Skylanders at local GameStops

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!
I stopped by 2 GameStops in the Chicago western suburbs. They had individual characters in stock. But, they are over charging for them. $9.99.
Is it a deal? Depends on how much you value a Skylander at.

Good luck searching.

Beg

Commentary: I refused to buy them and stated that they are charging over manufacture suggested retail. I do not know what is worse. Flippers or stores who purposely gouge customers like GameStop and Toy's R Us.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the d bags complainers above. If you have not been looking for Skylanders, you have no idea how hard they are to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...you post in the deal forum and in that post you say this isn't a deal....alright.

Then people point out the obvious and you insult them. Good job there.

So this game has turned out to be pretty successful? It looked like a big risk for the developer.

I've seen "in stock" threads posted here on the deal section before. I think those were ok...

Hi guys

I went to gamestop today and they were overcharging AA battery 4 packs by 50 cents.

I do not know what is worse. Flippers or stores who purposely gouge customers like GameStop and Toy's R Us.

Is it a deal? Depends on how much you value AA battery packs at.

Good luck searching.

kosmos13x

[quote name='bg2001']So this game has turned out to be pretty successful? It looked like a big risk for the developer.

I've seen "in stock" threads posted here on the deal section before. I think those were ok...[/QUOTE]

The game is really good. Even without the add on characters. I did have doubts before my son and I played it. But they did a great job.

I'm going to get my 2 cents in here before the lock ---

The "Kindle Fire is Here" thread was ok but this thread for a hard to find in stock item is not ok? The difference I guess is that unlike Amazon, the OP isn't paying Cheapy's bills.

So this overpriced "deal" is for 12 year olds eh....who do not have jobs or ways to pay for overpriced things anyway...I'm so frikkin confused..

[quote name='kosmos13x']Hi guys

I went to gamestop today and they were overcharging AA battery 4 packs by 50 cents.

I do not know what is worse. Flippers or stores who purposely gouge customers like GameStop and Toy's R Us.

Is it a deal? Depends on how much you value AA battery packs at.

Good luck searching.

kosmos13x[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong. You gotta start a new thread and then insult everyone in it.

First we are all d bags then we are 12 year olds. Does that make us 12 year old d bags, d bag 12 year olds, or some other combination of those? d bags that are 12 years old....that can't be sanitary can it??

All I can say your posts show your IQ. If you can not understand that a in stock post that is for a hard to find item is worthless. Then you are not on this site for what it is for.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']All I can say your posts show your IQ. If you can not understand that a in stock post that is for a hard to find item is worthless. Then you are not on this site for what it is for.[/QUOTE]

First off, this is a site for deals, hence the world cheap in the title, granted so far you are fitting the 2nd and 3rd parts of the name of this website quite well.

Second, an in stock item that is hard to find can be considered a deal, BUT you are overlooking some things. You yourself state you refused to buy them due to price gouging, so you decided to pass on this "deal" but also chose to post it on a deal forum, rather contradictory. Also, this was at your local GS, you never once stated what store and since it is your specific store that makes this "deal" YMMV. Granted GS.com has the same prices, but the character packs are randomly given so I highly doubt you'll get the one(s) you're looking for.

Third, you are insulting people left and right for pointing out the very thing you stated in your OP, that the price makes this not a deal. Again, if this was a deal you would have bought the figures you were missing/needing/wanting.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']First off, this is a site for deals, hence the world cheap in the title, granted so far you are fitting the 2nd and 3rd parts of the name of this website quite well.

Second, an in stock item that is hard to find can be considered a deal, BUT you are overlooking some things. You yourself state you refused to buy them due to price gouging, so you decided to pass on this "deal" but also chose to post it on a deal forum, rather contradictory. Also, this was at your local GS, you never once stated what store and since it is your specific store that makes this "deal" YMMV. Granted GS.com has the same prices, but the character packs are randomly given so I highly doubt you'll get the one(s) you're looking for.

Third, you are insulting people left and right for pointing out the very thing you stated in your OP, that the price makes this not a deal. Again, if this was a deal you would have bought the figures you were missing/needing/wanting.[/QUOTE]

There is lies the point. At no point do I not say it is a deal to everyone. I said it is based on what you value a Skylander at. Thus, it is a deal for many.

[quote name='drawingboard']So to summarize: Skylanders are in stock at GS. They are charging more for them. You are all idiots.[/QUOTE]

No, the posters who say I am stupid for even posting the topic, have a low IQ. If you infer idiot, that is your working.

[quote name='drawingboard']So to summarize: Skylanders are in stock at GS. They are charging more for them. You are all idiots.[/QUOTE]

Update op please.

As an avid Skylanders enthusiast, I'm not going to bash the topic creator. I ONLY visit this board so going to a separate board to talk about Skylanders is something I wont do.

Back on topic, I didn't know Gamestop gauged the prices like Toys R Us, so thanks for that info. Another reason for me NOT to shop there. I currently have all the figures except Cynder; I've never seen it in the wild but I will wait for that rumored 3 pack with Lightning Rod and another new figure.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Wow thanks for the link. This is an awesome site.[/QUOTE]

No problem. You can set text and email alerts for when an item is back in stock. I was able to get my daughter a Leapfrog LeapPad by using that site.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Gamestop is not on that list.[/QUOTE]

Oh pardon me. It has every single character, multi pack, and bundle for every store except gamestop.

Giantbomb's podcast they said the developer is purposely not producing enough to create shortages and that they are all limited runs that they won't reprint. I'm glad I didn't try this game now, although my niece plays it. It's something of a sinister combination of Pokemon cards and video games - and people complain about DLC on disk - this takes it to a whole new level. Now that this has been such a success, I predict a million rip-offs coming out. Also, I predict a free to play MMO that requires these. Why charge a monthly fee of $15 when people are more than happy to go out and spend $30 a month?

Went to 2 Targets, a Gamestop and a TRU Thrusday nigth to get my kid 1 figure even though we don't own the game (he's at a playdate now w/ Voodood). GS had a stand and games but no figures or display space for figures, TRU had 4 figures fo r$9.99 each, 1 Target had nothing but the other had the same as TRU but for $7.99 each and we bought Voodood. The empty display rack for the 3 packs said $19.99.

I'm really surprised this crap is selling. I think parents just needed to get someting for their kids this holiday and I guess this and Kinect were it. If the compnay isn't making more figures they are leaving money on the table. They should drop the game to $29 from $69 and flood the market w/ $10 characters. Forever and ever and ever.

This is the future. The WiiU is rumored to have NFC, so Pokemon and Smash Brothers will be selling these toys. I really wish it would have crashed and burned.

bread's done
Back