Skies of Arcadia(GC) $20 at Fry's/Outpost.com

CaptainJanky

CAG Veteran
Skies of Arcadia(GC) is $20 at Fry's. They have numerous copies at the Northern California Fry's I go to. Also, it appears that the deal is online, but there may be limited quantities.

The Captain

[quote name='longislandlady']My order shows "In Process" instead of "Backordered" now. I'm starting to get hope now. :)[/quote]

Yup, so does mine. Nice.

Simply amazing. I am grateful that they are shipping out, but I hope that it is not a Player's Choice. I can't stand that darn yellow stripe. I guess that I'll never be fully satisfied with this deal, until it gets to my door. :)

Edit: I just ordered seconds ago, and I got my shipping confirmation. Wow, will wonders ever cease. I'm truly shocked.

lurknomore, I hear you bro.. I have been eyeing on this deal since it starts from Page 1!! lets see if we get it thsi time

King Bahamut: maybe when they say in process, they mean they are waiting for the shipment to come in for you... and now its in stock, it is offically in process of shipping out to us... I hope!!

Yeah I know, but I'm not getting my hopes up yet until they ship, although the Same Day status for shipping is really uplifting. I'm just pissed at the bullshit that I ordered a week ago and I didn't get mine shipped, while some people in this thread claim that they got their shipping confirmation already from ordering today. I think that's just messed up.

[quote name='C_A']Got my copy. :p[/quote]

Really? Your copy shipped and you just got it? Or you just ordered it?

Christ, still haven't got an order confirmation...and i ordered it hours ago (was the first to post about it actually). I picked up that foxstore.com deal a few days ago as well--shipped and was supposed to be here 23rd, then got delayed till today 24th (stalled in some ups facility in TN), now I see it's stuck in the same damn facility and now it's delayed untill the 25th... :x -- Well, I sure am getting screwed on all this expensive shipping -- (ordered overnight for skies, but i don't think i'll see it tomorrow at this rate...) *sigh* sometimes....sometimes you just want to drive a shovel through someone's head and then see if they move their asses...

since its really shipping I may order a copy for myself even though I already have one(keep one sealed and finaly play the other one)

Now they are limiting it to one per customer. I guess people were ordering ALOT of copies for them to do that because I have never seen Outpost limit copies of anything before.

I just checked the status of my order (again...wow, I really want tnis game!) and it now shows it as shipped and a tracking number. Woo hoo!!! :)

If my order doesn't get shipped, I'm gonna get really pissed (I ordered 4 copies a week ago, but it's so I can sell them to friends so they can experience such a good game).

Nice!

order shipping status
Item Status
Shipped
Tracking#
XXXXXXXXXXX
Item#.....Product Name.....................................Qty..Unit Price Total
3539174 Skies of Arcadia: Legends - GameCube..1...$19.99.....$19.99

Shipped here as well via DHL. Says it requires a signature - hope they'll drop it off without a signature at my work. I hate getting "we missed you" notes requesting a signature or PO/warehouse pick up.

I didn't receive an email saying it shipped by the way - I had to check the status on their site (for anyone assuming they'll get an email noting it's fulfillment).

Thanks again CAGers - and credit to Outpost for at least shipping a game they didn't have in stock, but took orders for (*cough BB*).

Yeah, no email but it shipped around 2:30am. Ahhh...I've been awaitin' for this one for awhile--I swear i've been dipping into this topic every chance I had over the past week and a half (even at work). My thanks to the person or persons who started this topic--I love this site, but like everyone else, i seem to be poorer than when I first registered.

UPDATE: May already be out of stock. A search results in the game and strategy guide, the stock status of the game is Call for Availability again, however, when you click the link to the game, the stock status is still shown as In Stock, Same Day Shipping... ?

Omega - funny how we all found this site and check it constantly for money saving buys - but the truth is you end up spending more money than you would of had you not known about this site simply because some of the deals are too good to pass up, even if in the end you can't find time to play game X. I have a stack of $10 games that will take me an eternity to get to that I know I would of never bought had I not known about CAG. Sure makes my game collection look larger though :) And games that deserved a chance but didn't get one (Beyond Good and Evil) are now finding homes... I think I need a kleenex.

Oh god, don't mention Beyond Good and Evil, i'm trying to avoid thinking about it--gotta draw the line somewhere (but i keep thinking "it's only $20"). Seriously though, I've never purchased games in the quantity i have since i came here. I always bought one game at a time and finished it completely before looking for something else. Thing is, I even had more time back then--in college now and i barely have time for an hour or two every other day, and yet, my collection just keeps growing.

Oh, the hell with it -- How is Beyond Good and Evil? Worth the $20? I might as well stop kidding myself, i'll be picking that one up soon enough.

Side Note: What kills me is that I went to a local Gamestop recently in search of Skies and only found used copies--and a real steal at $39.99.....

Cool-got my shipping confirmation email this morning, and it should be delivered tomorrow!! Has anyone else actually RECEIVED their game yet? I'm curious if it's a player's choice title like someone suggested. Also, does DHL really make you sign before they'll leave it, 'cos I'll be at work tomorrow and would hate to miss the delivery if I've got to actually be here to get it!

[quote name='keithp']Also, does DHL really make you sign before they'll leave it, 'cos I'll be at work tomorrow and would hate to miss the delivery if I've got to actually be here to get it![/quote]

Just let us know where you live and I'm sure someone will be happy to take... err... accept the package for you. That's what friends are for. :D

Got the shipping confirmation too, ordered back when this topic was first created. Airborne Express says it'll arrive tomorrow, which is excellent. I guess the re-release everyone was talking about is finally out. I doubt it sold enough copies to make it to Player's Choice although I don't really care either way. Getting any copy of SOA is good enough.

I ordered another one by itself just to check, and it says partial backorder, which means they will have it in stock again.

However, my order of 4 is still "In Process", which I guess means it might ship soon.

Outpost now has "Limit one per order" on the page for Skies of Arcadia. That's good to see. It seems easier for a retailer to ship 20 copies to one hoarder than 1 copy to 20 people. Maybe a retailer actually cares about us gamers?

Mine was BACK-ORDERED. Those unfair fuckers. :evil: I guess to some scrubs like me, "In Stock, Same Day Shipping" translates to "you're going to get this game a month from now."

This game is now on "Call for Availability." On other news, my 1 order of Skies of Arcadia for 1 copy changed from "Partial Backorder" to "In Process."

[quote name='lurknomore']It's been a tad random which orders have shipped, and which have been "placed on backorder."[/quote]

But it's really unfair.

Actually got my copy today -- had it shipped overnight and got it 10am this morning. There are people who had it on backorder and didn't get a copy this time around? That is enough to make you just wanna... Oh, just look at an earlier post I made, that'll explain it.

Oh, and to those who were talking about a player's choice edition--the copy i got wasn't a player's choice, just the original.

bread's done
Back