Skies of Arcadia(GC) $20 at Fry's/Outpost.com

CaptainJanky

CAG Veteran
Skies of Arcadia(GC) is $20 at Fry's. They have numerous copies at the Northern California Fry's I go to. Also, it appears that the deal is online, but there may be limited quantities.

The Captain

...OK. I don't know if anyone would be willing to do this for me, but if anyone finds this in store, could you pick me up a copy? I live in Maryland and we don't have those kinds of stores out here..I mean the ones with deals like this. Also I've had to cut up my cards and waiting for new ones because somehow $150 is missing out of my account and the bank said it was through an online transaction, so I'm a little skeptical on online buying right now. If anyone could help a guy out??? Thanks guys. Now where's my little machine gun...

[quote name='H0LLYW000D']I bought up all four copies for me and my friends since They've been wanting this game for a while since it was released on the dreamcast but didnt want to shell out the $50 for it, And since they said if it ever was on sell for around $20 I should pick it up for them if i saw it, and guess what I saw it...........
[/quote]

dude...we all know you dont have frineds, you dont have to try and impress us

The online site has them back in, shipping kind of sucks though. But what the hell, I've been looking to get it cheaper than $50 and I guess this is as close as I'm gonna get!

That wasn't listed last night, but now I see that it is, maybe they shipped some and now it's gone again. Oh well, I've been played for a fool!

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='Pro']Can anyone tell me if the San Diego or the San Marcos Fry's are sold out of the game? It'd really help a lot...[/quote]

The only way to know for sure is to drive over there and see for yourself.[/quote]

or the EASIEST thing to do would be to call. that's how i found out the city of industry (SoCal) is all out. :D

[quote name='Pro']Can anyone tell me if the San Diego or the San Marcos Fry's are sold out of the game? It'd really help a lot...[/quote]

I checked San Marcos and they were out...looked at the list on the screen and it looked like San Diego was out as well...but the San Diego one never has anything anyway so I didn't bother to drive down.

I got a email that said they were out of stock right now.
They said they would get more for shipment on the 16th.
If you have not ordered it yet it is safe to say you are not getting one from there website.

Wow, today is the 16th...I was too pre-occupied with the new Harvest Moon release to notice. I haven't called, but I am not in a rush. I will give it a few more days before I call to give them a chance for delayed shipment.

I called last night and they said that more would be back in stock the 22nd. Somehow i don't believe them. However, anyone who wants Ikaruga from BB for 20 bucks, mine just came in today and I ordered last week. Chances are they still have a bunch in stock still.

Hope you guys are in the U.S.. I just called and they said it would cost $17 to ship to Canada! That's practically the cost of the game! Pretty ridiculous...

Hopefully they get it back in stock soon, I'm going to get Otogi and Soul Calibur 2 form them ($15.99 and $19.99 each) soon, adding another title will only help on shipping.

Anyone find any other good Outpost.com deals?

I bought a copy on EBay for $30 total like 10 minutes before I found out about this deal (this was like 2 weeks ago.) So anyway, since it doesn't look like Outpost knows what the hell's going on, I'm just buying the copy on Ebay, and if Outpost ships, well, then it looks like I've got something to sell on EBay.

Get it while you can, the deal is back! I just nailed myself 4 copies (3 to sell to friends at minimal profit, and 1 for myself because my original copy came with no case - some ass stole it from Software Etc. and it was their last copy left).

Edit: I got them at Outpost.com Does Call for Availability mean out of stock?

[quote name='King Bahamut']
Edit: I got them at Outpost.com Does Call for Availability mean out of stock?[/quote]

yeah, and it's been that way most of the night, I happened to check a few hours ago.

its the 17th now... still no stock... i guess ill wait another day and then i might wanna visit the actual store..

I can tell you guys that it's best to look elsewhere for this game. I checked every Nor Cal Fry's two weekends ago and they were out of the game. When I called Outpost.com, the woman who took my call said "We're way out of that game". which leads me to believe that they don't have any and there's a long wait list to boot.

Just get one off Ebay, that's what I was forced to do...

I also checked my local Frys in hopes of finding it - no luck. I've got one ordered through Outpost, and will let the order stand for a few more days. As long as I'm not charged, there's no harm in hoping they get them in. Of course, I said the same thing to myself when I ordered it from BestBuy for $9.99 in October - and they haven't even cancelled that order yet!

[quote name='HYDE'] Of course, I said the same thing to myself when I ordered it from BestBuy for $9.99 in October - and they haven't even cancelled that order yet![/quote]

AFAIK, they cancelled ALL orders but didn't send out any emails letting people know, so yours was almost certainly cancelled along with the rest of ours. Unless your neighbor is the CEO of the company and they're waiting for your lone game to show up at their warehouse!! :wink:

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']It's back in stock...just to let you guys know.[/quote]

Nah, it still says, "call for availability" which means there are none left.

Well, each date they give will be one week apart - but the question is, do they know -for sure- what each shipment contains or are they just giving us the standard weekly shipment dates to quickly answer our questions? Surely each shipment contains more than just the single item we're after... and unfortunately, I've been told many times that it "could come in with the next order" - Feh - It's only time, and it's not like I don't have a stockpile of unopened/unplayed games thanks to CAG to tide me over :)

I just called their 800 number and was also told that they are getting more in on the 22nd. I asked was it definite or just a possibility and he said definite, but he can't guarantee the 22nd as there might be driver delays - it depends on when they get the game to them. So, let's see.

Thanks for the info. What a great find!

They are never speaking specifically about this game. It seems to me that this is just their spiel for whenever something is out of stock or call for availability. We all know that this won't be coming in to their loading docks. The game is oop, where would they be coming from?

[quote name='lurnomore']The game is oop, where would they be coming from?[/quote]

Discussed earlier in the thread...

[quote name='defender']Confirmed...this has been re-pressed. It seems like a small run though so dont expect a flood of them.[/quote]

Hopefully, Outpost is still getting some in. It's now the 22nd, has anyone heard anything more?

I called outpost earlier today and they said that they should expect a shipment soon. I asked the guy if I would be able to get my copy with this shipment and he said yeah, we should have more than enough copies of the game. Oh well I think this game will eventually ship.

I strongly doubt that Sega has decided to put this game back into production. Why would it? It didn't sell terribly well the first or second time around. The glut is from idiot hoarders who bought this game up at Fry's when they did the price cut to $20. This game is not rare or hard to find, it is just hard to find at less than retail price. If we wanted to pay $50, we could all find this game almost immediately.

Edit: I certainly hope that I'm wrong....but it is very unlikely of Sega.

There's a good chance that the game might have gone back into production, at least for a small run. Sega of Japan just announced a small second run of the game a couple weeks back, so perhaps Sega of America has done the same but without an announcement.

Well, I just ordered a few minutes ago...says In Process. I wonder how many backorders they have to fill? I thought they cancelled all previous orders...someone posted something about it earlier in the thread.

well, i just placed an order for my skies, i hope it shows up, my cc hasnt been charged yet, and I havent got any confirmation, this should be interesting.

EDIT: Got the order confirmation,,, I am hopeful about this.

bread's done
Back