with the US PS3 Singstars)!

[quote name='hwong3']This is great! Thanks! I've been wanting this game and didn't want to download it to my hard drive (I like owning the disc so my friends can borrow it AND it doesn't take up space on my hard drive).

I threw Singstar Pop Party Edition for PS3 in there as well, since it was only £18.99 shipped, which is awesome for a game that isn't even announced in the US yet (and fully compatible with the US PS3 Singstars)![/quote]

What was the shipping on Siren? I'll add it to the OP so people have a more known site to order from if they choose.

[quote name='ferant316']What was the shipping on Siren? I'll add it to the OP so people have a more known site to order from if they choose.[/QUOTE]

It was a measly £1.00 shipping per item. Awesome! So that's £16.83 + £1.00 shipping total for Siren.

[quote name='ferant316']Yea, dunno why but it's bad this generation. Out of probably 500-1,000 games in the last 2 gens I had maybe 10 games I bought new that were floaters, so far this gen I have had MGS4:LE, Folklore, FEAR, Dead Space, and now Siren on Playstation 3 and Tomb Raider Underworld, Far Cry 2, Halo 3: CE, Infinite Undiscovery all loose discs just so far.[/quote]

Shouldn't you be able to tell if it's a floater without opening it first just by shaking it a bit? If so, you should be able to return it, but might have to pay shipping.. If you've already opened it, at least it's a bluray disc and not a DVD/CD, bluray have great scratch protection.

Ordered. Let's hope this works out, I missed out on last Summer's expanses of episodic horror gaming due to not wanting to put out the cost, but this charge is much more reasonable.

[quote name='hwong3']It was a measly £1.00 shipping per item. Awesome! So that's £16.83 + £1.00 shipping total for Siren.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the info. I saw that back in March but they were out of stock, hopefully it stays in this time.

[quote name='sunghost']Shouldn't you be able to tell if it's a floater without opening it first just by shaking it a bit? If so, you should be able to return it, but might have to pay shipping.. If you've already opened it, at least it's a bluray disc and not a DVD/CD, bluray have great scratch protection.[/quote]

Yea, blurays I don't really worry about. Some of the 360 ones I've been worried about, exchanged TR:U for a none floater but that was a pain (only one left was $41.98 at target I paid $14.98 they wanted me to pay the difference) and Halo 3 was fine. Infinite and Far Cry 2 may be a problem, Infinite Undiscovery was VERY cheap on eBay, if it's scratched I'll deal with it. Far Cry 2 I may take back to swap with any of the other 30 on clearance, though the first 5 all were and I was being rushed by the girl.

I know it's dumb to bump this topic but I just got mine today after about a week of waiting. I live in California so from the UK, that's pretty fast.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Just a heads up. The game is fun to play but a bit short. But the story is really stupid imo. I was disappointed when it was done with. Just something to think about for those of you thinking about buying it.[/quote]
When you find out you can bash Shibito in the head 3 times with anything you have then just run for it + repeat if necessary, it not only becomes NOT fun but also boring as shit & completely scare-free.

Ordered on the 19th, got the game today. Haven't opened it yet, but doesn't sound like a floater or anything.

Aside from no tracking number, can't really argue with the service.

Hi just want to know if the extra content can be played on the US PS3, I know the game is region free but the BDMV which is the extra content of the disc is most likely UK locked.

Can anyone confirm this?

If you are referring to the documentary, then no it is not region locked. Nor is anything else on the disc as far as I can tell from completing the game and collecting every single thing.

Anyone else get this crap from MyMemory?

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your order with us.

Due to increased security for online orders, we ask for proof of address to be sent to us before we can dispatch your order.

This is a standard request on high value or first time international orders, to protect us and our customers from fraud.

Please forward a copy of your bank statement or a utility bill by email to [email protected] or alternatively by fax to +44 8700 941039.

Unfortunately we require this information within 7 days of request, after that time the order will be automatically cancelled and a full refund issued.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Best Regards
Helen Durkin

I paid with Paypal. There is no way they are getting me to send either item to them. I told them so in an e-mail. I also said feel free to refund the money and they will be losing a customer at the same time.

[quote name='shoe478']Anyone else get this crap from MyMemory?

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your order with us.

Due to increased security for online orders, we ask for proof of address to be sent to us before we can dispatch your order.

This is a standard request on high value or first time international orders, to protect us and our customers from fraud.

Please forward a copy of your bank statement or a utility bill by email to [email protected] or alternatively by fax to +44 8700 941039.

Unfortunately we require this information within 7 days of request, after that time the order will be automatically cancelled and a full refund issued.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Best Regards
Helen Durkin

I paid with Paypal. There is no way they are getting me to send either item to them. I told them so in an e-mail. I also said feel free to refund the money and they will be losing a customer at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Those are big time fraud red flags. If they need to confirm your address with Paypal, all they have to do is click on the transaction detail and your address will be there. Similarly if you pay via credit card, all they need to do is call their credit card processor and they can confirm details like your zip code and phone number.

I got my copy earlier this week. It was from MyMemory. No request to verify my address, but I paid by credit card. That email does look quite shaddy, but that email address is theirs.

bread's done
Back