Six Feet Under and Carnivale Seasons 19.99 at Best Buy

Carnivale is one of my favorite shows ever. It was only on for 2 seasons, but the main storyline wraps up nicely at the end of season 2. Great characters, very well written, and unedited straight from HBO. Highly Recommended if you like watching sideshow freaks, demonic possession, religious blasphemy, occult horror, etc. At $20 a season, it's a steal.

Thanks for the post... my wife has been dreaming of owning the complete 6Ft Under Set.... this will do nicely at only $100!

Great deals on two great series. FYE pays $32 for Season 2 of Carnivale, with the 12% off coupon its almost a double gain.

I have never seen Six Feet Under, but I love Peter Krause. The complete set for $100 isn't bad. How many episodes are there?

[quote name='tomwaits1']Carnivale is one of my favorite shows ever. It was only on for 2 seasons, but the main storyline wraps up nicely at the end of season 2. Great characters, very well written, and unedited straight from HBO. Highly Recommended if you like watching sideshow freaks, demonic possession, religious blasphemy, occult horror, etc. At $20 a season, it's a steal.[/QUOTE]

Great Series, and great price.

I can't believe you say the the main storyline wraps up nicely. Their is so much left unanswered at the end of season 2. This series was supposed to last 6 seasons, it needs some kind of miniseries, movie, or book to tie loose ends, but I don't think we will ever get any closure for it.

Instead we get shit like "John from Cincinnati". Yes I watched the entire first season of that damn show, I lived the first episode and I kept on thinking the "next episode has to get better" but it never did.

OP you rule!!! I've waiting for a deal on Carnivale since forever. Way too expensive at $50-60, but at $20, beyond perfect. I'm going to find the show and if I must, I'll go and PM it elsewhere.

[quote name='ofacto']Great Series, and great price.

I can't believe you say the the main storyline wraps up nicely. Their is so much left unanswered at the end of season 2. This series was supposed to last 6 seasons, it needs some kind of miniseries, movie, or book to tie loose ends, but I don't think we will ever get any closure for it.

Instead we get shit like "John from Cincinnati". Yes I watched the entire first season of that damn show, I lived the first episode and I kept on thinking the "next episode has to get better" but it never did.[/QUOTE]

There were some unresolved questions at the end of season 2, but the whole Ben vs Justin storyline is concluded. Also, the lineage issues were revealed, the flashbacks were explained somewhat, no major loose ends or drastic cliffhanger. Sophie's future was a mystery that would have led into the next season, but that subplot only started to ramp up near the end of season 2 anyway.

I'd definitely like to see it come back, in any form, but there's no major mystery or cliffhanger that left me wondering at the end of the series.

I like shows like The Shield, Dexter, Deadwood. Think I'll like Carnivale? It sounds interesting.

Wow. Considering HBO shows normally run around $70 per season, this is incredible.

Six Feet Under has perhaps the best series finale in TV history. Definately tempted to at least grab the first and last season.

[quote name='TC']I like shows like The Shield, Dexter, Deadwood. Think I'll like Carnivale? It sounds interesting.[/quote]

YES. You'll love it, especially if you enjoyed Deadwood. Two different programs, but very much the same. Same great writing, production values, acting, and I think they share the same musicians for their opening themes. Very macabre.

These are definetely a great deal. I would love to own Carnivale. Have the Six Feet Under collection. Anyone know of any coupons for BB...damn I am a cheap ass!

Thanks OP! I've been waiting for 6 Feet Under dvds to go on sale...and Carnivale was a great series!

I also noticed that seasons 1-6 of Oz are also on sale at Best Buy for $19.99...maybe part of the same sale?

I got Seasons 1 & 2 of Carnivale yesterday, but I can't open them because they're technically "Christmas presents." Can't wait to watch them for the first time.

Best. Post. Ever.

Got my carnivale seasons 1 and 2 I also got seasons 1 and 2 of Six Feet Under.

Wonder how long this sale will last? I want to get the other 3 seasons of SFU.

Aww man. I just spent my entertainment budget for the month on Absolute Sandman Volume 2 but this is too good to pass up. Going tonight for Carnivale.

[quote name='jaso']YES. You'll love it, especially if you enjoyed Deadwood. Two different programs, but very much the same. Same great writing, production values, acting, and I think they share the same musicians for their opening themes. Very macabre.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Just got my instore pickup order confirmed. Didn't want to get there and find out they were gone.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Damn, Carnivale is gone... totally sold out can't even add it to my cart.[/QUOTE]
try instore pickup

[quote name='Garon']
Wonder how long this sale will last? I want to get the other 3 seasons of SFU.[/quote]

when I got a price check on Monday, the puter said it goes till the 21st.

[quote name='fart_bubble']when I got a price check on Monday, the puter said it goes till the 21st.[/QUOTE]

I hope so.

I'm thinking about picking up the first 3 seasons of SFU for $60. I really want to get the entire series but $100 in one day is a little silly for me. I'll be happier if I can pick up some today and some later this month.

I managed to get just Season 2 as Season 1 was sold out. Going to go to another BB tomorrow for S1 since they have a lot more than this store had.

I also picked up Flight of the Conchords S1. I was planning on picking it up as soon as it was on DVD, but this was sort of came out of left field for me since I hadn't espected it to be out already.

By the way, how's Six Feet Under for the uninitiated? What's it about?

[quote name='jazzyjas7']Thanks OP! I've been waiting for 6 Feet Under dvds to go on sale...and Carnivale was a great series!

I also noticed that seasons 1-6 of Oz are also on sale at Best Buy for $19.99...maybe part of the same sale?[/quote]

I thought Oz had been on sale for quite some time? Well, I know that my Walmart has had them for $20 for awhile.

Anyway, does anyone know if this HBO sale/deal extends to any other series like Deadwood, Rome, etc.?

Picked up both seasons of Carnivale earlier today. Never would have known about this price if I hadn't seen it here.

Oh, and I've seen Carnivale before but I had to own one of the best TV shows of all time. It's a steal at this price.

It was back on the site today and I ordered to have shipped at home since it's not available at my local stores. Thanks OP!

So is there any confirmation to when this sale ends?

Fart_Bubble mentioned that it was on until 11/21, but I just wanted to double check.

I caved in and bought SFU Seasons 1-3 today so I was hoping I could get the rest at a later date.

Bought S1 of Carnivale, and I'll probably go get S2 sometime later this week. I'm still considering getting SFU, but I'd really prefer to get the complete series collection over the individual sets. If that was on sale for the same price I definitely would have jumped on it.

I bought the first season of OZ at Wal-Mart for $15 about a year ago, but I haven't seen the other seasons going for any cheaper than like $30. $20 is a good price though, so I may try to pick up some more seasons.

I really want SFU, but I want the complete collection as well. One of the few boxes that actually seems like it is worth getting over individuals. Comes with two soundtracks as well, if I recall correctly. But I haven't seen Carnivale, so I'll pick it up.

I got Carnivale S1 today. I'm so happy and I'll probably start watching it tonight/tomorrow. I got the last one in decent shape. The rest were smashed and torn on the edges.

Anybody care to give a gloss over of what SFU is about?

My BB doesn't have S1 of Carnivale, but I'm interested in the series. I haven't watched any of it.

Would anyone mind giving me some information on it? For example, maybe some things it can be compared to, and if I enjoyed those, then I might like this?

The idea of a supernatural Old West is very appealing to me, but if I could get some feedback in here, I'll know whether or not to go ahead and order it, and pay the stupid shipping.

bread's done
Back