Skate 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Game is out right now!

Huh, I just realized last night that you can telport to any challenge on the map. I didn't know that. Although how would I considering they cover so little in the tutorials. Makes things MUCH easier.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Huh, I just realized last night that you can telport to any challenge on the map. I didn't know that. Although how would I considering they cover so little in the tutorials. Makes things MUCH easier.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You must have had some serious time investment just moving around the map.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ And the 9 pages of instruction manual probably didn't help much either. Gotta love EA.[/quote]
Totally... lol

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']:lol: You must have had some serious time investment just moving around the map.[/quote]
A little bit, although since I just started really I would just ride to the nearest icon so I didn't mind too much. Only recently did I start thinking that I wish I could teleport. And viola...

[quote name='orbit18']Does anyone know of any price cuts soon or happening right now for this game? Xbox 360 version :D[/quote]
It will probably be a couple month still. Remember this game just came out at the end of January.

Anyone after free skate challenges? Its the only achievement i have left, and i have been trying to get 149 of them done. Im up to 130, so i only need 19 more. The DLC packs are nice for this achievement, because it adds more, and you dont have to do all 149 that came with the game.

Problem is half of them are challenges where everyone has to complete a move at the same time. Whenever i try these online way too many people join which makes it really hard, or they just give up and skate around making everyone elses attempts pointless. So im looking for another player to complete most of these simutaneous challenges just the two of us.

I also have some gap challenges left to do too. I really hate when 5 out of 6 people complete a gap challenge and then the last guy cant, and doesnt have the decensy to quit and let everyone else complete it. Nah, he has to drag everyone else down with him, and make us fail it.

Anyway, if anyone wants to hit some challenges up with me, just add me. I dont use a mic, but i dont think that will be a problem.

WHAT THE HELL!

I finally managed to get all these damn online freeskate activities done and no achievement. When i go to a custom game and look at each location they are all done. But when i look at my online profile within the game it says 149/150 completed. WTF? Did the DLC somehow screw me over?

UPDATE: I was able to just get it. I had to delete my DLC parks, and play another freeskate activity online. Once i finished that it unlocked. So the DLC packs might be blocking this achievement if you are trying to get this achievement.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='orbit18']Does anyone think the both DLC levels are worth it to purchase?[/quote]

I get obsessed with doing challenges and owning spots so both where worth it for me. But of the two I highly recommend the classic pack. It's got more challenges & achievements than the Fantasy Park so you get more bang for your buck.

yeah the Fantasy Factory is fun, but you get more with the Classic pack. I'm a sucker though, Skate is my favorite game on the 360 so I tend to buy everything for it (except that cheater pack thing).

looking for a buddy to help with freeskate activities, ive completed a bunch, but random scattered ones i still have to finish

Hall meat challenges are kinda hard. I've beat two sections but the last two are kinda hard because they are specific. Also lookin for someone to still help me with free skate challenges.

[quote name='orbit18']Hall meat challenges are kinda hard. I've beat two sections but the last two are kinda hard because they are specific. Also lookin for someone to still help me with free skate challenges.[/quote]

It seems hard, but once you learn the tricks to the system, it's not hard at all but just takes alot of time.

Now i beat those, but now I have trouble hitting peds with judo kicks while going 35 mph

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Only 5 more achievements until I have 1250/1250 :)

Any tips on how to touch the top of the construction pipe?[/quote]

Just keep riding it like a wave, until you think you have enough speed, then go full circle

[quote name='orbit18']Now i beat those, but now I have trouble hitting peds with judo kicks while going 35 mph

Just keep riding it like a wave, until you think you have enough speed, then go full circle[/QUOTE]

I got mine by skitching a car going downhill then letting go towards a ped and force the break in judo. I took many tries though for the aim.

edit: finally got the achievement for hall of meat.

Still looking for someone to do freeskate challenges with, I have about 50 of them so far. I think there are 149 total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looking for someone to do freeskate challenges with, I'm getting closer, but I hate the simultaneous goals. Especially when 8 people want to do them together.

Okay well if you get free time add my GT which is orbit19. I don't think i have too many activities left, is there a way to check the total number?

I bought the Maloof skate park. To be honest its not that great. It has a mega ramp, but its not as great as the ones already in the game. The other part of the park is similar to any other park in the game with rails, picnic tables and such. I guess if you follow real skating and are interested in the real maloof event, then this would be a must buy. But there are only 2 challenges, they are both tournaments and i beat those pretty easy.

The achievements are easy to get except one, which is secret. The only one im missing is to grind the left crane of the mega ramp. Its a bitch to even get a grind going on it, then you have to land it. Ive only been able to grind it once in like 100 tries. The other secret achievement is to land on top of a tent which is on top of the half pipe.

So overall, i think you should pass on it unless you really love skate. The freeskate challenges online are alright, a couple were a little tough.

Yeah the problem was i was trying to grind on the crane left of the mega ramp, so i wasnt even trying to grind the right crane at first. But i saw a youtube video of how to do it and it still took me a long time to get it. My guy would always fall when i hit the crane. But i did finally get it.

Pitch the tent is the same way i got it. I did that in one try.

I got full 1500/1500 gamerscore on skate 2

Also got this & like The 7th Number said, if you're a casual Skate player then it's a pass. The main feature of the park is the Mini Mega Ramp but it's overshadowed compared to the games other giant ramps. There's only two challenges in which each one nets you 100 Nerd Points. I finished them in under 10 minutes. However I didn't get the two Secret Achievements yet.

I was very disapointed in this DLC and the only 2 reasons why someone might want to get this is:

1. You love Skate 2 and want everything to do with it
2. Super easy Achievements Points

yeah, it's a little light in objects to skate, except that one angled ledge at the corner of the street course, that thing is sweet. I'm a sucker though, I'll buy anything for Skate (except the cheater pack), and I'd buy Skate 3 today for $60 if it was just a new city with the same tricks from Skate 2. this franchise gets my money easy.

^ I guess DLC is better than no DLC, and it's really not too expensive. Took me a while to do the crane achievement, the other one was much easier.

I want DLC with something insane, like skating down the side of a skyscraper or an ultra mega ramp that let's you glide for a mile.

Finally finished all the Hall of Meat challenges and beating all the skaters in a game of SKATE. Man those games of SKATE are so boring.

[quote name='Rodimus']^ Indeed. I cheated, went to the library and moved a bench at the bottom of the stairs. They bail everytime.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its not so much the difficulty of it, its the fact that there is a seemingly endless list of skaters you have to play. I just picked any spot and did 4 triple flips (heel,kick,nollie) and a 180 triple kickflip every game.

bread's done
Back