Skies of Arcadia(GC) $20 at Fry's/Outpost.com

CaptainJanky

CAG Veteran
Skies of Arcadia(GC) is $20 at Fry's. They have numerous copies at the Northern California Fry's I go to. Also, it appears that the deal is online, but there may be limited quantities.

The Captain

[quote name='master_xtreme'][quote name='magus83']I hope I get my copy as I just orderd it today. I was just wondering how is outpost getting shipments of this game when its supposed to be out of print?[/quote]
One has to wonder whether or not Sega has begun production again. Amazon, for example, has started selling new copies of the game when a few weeks ago, you could only buy from sellers in the Zshops (there was no indication that the game was backordered, either). Sadly, you have to pay full price for the game, but this and the deal at Fry's gives me hope that other stores will start getting new copies of the game in, and that they will be cheaper than $50.[/quote]

I'm guessing they started production on this title again too. Suddenly ebay is flooded with a glut of them and prices have dropped on this game to $30ish, and they were selling for $50-$60 a few months ago. Same thing happened with Xbox Air Force Delta Storm, that went out of print quickly and it went for crazy prices on ebay, but they produced more copies and now you can find it for $25.

I saw several copies at Game Crazy (new) for $50. Since it's the only place I've seen that still carries it, it's my last resort in case the outpost deal falls through.

They are probably producing them again... I mean..what, did ALL of these places all of a sudden find some long lost secret stash of this game??? :?:

I just got back from the Fry's in Phoenix, Arizona. Sold out. I tried to peek over the clerk's shoulder when he was checking the computer to see if they had any. Most stores had 0 copies. A couple had close to 20 a piece. I think one of those was Burbank

I got 2 emails about it, 1 saying march 16 but its not garenteed as you all may know, but they said they are getting a shipment in.....I'll paste it

"GC SKIES OF ARCADIA is due in stock around 3/16, however we
cannot guarantee that date as manufacturers occasionally experience
delays in shipping their products. We recommend that you check back with
us on or shortly after the ETA to verify this information. We apologize
for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause." So yea.....here's to hoping, I got it with 2 day air so if it does come I'll know soon. :D

I bought a copy at circuit city that i still havn't opened i have till the 9th to return it, i think im going to return it, and then rebuy it if my copies dont come in :p

[quote name='AvidWriter']So yea.....here's to hoping, I got it with 2 day air so if it does come I'll know soon. :D[/quote]

Yeah, what the hell...I selected ground shipping at first, and it said it would be $5.72...so I tried 2 day air and it came out to $5.95....hell, I'll take the 2 day for $.23 more.

Sweeet I picked up the last 4 copies at mys frys in woodlands hills :twisted: Yes hate me all you want but this is me getting even for all those a-holes buying uo the other games I wanted really bad and never gotten because someone bought every last copy up :(

Think I might ebay these now or just hold on to them and ebay them later :evil: :twisted: Dont nkow yet?????????????????

25 bucks, just bought it. are u guys sure its on back order? because i checked out and it didnt say anything of that sort. oh and outpost.com will ship (unlike best buy) i bought from them many times. i heard they're managed by a seprarate company (also unlike best buy)

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']Sweeet I picked up the last 4 copies at mys frys in woodlands hills :twisted: Yes hate me all you want but this is me getting even for all those a-holes buying uo the other games I wanted really bad and never gotten because someone bought every last copy up :(

Think I might ebay these now or just hold on to them and ebay them later :evil: :twisted: Dont nkow yet?????????????????[/quote]

why? because if you didn't buy them all, someone else would've done it and screwed over the rest of ppl looking for a cheap copy?

that's wonderful logic, thanks for sharing :roll:

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']Sweeet I picked up the last 4 copies at mys frys in woodlands hills :twisted: Yes hate me all you want but this is me getting even for all those a-holes buying uo the other games I wanted really bad and never gotten because someone bought every last copy up :(

Think I might ebay these now or just hold on to them and ebay them later :evil: :twisted: Dont nkow yet?????????????????[/quote]

wow you have anger/jealousy/greed problems, i feel sorry for you, and youre the one with 4 games

[quote name='defender']Confirmed...this has been re-pressed. It seems like a small run though so dont expect a flood of them.[/quote]

They did this with Puzzle Fighter for the PSOne about 8 months ago also. It drove down the value, but it's gone back up since then. If you are holding SOA for value, then just continue to do so since they aren't releasing a ton of these.

Think I might ebay these now or just hold on to them and ebay them later :evil: :twisted: Dont nkow yet?????????????????[/quote]So you're a hypocrite then. Kthnxdie

As I said on another post where someone was hoarding items, this is faulty logic. "The basic idea behind this fallacy is that the fact that most people do X is used as "evidence" to support the action or practice. It is a fallacy because the mere fact that most people do something does not make it correct, moral, justified, or reasonable."
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/index.html#index
And dont' forget, you're not just "getting even" with other hoarders, but of people who just wanted a cheapass deal on a single copy.

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

Damn you outpost for getting my hopes up !!

You're a real prick. I was just about to head to the Woodland Hills Fry's to pick up a copy. You just sunk to the level of those other "a-holes," congratulations.

[quote name='rapsodist'][quote name='H0LLYW000D']Sweeet I picked up the last 4 copies at mys frys in woodlands hills :twisted: Yes hate me all you want but this is me getting even for all those a-holes buying uo the other games I wanted really bad and never gotten because someone bought every last copy up :(

You're a real prick. I was just about to head to the Woodland Hills Fry's to pick up a copy. You just sunk to the level of those other "a-holes," congratulations.[/quote]

a-hole? no, this guy's an asshole. no copies at the one i went to, probably because some asshole like him strutted his fat ass in there and swooped them all up.

Sorry for not being civil but in this situation I think I have a right.

cockbites like hollyw000d are the reason there are never anydood games left at sales. my circuit city had pretty much jack thanks to his bottom feeding kind.

'cockbites like hollyw000d are the reason there are never anydood games left at sales. my circuit city had pretty much jack thanks to his bottom feeding kind. "

fuck you!!! Its assholes like you and fattwallet that leave me without any fucking cheap ass games to buy :evil: I bought up all four copies for me and my friends since They've been wanting this game for a while since it was released on the dreamcast but didnt want to shell out the $50 for it, And since they said if it ever was on sell for around $20 I should pick it up for them if i saw it, and guess what I saw it...........

I really don't give a rats ass what you think since this is a fucking message boards and everytime Ive tried to get on a deal its dead because some ass hole posted it on the FW boards and killed it for everyone looking to get a game( I never order more the one off any deal), I only got all the copies on the self because there was more in the fucking cage for the SMART PEOPLE who ask the person in the department to check to see if there was anymore copies lift. But of cource I bet you didnt do that because your an ass hat who thought that since its not on the self its sold out at frys....

Get off your fucking high horses becuase there was still fucking 20+ copys lift in the cage that my fucking friend who works there looked up in the store system for me. and if there isnt by the time you get there its not my fucking problem since i only got 4 and three are going to friends for $20 since Im only asking for my money back.

So if your sorry ass is still sitting there thinking weather or not you should get your fatt ass up off your computer chair to buy a game in public place at a store in the day time, then you better fucking due it before the other ebaying ass holes snatch up all the fucking games so your no able to buy it since you were to fucking lazy to get out of your house.

And if they don't have it in the store they still got them online you bloody ass hats. Sure you going to have to wait for shipping but hey, should have gotten off your ass and bought it from the store while you had the chance. Freaking bought those copies at 8pm and they were in the wide open on the self and they dude in the game deparment said they've been sitting like that since wensday, and i bought them on a thursday night.

well shit man thats different wording. i can see getting them for your friends, but you said you got them to sell, which would make you suck. geting em for your friends is fine by me. watch your wording to avoid flaming.

Does

and

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']I bought up all four copies for me and my friends since They've been wanting this game for a while since it was released on the dreamcast but didnt want to shell out the $50 for it, And since they said if it ever was on sell for around $20 I should pick it up for them if i saw it, and guess what I saw it...........

Get off your fucking high horses becuase there was still fucking 20+ copys lift in the cage that my fucking friend who works there looked up in the store system for me. and if there isnt by the time you get there its not my fucking problem since i only got 4 and three are going to friends for $20 since Im only asking for my money back. [/quote]

seem like contradictory statements to anyone else besides me? Either way, it's just a game at a good price... calm down people :?

HOLLYWOOD, you're rather angry post doesn't quite jive with what you said earlier:

You said you picked up the LAST 4 copies, not that there was more in the cage. You said you were going to ebay the extras, not sell them to your friends. So which story is true? The first, second, neither?

You said you picked up the LAST 4 copies, not that there was more in the cage. You said you were going to ebay the extras, not sell them to your friends. So which story is true? The first, second, neither?

I was fucking joking in my first post, the 3 copies are going to my friends if you don't believe me then keep a fucking eye out on ebay for 3 copies of SOA being should by H0LLYW000D since thats my fucking ebay user name, And hell I don't sell on ebay since I only buy off there.

HOLLYWOOOD, I realize this is all conversation over the internet, which doesn't allow for nuances in communication that would come through in real life. However, your first post gave no indication that it was facetious, but rather only extremely bitter and hostile. There was no satirical meaning conveyed upon me at all. Also, what you stated in your second post contradicted much of what you said in the first post, so you'll forgive me if I'm just a bit skeptical about what's going on here. As it is, even if your first post was a joke and the second post tells the truth, you should probably know better than to joke about something (i.e. hoarding) that is a very sore issue with many CAG's here. (BTW, it really helps if you don't overuse cursing when you're trying to make a point, especially when it's in your defense. It loses its effect and only looks crude.)

Anyway, assuming that your second post is right about those extra copies of SoAL, I'm making a special trip to the Woodland Hills Fry's tomorrow to get myself a copy.

and to add to that... it's not necessary to use the f word like it's a period! sheesh, lighten up. from what i see, it looks like you brought it upon yourself for saying that you were gonna ebay the games. :\

[quote name='rapsodist']HOLLYWOOOD, I realize this is all conversation over the internet, which doesn't allow for nuances in communication that would come through in real life. However, your first post gave no indication that it was facetious, but rather only extremely bitter and hostile. There was no satirical meaning conveyed upon me at all. Also, what you stated in your second post contradicted much of what you said in the first post, so you'll forgive me if I'm just a bit skeptical about what's going on here. As it is, even if your first post was a joke and the second post tells the truth, you should probably know better than to joke about something (i.e. hoarding) that is a very sore issue with many CAG's here. (BTW, it really helps if you don't overuse cursing when you're trying to make a point, especially when it's in your defense. It loses its effect and only looks crude.)

Anyway, assuming that your second post is right about those extra copies of SoAL, I'm making a special trip to the Woodland Hills Fry's tomorrow to get myself a copy.[/quote]

words... too.. big... dont ... think.. HOLLYWOOD.... understands...

you should of added some F werds to make him feel at home

Well...what do you know. This game has signifcantly dropped in price. eBay is flooded (well, not quite flooded...but theyre there) with 28.95 BINs...Even If I dont get it from Frys/Outpost I will definetly be buying one on eBay. I regret not buyinjg one when I saw it for 39.99 new at CompUSA....and REALLY regret not buying one for 9.99 at BestBuy.com ........wah. Good luck with the orders guys!

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']Contradictory idiotic rant[/quote]

Just shut the hell up. You have no room to get on anyone's case here. You initially said you bought them out of spite and to sell on eBay. We all saw it, it was quoted multiple times, so YOU get off YOUR high horse you backtalking ignorant little shitstain. Next time you feel like bragging about screwing other people over, don't, because we don't give a damn about you and what you bought.

[quote name='MauMauProductions']....and REALLY regret not buying one for 9.99 at BestBuy.com ........[/quote]

Don't regret it. I ordered it from BB pretty soon after the $9.99 price was posted, and of course it got backordered and cancelled. I haven't seen anyone write that they actually got the game.

Just a heads up for you guys living in SoCal but last night I went to the Fry's in Burbank at around 8:00 P.M. and I saw four copies of SOA for sale. Needless to say, I picked one up so maybe they still have a few lying around. I didnt check the cage though so there still might even be more there.

[quote name='rapsodist']Thanks for the heads-up, NineH. If I can't secure a copy at Woodland Hills today, I'll try Burbank tomorrow.[/quote]Fountain Valley had nothing as of friday night.

Im heading back to Irvine tomorrow around noon yo. let me kno how Burbank goes for you (if u go). I can stop by on my way. If negative, Im too lazy to go to Woodland Hills, but I may try Aneheim...

Before you guys run all over the city, maybe you should give the stores a call and see if they have any in inventory. Wish I had, it would have saved me a long ass drive.

Well since I got the backorder for skies of arcadia legends yesterday from outpost.com, I think I might cancel the order. I'm not sure what everyone else is doing who bought it online but I might wait a couple of weeks to see if it comes and if not then I'll probably cancel. I hope this game comes because I would hate to pay full price or over for a game thats like a year old.

[quote name='spookyhurst']Before you guys run all over the city, maybe you should give the stores a call and see if they have any in inventory. Wish I had, it would have saved me a long ass drive.[/quote]

Yeah, I typically do that, but even if a store says an item is not in stock, I may make a visit if it's along the way to wherever else I'm heading. I've often found that employees will just be lazy over the phone and not care to really check for you. Lots of them just give a standard "probably out of stock" reply. I've found supposedly out of stock items enough times to not take phone call confirmations as the final word. But yeah, in the end, it never hurts to call beforehand.

BTW, everyone, I visited the Woodland Hills Fry's yesterday and they didn't have anymore SoAL left. An employee looked it up in the computer and checked the shelves/cages for me. Nothing. Another employee passing by remarked that he was sure they had already sold out a day or two ago. :(

Can anyone tell me if the San Diego or the San Marcos Fry's are sold out of the game? It'd really help a lot...

[quote name='Pro']Can anyone tell me if the San Diego or the San Marcos Fry's are sold out of the game? It'd really help a lot...[/quote]

The only way to know for sure is to drive over there and see for yourself.

bread's done
Back