Sixaxis $38.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='cereal_killerxx']Actually check again! It's now $36.99!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Surprised to see it drop twice in one day. Cool, though. I think Sony had a permanent price cut on the price of PS2 controllers by E3 of 2003. I wonder if the PS3 will follow that pricing parabola.

would be nice. are there other improvements w/ the DS3 besides rumble feature? Like are the sticks better, triggers anything? Not saying anything is wrong w/ the sixaxis, just wondering if anything has been improved upon.

[quote name='aznguyen316']would be nice. are there other improvements w/ the DS3 besides rumble feature? Like are the sticks better, triggers anything? Not saying anything is wrong w/ the sixaxis, just wondering if anything has been improved upon.[/quote]

nothing else is different except its heavier and the see through black is now not see through.

[quote name='Unickuta']These will be dropping fast soon, and I want a DS 3 anyways.[/quote]

ya i have 3 sixaxises so i went and preordered the ds3 for $50. for $13 more its worth it. and btw people are bitching about $50, yet wiiners spend $60 for the nunchuck and wiimote together.

[quote name='Chronis']I only have one PS3 controller and I don't care about rumble.... Looks like I'll be getting one![/QUOTE]

same here. thanks op...

I'd recommend holding you. These will be dirt cheap once the DS3 hits, and if you're willing to stoop to using a used controller I'll bet the eBay prices will bottom out pretty quickly as well ...

[quote name='Chitown021']I would've jumped on it if I hadn't bought a couple at $20 during the Black Friday sale.[/quote]

Same. Getting my extra controller on Black Friday for $20 with free shipping was too goo to pass up. I'd keep waiting though, as we'll probably be seeing more sales once their new controller is released.

When's black friday? What is black friday? I thought it was the day after Thanksgiving? Or that day when that giant blimp blew up during the super bowl.

[quote name='Jackalope']When's black friday? What is black friday? I thought it was the day after Thanksgiving? Or that day when that giant blimp blew up during the super bowl.[/quote]

It is the day after Thanksgiving. This past year Amazon had a few game deals that went live at 2:00AM on Black Friday my time (CST). One of those deals was SIXAXIS controllers for $20 shipped. I actually bought 2, flipped one for $40, making my second controller free;)

Depends on what Sony does. If the DualShock 3 slides in at $49.99, then yeah, the Sixaxis will drop in price.

I don't know if I would expect Best Buy to start carrying them for $10 less, though; probably more like $44.99.

As for Amazon, if $43.99 is too much, you might keep an eye on it. It seems like once things start shifting in price, it bounces around a little bit. I've seen things go down ten dollars, back up seven dollars, and then come back down another four or five dollars. I wouldn't be surprised to see this under $40 again in the next few days.

[quote name='SackAttack']Depends on what Sony does. If the DualShock 3 slides in at $49.99, then yeah, the Sixaxis will drop in price.

I don't know if I would expect Best Buy to start carrying them for $10 less, though; probably more like $44.99.

As for Amazon, if $43.99 is too much, you might keep an eye on it. It seems like once things start shifting in price, it bounces around a little bit. I've seen things go down ten dollars, back up seven dollars, and then come back down another four or five dollars. I wouldn't be surprised to see this under $40 again in the next few days.[/quote]

i think that retailers will drop it to $40 and the sixaxis $55. makes sense for the time being.

a few months from now i can see sony stopping production on the sixaxis to make way for the ds3. they did the same thing with the orignal ps1 controller when they introduced the rumble and analog sticks

bread's done
Back