Skate 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Game is out right now!

[quote name='The 7th Number']Where did you get this and what does it give you?[/QUOTE]

From a secret far away place, a land of sugar plums and frogs with funny little hats....

It comes on the tag of the shirt from EB/GS when you reserve the game.

What it gives you, according to the tag, "Retro clothing and gestures for your created skater".

[quote name='markingsmart']From a secret far away place, a land of sugar plums and frogs with funny little hats....

It comes on the tag of the shirt from EB/GS when you reserve the game.

What it gives you, according to the tag, "Retro clothing and gestures for your created skater".[/quote]

nice! I'll be putting that in.

I also decided to get this on 360 and not PS3. The analog sticks on the PS3 feel too loose and awkward on the PS3.

[quote name='Ice Cold']Any new features in Skate 2 vs Skate 1, what changed whats new??[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you could be any lazier. There's a demo on the marketplace, there's features and articles everywhere..

word of caution to PS3 owners: apparently the PS3 version has some framerate issues.

I'll be getting it on 360... genna finally pre-order it today :lol: I'll pay it all off though.

Been playing the demo once every other day. I did the glitch and got out of the skate park on the first try, so I had 7 minutes to goof around. Not sure if it was posted but if you find the "Spot" you can play infinitely, but you can't stray too far or the timer will start back up. Unfortunaly it's a pretty crappy spot. All you can really do is grind on these huge books. Nothing really special.

[quote name='Rodimus']Been playing the demo once every other day. I did the glitch and got out of the skate park on the first try, so I had 7 minutes to goof around. Not sure if it was posted but if you find the "Spot" you can play infinitely, but you can't stray too far or the timer will start back up. Unfortunaly it's a pretty crappy spot. All you can really do is grind on these huge books. Nothing really special.[/quote]

actually I found the spot, and you can't play infinitely. the timer just dosn't show up on screen while you do it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']actually I found the spot, and you can't play infinitely. the timer just dosn't show up on screen while you do it.[/quote]

Really? I guess that explains why after I was goofing around at the spot I only had 1:00 minute left, and I thought I went into it with more. My bad

well, I just paid this off today. looking forward to wed now.

so far the reviews I've read seem oddly off. They mark it down for the career mode but say the laid back approach of the play style is still damn good...

Game Informer gave it a really good score... I was reading the review today, I was surprised since I wasn't overly impressed with the demo... but It's getting fairly good reviews so I might buy this once my 360 comes back, lol.

Alright got my game today from GameStop. Got a nice t-shirt as a bonus plus a code for some cool looking "retro" clothes for my character.

Overall the game is really enjoyable, the customization along with soundtrack have been hugely improved. Somewhat the game still feels like the original some of the new additions to the game didn't really add anything or refreshing. I still despise the game's look and is probably my least favourite part of the game. I am already 2 hours into the game and having a lot of fun.

I would probably give this a 3.75 out 5.

Usually when you read Gamestop's website, it says ships the 21'st but that means it will take a day, so in actuality it releases the 22nd. Then again some get it early.

I just got mine as well as well as the oversized shirt. I'm at college most of the day so I won't be able to play till later today. Looking very much forward to it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I just got mine as well as well as the oversized shirt. I'm at college most of the day so I won't be able to play till later today. Looking very much forward to it.[/quote]

How big is the shirt?

I sure hope my GS gets that bonus stuff in. I'm starting to waver on the game since I also want to pick up Ar Tonelico, and that might push me away.

I'll probably still pick it up though. >_

[quote name='gunm']How big is the shirt?

I sure hope my GS gets that bonus stuff in. I'm starting to waver on the game since I also want to pick up Ar Tonelico, and that might push me away.

I'll probably still pick it up though. >_

cousin works at gamestop and hooked me up with the shirt/codes and that preorder bonus for afro ninja last week. Gonna go pick up the game today after work at fryz for $55. WOOOO~

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's large. I wish it were small, but these free shirts always come in large... shows how overweight eveyone is. sad thing is I'd wear it since its made by etnies.[/quote]
Just shrink it in the dryer.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's large. I wish it were small, but these free shirts always come in large... shows how overweight eveyone is.[/QUOTE]

Or how tall everyone is.

What is the song from the skate 2 tv ad? Also, I am so on the fence about this game...seems great but I just dont know.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's large. I wish it were small, but these free shirts always come in large... shows how overweight eveyone is. sad thing is I'd wear it since its made by etnies.[/quote]

[quote name='Danil ACE']Just shrink it in the dryer.[/quote]

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Or how tall everyone is.[/quote]

Thanks RR. I'm far from tall, nor am I overweight, but I prefer a size up as t-shirts do tend to shrink a bit too much for me.

Got some extra things to trade, so mebbe I'll get both skate2 and AT2 if it's available.

Just uploaded a second clip.. I wanted to do a flip and some chick shopping got in the way.. pain ensued!

This game is way too fun, especially now that they've added style to bails (cannonballs, spread eagles, etc).. If you're on the fence, don't be. Buy it. And keep checking my link, I am going to uploading clips.

Aw, they ran out of pre-order tees! I hate that. :(

I'll try and hit up Customer Service to see if they can send me one or at least that unlock code.

uhh.. what? When you click that link now, it takes you to some other person's clips. Weird

Just go here and type in my gamertag (ScorchX) and my clips will pop up

Bought it today, enjoying it quite a bit. My one major complaint at the moment is the overuse of moving the objects, it feels quite forced. Other than that, a solid game so far. I'm looking forward to playing it some more.

played a ton when I got home late today. love it so far. alot of what the online reviews I've read don't seem valid. I'm mainly talking about being leasurly as well as that the reviewers think that the game keeps telling you you'll be on the cover... it dosn't it states your photos are in the magazine, not on it.

Im still unsure about this...all the reviews are saying the same things...and the demo put me off abit. I loved the first Skate though!

Might just wait until the price comes down...see what deals pop up on here.

How are you guys finding it?

[quote name='xDARKx Knight']
How are you guys finding it?[/QUOTE]

I'm playing on the PS3 and I think its amazing. It is basically Skate 1 with an improved framerate, more tricks, ability to make your own line, more multiplayer options, and (IMO) a better soundtrack. I was a huge fan of Skate 1 and am loving it so far.

...many skinny people wear large, even XL. It just means you're short bud.

Sorry about last night ReRo. I was still trying to figure out how to get some of the online multiplayer games to work. Plus I was so tired I couldn't pull off a 360 Pop-Shuvit even if my life depended on it.

Played through a lot of career yesterday. Danny Way's first challenge is fun but hard. Look out for it.

Is this game glitchy? I looked at the videos page that you can upload your videos to, and half of them seemed to be glitches where people go flying in the air, or trash cans bounce like they have no weight, to ramps poping up when you move it up against something.

[quote name='Rodimus']Sorry about last night ReRo. I was still trying to figure out how to get some of the online multiplayer games to work. Plus I was so tired I couldn't pull off a 360 Pop-Shuvit even if my life depended on it.

Played through a lot of career yesterday. Danny Way's first challenge is fun but hard. Look out for it.[/quote]

that was still cool though. I really like how online is now with the activities instead of competitions.

as for glitchy, it's as glitchy as the first game which isn't bad at all.

[quote name='WordLife565']...many skinny people wear large, even XL. It just means you're short bud.[/quote]

I'm 5'11 :lol: I usually wear small adult sized.

bread's done
Back