Skate 2 Demo

Loved the 1st and this seems like more of the same (save for the awkward seemingly tacked on at the last second ability to get off your board and move things, could have done without that).

yeah after playing for a few i can see why youd want more time. takes some getting used to ( since having played tons of tony hawk ) but i like the realism aspect to it. would have liked to see more of the real world you skate in as well. the clothes in the game are cool too .

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Downloading now it's been 2 minutes and its at 55%. Mmm FIOS... Getting 2mb/s[/QUOTE]
2 minutes at 55% would be 8MB/s. I'm on FiOS, and I know mine didn't download that fast.

It's Thursday, downloads for me (even with FiOS) are slower on that day (due to massive traffic).

Anyway, I downloaded the demo and actually enjoyed it (and I wasn't into the first skate really). Not sure if I will get though.

Took forever to download but I feel its better than the first one. The graphics are so much smoother (thanks to blackbox developing it on ps3) and I love the new move list. I don't really have a problem with the "tank" controls when moving items, I was able to set up some pretty sick runs. The only bad thing...TIMER...WTF...ARGGHHGHGHG!!!11!!!111

I can't wait for this to come out next week!

Anyone been able to get over 8 minutes for free skating after doing everything? My best time was 8:45 left...which is not anywhere near enough time to play and build my skating jungle gym. Oh well...next week.

i dont think ill be getting this, skate 1 was ok, but i hate the camera angles they give you sometimes, and skate 2 looks like the same game but now you can walk. so i dont think ill get it, untill it hits the $20 mark or something.

[quote name='pete5883']2 minutes at 55% would be 8MB/s. I'm on FiOS, and I know mine didn't download that fast.[/quote]

Yah you're right... I haven't been in a math class in a while. I realized after I posted, but forgot to edit cause I got distracted by something glowing.

Ya it dl'ed in about 10 minutes. Still pretty fast, my PS3 downloads are a ton faster than 360's, dunno why.

Alright, finished all of the "lessons" with 9 minutes left and spent the entire 9 minutes trying to "break" the demo and get out into the city...didn't work.

Does the bug only work on the 360?

I can confirm that the bug works on the PS3 as well. I've made it out twice and it is a blast (other than the huge black hole in the middle of the level..haha). There is a certain way to get the bug to work, so watch some youtube videos and its pretty easy once you get it. I've never had more than 5 minutes to freeskate though, but it makes the demo 300% more enjoyable.

All my downloads off the PSN takes hours if it's 500 mb or more. I actually like the demo, doubt I will get it though, maybe when it drops to $30 or less. Nice to see EA actually making good and unique games nowadays.

[quote name='blackjaw']I can confirm that the bug works on the PS3 as well. I've made it out twice and it is a blast (other than the huge black hole in the middle of the level..haha). There is a certain way to get the bug to work, so watch some youtube videos and its pretty easy once you get it. I've never had more than 5 minutes to freeskate though, but it makes the demo 300% more enjoyable.[/quote]

Oh man I only got this to work once. I had 9:26 total, and I didn't make it out until about the 5 minute mark.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']Oh man I only got this to work once. I had 9:26 total, and I didn't make it out until about the 5 minute mark.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really fun outside...wish they would've included it in the demo....with no time limit. Oh well...only a few more days.

Demo is cool. Lame time limit, but it's fun watching your guy ragdoll out of control! Needs more gore, I want to see their heads pop off from hitting the metal rails at 40 mph!

*added*
Glitch doesn't work...

Think they fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkNessBear']
*added*
Glitch doesn't work...

Think they fixed it.[/QUOTE]

Glitch still works...just did it this morning. Plus they didn't patch the demo, so no way to fix it.

It takes a special touch to get it right...otherwise you will end up all mangled in the fence. Look up the youtube tutorials and keep trying!

I didn't say their was a patch, I'm saying I just downloaded it so maybe they put a new version on the market place and I heard on the youtube comments that if you downloaded it recently the glitch may not work.

I've tried it for a while... couldn't get it. I'll try again.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I didn't say their was a patch, I'm saying I just downloaded it so maybe they put a new version on the market place and I heard on the youtube comments that if you downloaded it recently the glitch may not work.

I've tried it for a while... couldn't get it. I'll try again.[/QUOTE]

My buddy downloaded it on Sunday and we got the glitch to work for him, so its the same version.

Try this method...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B3o6CwG3kY&feature=related
Look how he angles the small ramp then grabs it. You might have to move around left/right, but try not to move backwards until you see your body get through the fence (when your arm is all funny). That will prevent bone breaks and having to do it again.

i got the glitch to work at least 3 times myself so it works but it is hard to pull off. i dunno if it matter but i use the first of the smallest ramps and sooner or later you will pull it off. theres even a few challenge type things you can do but im not god enough with this games controlls to accomplish anything. i did get my ass kicked by a guy after i tried to grind on a bench they were sitting on and knocked them over.

(Finally got the glitch to work! So hard...)
Haha, the foot controls are terrible... but, I played Skate 1 for a bit and stopped (never wanted to go bacK) but I am havin a lot of fun in Skate 2 (especially out in the no-no zone), may pick it up!

I just wish all games weren't so f'ing expensive.

[quote name='DarkNessBear'](Finally got the glitch to work! So hard...)
Haha, the foot controls are terrible... but, I played Skate 1 for a bit and stopped (never wanted to go bacK) but I am havin a lot of fun in Skate 2 (especially out in the no-no zone), may pick it up!

I just wish all games weren't so f'ing expensive.[/quote]

yeah id get it at 30 but more than that is too much.

I've got easily 100 hours into skate.; I'm so excited for 2 -- I love being able to bail and walk around. I'm not getting the "jerky" movements during controlling that everyone is complaining about?

In either case. +1 for my game collection.

So does this ship today and get in stores tomorrow? I haven't had my call from "Alexa" or whatever at EB saying my preorder would be ready tomorrow.

bread's done
Back