Skies of Arcadia(GC) $20 at Fry's/Outpost.com

CaptainJanky

CAG Veteran
Skies of Arcadia(GC) is $20 at Fry's. They have numerous copies at the Northern California Fry's I go to. Also, it appears that the deal is online, but there may be limited quantities.

The Captain

:evil: It figures .... I go to the site and the search it down, then I cant find it in the GC section...sold out? not online? what? Damn, I want this game and $20 is such a good price...... :cry:

Didnt see it Either, but your link says "Call for availability", according to their FAQ is means its backordered.

They do have FF:CC for $40.. but even at that price its not worth it :x

[quote name='Indonesia']just checked with Customer service, the person said they will get it back in stock on March 16.[/quote]

Can anyone verify? My family is clogging my phone line :?

Capt., you sir are a gentleman and a scholar!! I was FINALLY able to get this game for a non-$50 price!! For any interested, there were a handful remaining (maybe 5 or 6).

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='Indonesia']just checked with Customer service, the person said they will get it back in stock on March 16.[/quote]

Can anyone verify? My family is clogging my phone line :?[/quote]

Haha, family got off the phone! I just called, she said a shipment is expected for the 16th, but not guaranteed.

DARNIT! No Fry's around here! Would anyone be willing to pick one up for me and I would pay them for it and shipping? I want a brand spanking new Arcadia! I have never had the pleasure to play it...I would also trade for it if someone has an extra one! Thanks!

Sweeeeeet Im going to have to hit up frys and buy me a copy before its to late :shock: This thing still sells on ebay for a pretty penny and I don't want to end up getting the dam game from there when I can get it for $20 if I can find it.

I just ordered it online for $25.94. I think that is more than a sweet price for this hard to find gem...now lets see if it ever arrives! :whistle2:k

Someone posted this on IGN's Gamecube board and already people are bragging about how they ordered 25 copies there. :x I hope that doesn't hurt anyone who ordered it here.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone posted this on IGN's Gamecube board and already people are bragging about how they ordered 25 copies there. :x I hope that doesn't hurt anyone who ordered it here.[/quote]

When was it posted? I would assume Outpost.com would fill orders as they were recieved (ie First In, First Out).

Went to my local Fry's in Fountain Valley, and they had 5-10 copies. They are not on the shelf so you will need to ask a cs to help you. Those of you who could not find it, make sure you check that it's not in their locked up cage-supply thing. Twice, I have found that I had to ask them to open up the cage to get a game.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone posted this on IGN's Gamecube board and already people are bragging about how they ordered 25 copies there. :x I hope that doesn't hurt anyone who ordered it here.[/quote]

damn selfish a$$holes! i hope i get mine... :(

I just realized something, I went to FYE to look for this, we don't have a Fry's :(... So I placed an order for 10 of them at outpost. Now I can sell them on ebay!!!......just kidding. Nice deal hopefully it goes through!

[quote name='Theenternal']I just realized something, I went to FYE to look for this, we don't have a Fry's :(... So I placed an order for 10 of them at outpost. Now I can sell them on ebay!!!......just kidding. Nice deal hopefully it goes through![/quote]

LOL!

[quote name='outkastx'][quote name='YoshiFan1']Someone posted this on IGN's Gamecube board and already people are bragging about how they ordered 25 copies there. :x I hope that doesn't hurt anyone who ordered it here.[/quote]

When was it posted? I would assume Outpost.com would fill orders as they were recieved (ie First In, First Out).[/quote]

It was posted on IGN at 11:17 p.m. (EST) last night. I don't usually think it's a problem when deals are posted on IGN because the site is full of gamers like this site so I am kind of dissapointed that they would abuse the deal.

I don't think the person who posted at IGN did anything wrong especially since they gave credit to CAG but I guess it wasn't expected that people on IGN would act like that.

[quote name='Outpost.com']Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

At this time, your order is still pending and will ship as soon
as the item(s) is in stock. Your order number is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

If you would prefer to cancel, change, or check the status of
your order, please call customer service at 1-877-OUTPOST
(International customers may call +1-860-927-2050) or e-mail us
at [email protected].

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for shopping at Outpost.com.

Sincerely,

Outpost.com
Customer Service[/quote]

Well that's good news I guess.

I hope I get my copy as I just orderd it today. I was just wondering how is outpost getting shipments of this game when its supposed to be out of print?

[quote name='magus83']I hope I get my copy as I just orderd it today. I was just wondering how is outpost getting shipments of this game when its supposed to be out of print?[/quote]

One has to wonder whether or not Sega has begun production again. Amazon, for example, has started selling new copies of the game when a few weeks ago, you could only buy from sellers in the Zshops (there was no indication that the game was backordered, either). Sadly, you have to pay full price for the game, but this and the deal at Fry's gives me hope that other stores will start getting new copies of the game in, and that they will be cheaper than $50.

bread's done
Back