Skate 3 Thread - Out Now!

[quote name='SEH']IGN's review - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1088528p1.html

I like how he says that if you've played Skate 1 or 2, there isn't much need to play this one. Yeah, because an entirely new city to skate, parks to create, and all the new online features definitely aren't worth it. I don't know if he plays the way I do, but I can sit there skating around, filming lines for hours upon hours (hell, as of yesterday, I was still doing just that in Skate 2). Sounds like he's one of the guys that finishes career mode then is done with the game.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with the guy a bit. Are new online features really worth another $60? That certainly wouldn't get me very hyped. I can sort of appreciate the new city (if only because the "redesigned" city in Skate 2 seemed like a cop-out idea), but you were still able to make your own jumps and such in S2... personally I play the shit out of that game and I still don't have the "been there done that" feeling, it's only been a little over a year after all! I can see people being justified in pulling the "too soon" card, of course I'm naturally buying S3. Hopefully I can create a one man team and beat all your asses.

Played this a little bit before work today, and I enjoyed it just as I'd expected.

The online play is integrated very smoothly. It was neat going up to a challenge and having the option to play it online on the fly.

The "Filmers Pack" for Skate 3 is up. fucking $9.99 and all it does is allow you to remove watermarks, upload HD video, and lets you have more stuff online. I figured they'd at least throw in some extra clothes or some shit, but I guess not.

Oh, and to go back to the conversation before about EA having shitty online. The Skate 3 servers to upload shit have been down all day. Is it really that hard to prepare your servers for the hit they're going to take? It's fucking 2010, I'm so sick of hearing "we were hit harder than expected".

started playing last night a bit no real online play for me yet maybe this weekend but the fam is coming up so very doubtful :/. I do enjoy the premise though of having your own board company.

Managed to get 1,000,000 board sales today and finish the Monster Jam. Time to finish the challenges I have left. That Hip to Hip transfer and the 1up challenges are annoying. Other than that I've been having a blast.

I would love to join the team if I can. I have been playing since skate. and I am a realistic skater. Nothing to crazy like to grind and do flips. Add me please.

PSN: astr0z0mb1e

PS - what is your company name? Mine is Sinned Inc.

Hey SlurringRhythms, the park looks great & I hope to skate it tonight. PS - what have you guys been doing to increase board sales? Just playing the career mode? I have been alt. b/w career & online.

I played through most of the career for board sales (though I've gotten probably 2,000 or so from online royalties). All I've got left is a few own the lots and some own the spots. Other than that, I completed everything. The past day or so I've just been filming stuff for my next video.

It appears the sound is screwed up on HD uploads. All my videos that I've upped in HD do not have the sound of boards sliding/grinding on rails, or wheel clacking on the ground when you land, whereas non-HD videos sound fine.

Here's one upped in HD
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=221781000&platform=ps3#itemId=94375

Here's one upped in non-HD
http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?personaId=221781000&platform=ps3#itemId=87736

Notice how the first one, all the sounds are almost muffled? I may be being anal about this, but when I put videos together, I make it so you can hear both he music and the board sounds, so this is a little irritating.

In the past 24 hours, I've really turned on this game. I desperately want to love it like I love the others, but I just cant.

The city sucks, period. There are some nice spots, but they got really lazy. I understand we have the object dropper and they want us to experiment with it, but it doesn't excuse the areas with TONS of open space. It's like they introduced the object dropper just so they could get lazy and not totally flesh out areas. Don't make the consumer do your job.

Also, the city not being connected is lame, lame, lame. Having to teleport constantly takes a lot away from the game.

The skating (especially on hardcore) and challenges are really inconsistent also. Like, a challenge will say to skate around and trick off five red objects. Okay, that should be easy right...wrong. You can grind one object and it'll work, but grinding the next one just wont. Like, for no rhyme or reason, shit wont count.

I think I'm just about ready to put this one down for good. It's a shame because I played Skate 1 from release up until the launch of Skate 2. Same with Skate 2 up until the launch of Skate 3. With this one though, I'm already bored with it. Too much of a good thing I guess can be a bad thing.

bread's done
Back