size of the ps3 controller

i think it will be more comfortable than the dual shock. the DS had too small of handles. on this one they are longer, and other than that there isnt much of a difference

[quote name='Tromack']Is it just me or does it look really small now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was just thinking the same thing when I saw that pic. Since the guy is holding it it looked like one of those micro controllers.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Cant see at evil avatar... anyone wanna be nice enough to imageshack it?[/QUOTE]
con19qx.jpg

[quote name='evilmax17']
con19qx.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanx! And that doesnt look THAT small.... First, he's wearing gloves, and also...his thumb is still a bit smaller than the D-pad. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Looks like the perfect size to fit on Batman's utility belt. I think the old batarang looked more functional, though, at least for crime-fighting.

Sweet, I was kind of pessimistic about it but that actually looks really comfortable.

And by the shape of the handles it looks like it won't give me a hand cramp like PS2 and Gamecube controllers.

[quote name='ryanbph']I doesn't look that good...small, and weird shape[/QUOTE]
It looks about the size of a dualshock, with longer handles.

The way he is holding it creates an optical illusion, but compare it to the size of his fingers.

[quote name='Quackzilla']It looks about the size of a dualshock, with longer handles.

The way he is holding it creates an optical illusion, but compare it to the size of his fingers.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did, he's holding it at a 45 degree angle. Look at his thumbs. Then look at the d-pad. there you go.

i wonder does it still have L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons, since havent seen a pic of the controller from other views other than the front.

Not sure how it will feel but I think I like how it looks. Even if you don't like it u can get different types from different brands.

Between this and the rumored $399 retail for the PS3 I've lost a lot of interest. That thing looks really uncomfortable to hold. I mean I've got small hands, and even I think those tiny buttons look annoying.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']i wonder does it still have L1, L2, R1, R2 buttons, since havent seen a pic of the controller from other views other than the front.[/QUOTE]

Yes it still has all four shoulder buttons. It may still be a good controller, but the 360 controller looks to be fantastic (this coming from someone who prefers the Dual Shock 2 to the Controller S).

EDIT: It looks like they are just changing the shape, while the 360 controller now has 2 triggers and 2 shoulder buttons which I prefer to 4 shoulder buttons.

I like it, and as long as it turns out to be a good size I'm fine with it.

IMO I think the Xbox 360 controller is basically the PS2 controller besides the left analog stick and D-pad switching spots, and some extra face buttons that do...stuff and its shaped more like the logitech brand of controller.

[quote name='whoknows']I like it, and as long as it turns out to be a good size I'm fine with it.

IMO I think the Xbox 360 controller is basically the PS2 controller besides the left analog stick and D-pad switching spots, and some extra face buttons that do...stuff[/QUOTE]

The 360 doesn't really have extra face buttons (except the XBOX logo which brings up the launchpad) it now has 4 top buttons (2 triggers and 2 shoulder).

It looks sexy, and it is just the right shape for the female gamers out there to find new ways to have fun with it, especially with the rumble...

[quote name='beerguy961']I'm still annoyed that they haven't moved the analog stick to the upper position (ala Xbox/GC).[/QUOTE]

You mean you dare question the great Kutaragi? He has designed something beautiful for you. You will like it.

Seriously though, I agree with you. I find the PS2 controller to be the most uncomfortable of the three consoles due in part to the position of the primary analog control. As a result, my PS2 has seen the least game time by far. I don't understand why SONY continues with this layout other than the fact they rushed their dual shock to market to compete with the Nintendo 64 and figured that's what people are use to now, so why mess with it.

In addition, I never understood why third parties such as Mad Catz or Logitech don't try to improve upon the first party controllers. I would have loved a Logitech controller for the PS1 / PS2 that places the primary analog control in the upper left position. Also, many people would have loved a GCN controller that used a traditional SNES four button layout as opposed to the bean buttons.

I CAN JUDGE HOW COMFORTABLE A CONTROLLER IS JUST BY LOOKING AT IT!!! I ALSO BELIEVE EVERY RUMOR I HEAR ABOUT PRICING FOR A SYSTEM!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

/sarcasm

[quote name='beerguy961']I'm still annoyed that they haven't moved the analog stick to the upper position (ala Xbox/GC).[/QUOTE]I rather not because games like Katamari Damacy work best with the dual analog sticks the way they are. Also, for games best suited for the D-pad, it's much more comfortable having it in that position compared to where its placed on the Xbox S controller. I noticed I play Guilty Gear X2 better on PS2, compared to Xbox, because of that.

I'm not going to say anything about the PS3 controller until I touch it. The DS2 controller is my favorite controller ever, but I'm okay with a chang3. As of right now, PS3 is the only next gen console I'm excited for. A new Final Fantasy, Tekken 6, Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, etc. That's what I want to see.

bread's done
Back