Skullcandy or other quality headphone Deals?

only place I know that runs deals on skullxcandy is FYE-looks like once a month. I picked up the lowrider's for 20, and the skullcrushers for 29.99- i also find the smokin' buds for 9.99 when they run the sales. Although the sale only useualy has the buds + one other model on sale- waiting for titaneuims to drop/sale.

Amazon.com has the skullcandys for under MSRP. If you want instore you can pick those up at Target (however they're at MSRP.)

You should also check out the JVC Marshmellows HAFX33 (ended by a letter to indicate color ie. HAFX33B -black- or HAFX33P -pink-)

You can find them for pretty cheap online like on amazon.com.
I found a pair while walking through Wal-Mart the other day for $19.99. A little more than online, but I got them right away.

[quote name='rb89']Skullcandy
Quality

Pick one of the above.

Really, get Sennheiser, Koss, Grado, etc.[/quote]

I snagged the skullcandy skullcrushers off of amazon awhile back and the sound is great.

Seriously, unless you're a really big audiophile and absolutely need top notch sound, skullcandy is great. Not sure where your bias comes from, cause I'd consider Koss < Skullcandy in terms of quality headphones. But, maybe that's just my opinion... I have owned them both recently.

I have a pair of Sennheiser Earbuds (CX-300) that I got for $37 (MSRP $79.99, Currently $49.99 on Amazon) off Amazon and Sennheiser HD-280 Pro Headphones (best sound quality I've ever heard in a set of earphones) for $70 (MSRP $199.99, Currently $91.93 on Amazon) on Amazon a while ago. They may not be this cheap now but Amazon's price on these fluctuated, I had to have them price match the HD 280s after a couple weeks down from $89.99.

I highly recommend anything by Sennheiser (except maybe their super cheap stuff, it may not be that great)

Skullcandy /= quality. And by quality I'm referring to sound quality.

The lowest priced quality you're going to find are Koss Portapro's or KSC-75's. $15 for the KSC-75s and ~$30 for Portapro's. Sure they might break fairly easily, but they come with a lifetime warranty.

i have some phillips that im taking back tomorrow. i just dont like how they fit in my ear.
i dunno what im gonna get. i might try the $40-50 skull candy earbuds. i liked the earbuds that come with the new zune.

FYE has the ink'd smokin buds on sale for 14.99- i snagged a pair. As far as sound goes, great on most levels, has no real "kick" to the bass. suprisingly my sony earbuds (model mdr-ex51, and around 4 years old) totely crush them from highs,lows,mid and bass and they only cost 35 at the time at bb. they had another pair out on sale, full metal i think? but for the "sale" price, might as well pick up a pair of the mentioned sennheiser. The jvc marshmellows are getting great reviews, but the only color i can come across instock is....pink...

I bought some skullcandy ear buds last year and they were nothing but suck.

I just threw them out because I thought I should not burden another human being with such a magnitude of suckage. I bought a 30$ pair of Koss headphones and they are working pretty well.

[quote name='electronicthroat']You should try Sennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphones. I bought them last summer and love them. The bass and sound are amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PX...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1202488312&sr=8-1

Here is a review of them.

http://www.macworld.com/product/ipod/29/detail.html

They come in both white and black.[/quote]
I was browsing one of the popular audiophile headphone websites (I forget the name) looking for a pair of headphones myself and I was surprised that these came up a lot. But god do they look ugly.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']http://www.amazon.com/Koss-PortaPro-Headphones-with-Case/dp/B00001P4ZH

PortaPro all the way. Mine came in the mail this morning, I've been wearing it since then, and I haven't felt the need to take them off since. They're small, lightweight, great sound, easy on the ears (pressure-wise), and I personally love how they look. They also fold up to this half-circle form thing so you can store it somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I just found out that they fold up nicely into a little ball, who know. Apparently that hook wasn't there just for looks.

-edit-Wow, I didn't even notice that second picture on amazon...

I second Koss Protapro. I have them. They have good bass and good detail. They stay on your head when you're working out.

I second Skullcandy Ink'd Smokin' Buds. I admit that I'm not an audiophile, but they serve my purposes well enough (more than good enough for casual listening on my Zune). I bought them on sale this week for 12.99 from 14.99 at Target, but seeing as it's Sunday, that's probably not in effect anymore. Good luck with your search =)

bread's done
Back