Skunk *Now with Pictures* UPDATE: SKUNK IS OUT!

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I just learned that the trap set outside has just caught a SKUNK. Originally I thought it caught that damn groundhog, or the neighbors pissy cat...but this time it caught a SKUNK!

I've seen a few skunks around my backyard once and awhile but this is the first time it's been caught by accident. This thing is HUGE! It's almost the size of a grown cat. Right now I am trying to take pictures of it from inside looking out but it's pretty close to the sliding door in the basement. I don't want to open the door and get sprayed either. Anyways there is no way I can get to that thing because right now it's either scared or cold because I can see it shaking. Hmm.. I wonder if this is the baby skunk from a few months ago or the momma skunk.

UPDATE: The Skunk :)

Pictures of the skunk as close as I could get without pissing it off or getting sprayed.

100_7933.jpg

100_7931.jpg

UPDATE 2: FREE AT LAST....and back to the backyard groundhog hole :(

Step 1: Cover the cage so it doesn't freak out when we get close

100_7939.jpg

Step 2: Pull it out into the open and get the door ready for release

100_7948.jpg

Step 3: RELEASE AND RUN

100_7952.jpg

The cage after it got out.

100_7955.jpg

I think it's rust but it could have been the spray from it when it got trapped. Must have freaked and sprayed all over the cage when the door closed on it.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']What kind of trap is it? Is the skunk in pain?[/QUOTE]

standard cage trap.. non lethal... I can't get close to it to see what's it's condition because when I do I can see it turn around and preparing to raise that tail.

It's either scared shit less right now, in pain or cold. I am using my camera's zoom to get some pics of the beast without going out there.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']I sure wonder what that red stuff that's on the cage is.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was blood, but it is actually rust.

Just learned that Animal Control WILL NOT take it. But they will take it off our hands if we turn it in WTF?!?!?! We have to hire a private contractor to get it. I got an idea...using one of those car bungie cord and plastic hooks (not sharp), I think I can pull it out of the area and I think I will need a long stick to open the trap up so it can go.

[quote name='rabbitt']Are you going to let it go?[/QUOTE]

well yea...who wants to keep a wild skunk that might have rabies. Gonna have to start getting ready to move it out.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Who cares if it is blood? It's a skunk. If it were so great, it would be a human.

Jay.Leno.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOLZ

cool! that was risky, If you called a private contractor, god knows what he will charge. if you got sprayed, to get the smell of, you must bathe in tomato soup. and a bathful of soup mustnt be cheap.

[quote name='mega_n00bzer']cool! that was risky, If you called a private contractor, god knows what he will charge. if you got sprayed, to get the smell of, you must bathe in tomato soup. and a bathful of soup mustnt be cheap.[/quote]Seinfeld never lies!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Seinfeld never lies![/quote]

my cousin had to do this. problem was, he had a strange smell afterwards. turns out he used cheap soup, and some crap in it made him smell just as bad as when he got sprayed

[quote name='Foo228']haha...that skunk is a beast
even when you aren't zooming in
[/QUOTE]

From a distance it looks like a fully grown cat.

Never caught a skunk in a trap, but have caught foxes, armadillos, snakes, and foxes. Since I bought my house last year, I've been putting up a wood fence to keep out the animals. Don't have it up yet, so I have to deal with the occasional vermin encounter in the back yard. Theres nothing quite like surprising an oppossum and watching it spit gray jizz all over himself before trying to claw your legs off.

bread's done
Back