Skylanders display w/ 8 figures at kmart closing!!!YMMV

gameboy280

CAGiversary!
Just an fyi, stopped at my kmart in toledo ohio on reynolds today. They had moved their huge skylander display and I asked the employee if they were selling it, he spoke with his manager, she called another store that sold theirs and get this I scored a fully functional almost mint huge skylander display for 39.99!!!! Best deal I have gotten in years....so anyone near a closing kmart should ask if they sold their display you may just get lucky!

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']What does said display look like exactly?[/QUOTE]

sorry if the picture is not all that great, was in a hurry.

w89478.jpg

Everything works great and the plastic cover hardly has any marks what so ever, so again if your kmart is closing I would ask them if they are selling their yet...the employee just scanned a skylander game and marked it down to 39.99 =D best day in a long time!

[quote name='gameboy280']Everything works great and the plastic cover hardly has any marks what so ever, so again if your kmart is closing I would ask them if they are selling their yet...the employee just scanned a skylander game and marked it down to 39.99 =D best day in a long time![/QUOTE]

That's pretty awesome!

I have no idea if this game was actually successful or not. But it might turn into a huge score. I got a kiosk from a gamestop for a DC for free that I sold here I think for 75. And a few other standees / displays that are going for 50-300. The 300.00 was about 6x6 feet... I threw it away years ago :(.

The game was really successful, if you are thinking of selling you might want to sell quickly before it becomes the next fad, as most of us know here the skylanders figures are impossible to find in stores.

At the moment I am planning on keeping. I am a video game collector and this makes an amazing piece to add to my collection. My friend who is a manager at gamestop was blown away that I got this. He advised that they were to be returned to the vendor and not sold to public under any circumstance. There also are currently none on ebay so I could probably sell it for a nice profit should I choose.

[quote name='gameboy280']At the moment I am planning on keeping. I am a video game collector and this makes an amazing piece to add to my collection. My friend who is a manager at gamestop was blown away that I got this. He advised that they were to be returned to the vendor and not sold to public under any circumstance. There also are currently none on ebay so I could probably sell it for a nice profit should I choose.[/QUOTE]

With comments like that it's why stores are so firm on NOT helping customers, all because scum try to make a few dollars. Not stating you directly, though I know stores in my area who used to help people and give away promo items now toss things because of one dirtball.

[quote name='Romeo']With comments like that it's why stores are so firm on NOT helping customers, all because scum try to make a few dollars. Not stating you directly, though I know stores in my area who used to help people and give away promo items now toss things because of one dirtball.[/QUOTE]

I think you talking about something a little less valuable than this display....I would agree if you were referring to cardboard displays people try to sell and stores throwing them away. This item was suppose to be returned to the vendors as the contract for the item was more or less a rental than the stores property. I have no plans on currently selling this item as again I am a collector. I have many stores where I still ask for items and luckily I get many displays. I have the zelda 3ds display, multiple gamestop hard plastic signs but this is a rare find that I was extremely lucky to buy for 40

I've been wondering for a while....my cousin worked for Got Junk and one of the jobs they had was to clean out a Gamestop. He found a Skylanders Diorama Display brand new...in box...sealed...with all the mounting brackets, batteries, wires, etc... I couldn't believe it.....Anyone have any idea how much this thing is worth? It's in the actual Activision box. Looks like they received the display unit but, never even opened the box. I checked everything out to make sure it worked and put it right back in the box.

My gamestop used to have contests where if you pre-ordered the game you got a chance to win the display for the game, then they put all the names into a hat and pick one to be the winner. I never won, and honestly I don't know what I would do with the display if I won it as I have no use for it and no where to put it. They don't do that anymore though, probably because corporate mandates these things get destroyed now.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you put one up on ebay, would the company that owns the item pull the listing because technically its their property? I have heard of things like this happening in the past.

Its a really great score though, I do agree.

All of my GameStops give their display stuff out. You just ask for it ahead of time, they literally put a sticky note with your name on the back of it, and they let you pick it up when theyre done with it. I only ever got two, but I really don't ask often. I have a Master Chief Game Fuel standee, and a Super Smash Bros Brawl promo display box. I did ask for their Skylanders display (same one you got) but it already had a name on it. The one thing I really wish I got was the DNF face in hole standee. They didn't even take a name for that one...the manager took it home himself lol.

bread's done
Back