ski doo snowmobile challenge for 5 bucks at gamestop

I picked this up at $10 figuring it couldn't go any lower, played it for 30 minutes (it was refreshing to play a game in the snow during this hot summer in TX) and that was about it. The graphics are decent and mechanics are fine, the trick system is horrible (i could never get enough air). It's funny how they build up this big world of ski-doo racing, but i guess it is big in some parts of the country... I would just go for the trophies and that's about it.

The 360 version I thought was fine, well worth $10, one of the good things from my POV was the easy achievements, that won't make much difference on the PS3 version though I guess.

[quote name='Justin42']It's obviously not the most
clear.gif
awesomest game ever, but how is it for $5?[/QUOTE]

just save your 5 bucks for a burger then :lol:

Yea, if you are a trophy or score whore its a no brainer for under $10. I did find myself hating the last races to get my 1000 in it. Pretty much if you crash once, you have a hell of a time winning the race and some of the later races are 5-10 minutes each. You can start over easily, but if you are on the final lap it sure does suck to have to race all over again.

I bought this a while back when it was 9.99 @ Gamestop. Played it a bit and it's rather uninspired and really not a lot of fun to be had. Ended up selling it in ebay for a profit, so all is good. After playing the Motorstorm games this Ski-Doo played like doo-doo.

Went to Gamestop earlier today (or yesterday I guess) to get Shadow of the Colossus and I remembered the Gamestop I was at had Ski Doo on the PS3. So I picked it up for $5 and holy Santa Claus shit this game is awesome. My friend and I were making fun of the game when we first started it up but after a few minutes we realized it was an awesome game for $5 and the reason we thought this was based on one moment.

I start up the game and I turn to my friend and say, "If this game lets me listen to my music when I play its awesome." We were both being pretty sarcastic but when I saw that it did I quickly chose the song One Vision by Queen. You have no idea how amazing it was to be pulling off stunts, trying to keep the lead, and hitting those turns while listening to One Visions. This game is like a worse version of Pure (which means its still great) that lets you listen to One Vision while you're racing.

11/10

i picked this up when it was $10 and had a lot of fun with it. some tracks were pretty hard, but i actually was compelled to beat them rather than just give up and blame it on a crappy game. i thought the stunt system was actually fun, those are the best tracks. also, the ability to listen to watever you want is great, even if its not One Vision by Queen xD

Man, I hope I can find this in stock for $10 new for 360. I'm desperate for snow games since Stoked and Shaun White disappointed me. Sucks to hear that it's hard to get air in this game too. That's what I hate about most extreme sport games and in that aspect they need to be more arcadey (classic Tony Hawk).

For $5+tax, it's a good buy IMO. Wouldn't have ever bought this game for whatever its original retail price was, but I don't know how you can pass this up for $5. Just don't have high expectations for it because, well, it's $5 for a reason.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Anyone who picked this up feel free to add me, so we can send invites for trophies.[/QUOTE]

Send a invite to anyone, offline or online, doesn't matter if they get in game. Trophy works.

glad I didn't pick this up when I saw it for $10 during the last B2G1. Got one (sealed) yesterday. Haven't played it yet, but I'm sure it's well worth the money I spent on it

[quote name='bugg33']Send a invite to anyone, offline or online, doesn't matter if they get in game. Trophy works.[/QUOTE]

Yup, did just that. Game is great for Trophy Hounds. I already have 19 of 26 trophies :bouncy:

picked it up yesterday. not a bad game. not great either...definately a poor man's Pure. Worth $5 in any case.

Ended up picking it up Saturday for $10.00, I quite enjoyed it actually. Already fully beat it and got 1000/1000. But I still play it for the split screen. I think its well worth the 10! Thanks OP.

I picked up a new sealed copy of it last night in Madison WI (State St location). They had a single open box on display but when I took it to the counter the guy grabbed a new one from behind the counter. I don't know if they had several copies of the game or not.

Anyway, it's not a terrible game at all. It sort of reminded me an updated version of the old Sled Storm I used to have on PS1 years ago.

Heads up for anyone that can't find the game locally:

They're shipping one from another store for me so I will be getting it this week. See if they'll do a transfer if your local doesn't have it.

I might have to pick this up, I have a huge backlog on games but like every1 said for $5 (or less). I would have to wait to play, but oh well..no rush anyways.

bread's done
Back