Six Feet Under: The Complete Series- $62.99 at Amazon

mpaullin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
155 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Six-Feet-Unde...qid=1355240469&sr=8-1&keywords=six+feet+under

Was browsing around for HBO sets on Amazon and came across this. Seems to be pretty cheap considering Best Buy has it on sale this week for double that price.

I'm debating picking it up, but haven't seen the show before. I watched the pilot on HBO Go last night to get a feel for it. It seemed interesting, but seemed like it could be kind of pretentious. Any thoughts? I've really enjoyed a lot of HBO's series (The Sopranos, The Wire, Deadwood), so was thinking of picking it up anyway.

It's pretty good, rather depressing at times as in later seasons they kinda try and top themselves in hardship for the main characters. I rented the whole series over netflix as I didn't figure I would ever watch it again.

Looking at camel camel camel it was around $55 on Nov 22nd.

I would just rent it. The first 2 seasons and the 2nd half of the final season are good, the rest isnt. The show doesnt have very good replay value IMO.

Yeah, I agree. It's a good show but not necessarily something you'd want to go back to a lot. Few shows love to punish their characters as much as this one did.

Also at this point it's kind of hard to think of Michael Hall and Rainn Wilson as anything other than their Dexter and Office characters. :lol:

I think it had the best final episode of any series though. Very well done. I've rewatched that a few times

I liked the series overall, but as said above me, the last two seasons felt like they were trying too hard. You can only string morose out so far...

[quote name='shadowkast']I think it had the best final episode of any series though. Very well done. I've rewatched that a few times[/QUOTE]

I agree, very good show.

The show's first two seasons felt like a completely different show than the later seasons, but it's all really good. There area few really really bad / stupid episodes and silly plot pots in season4 I think it was, but the final season and the first couple/few were really really good.

bread's done
Back