Skylanders Giants figures 50% off at Kroger stores until 12/16

Kerig

Target won BF'23 w/$350 consoles
Feedback
85 (100%)
While I was shopping at King Soopers for some brats (the food, not the kids), I got hit in the face with an end sidecap full of "fuck me"

Skylanders Giants single figures: $4.99
Skylanders Giants Lightcore: $5.99
Skylanders Giants Giant Giants: $7.49
Skylanders Giants Triple Packs: $12.49

Offer good until 12/16/2012 aka: enough time to break anyone's will.

Skylanders2.jpg
Skylanders1.jpg

This happens, of course, the very day after I buy a Wham Shell at TRU for $5 (b1g1free, bought two for profit) thus completing my "one of every element" minimum requirement that I wanted for the game.

I only bought Crusher and Slam Bam 2.0...I really hope they sell out soon.

My king soopers restocked last night. Picked up crusher and the second series terrafin for $13

@slidecage, that's a ok price for the first game. I haven't played giants yet (will be here today) so I can't compare the two.

[quote name='Brother Daz']My king soopers restocked last night. Picked up crusher and the second series terrafin for $13

@slidecage, that's a ok price for the first game. I haven't played giants yet (will be here today) so I can't compare the two.[/QUOTE]

do you know how long you put in the first game.. is the game worth the cash or is it very short and easy..

[quote name='slidecage']do you know how long you put in the first game.. is the game worth the cash or is it very short and easy..[/QUOTE]

Decent amount of levels but very very easy

[quote name='slidecage']do you know how long you put in the first game.. is the game worth the cash or is it very short and easy..[/QUOTE]
I agree with shadow, it is very easy. As for time put in, IDK really since my son likes screwing around for hours on end. I'd say it could be completed in 6 hours or so. There are challenges for each level so that brings the replay value up some.

I went to my Kroger and they were all full price.

Could the OP please change the thread name to "King Soopers" instead of "Kroger"? No one has found them on sale at a Kroger in the thread.

King Soopers is just in the Kroger family, the same as FredMeyer or Food4Less. There's no reason to expect them to have the same sales. Walmart and Sam's Club don't share sales, etc.

Bummer, I know! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I live in Ct. None of these stores near me. I've tried to Google this but no luck:

Does anyone know if there's any online ad for this, or weekly ad scan? My local best buy will price match but I need to give them something to work with

Thanks in advance

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Kroger owns Fred Meyer! Does FM have this sale?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Not at any of the FMs I've checked here in SW Washington/NW Oregon, I'm afraid...

Thanks OP, but no luck here. Maybe Sunday this will take affect in Kroger. One of my stores actually had a Flashwing and Jet Vac Lightcore tonight......GRRRR YMMV! :p

I picked up Slam Bam at Krogers today... series 2 figures were $7.49 (25% off.) I was in a hurry and didn't get a chance to scan the multi packs or giants, but I suspect those might be 25% off too. Going back tomorrow, since Kroger sales end Saturday.

That sucks for me as from Oct-Nov they had a bunch of these but by late November they got rid of them as the PDQ of them was gone. I know they didn't sell though them all in that period as I'm in there almost every other day anymore so I'm guessing they just sent them back or something. Now I'm really wishing they still had them ugh.

[quote name='animemaniac14']the f does EVERYONE pluralize KrogerS ugh so annoying. end of rant[/QUOTE]

What... never went to white castles?

[quote name='animemaniac14']the f does EVERYONE pluralize KrogerS ugh so annoying. end of rant[/QUOTE]Probably because Kroger is a name and they're not pluralizing it, they're using the possessive form implying that it's Kroger's store (incorrectly/informally without the apostrophe).

It's a little weird that it isn't Kroger's. We don't shop at Macy, McDonald, Wendy, Dillard, Kohl, Boscov, Lowe, BJ, Bloomingdale, Marshall, Wilson... I just googled department store and this list could go on a mile. So while technically they're wrong, the moral of the story is you should lighten up because Kroger is weird.

[quote name='mailer daemon']Kroger in Durham didn't have them on sale, but I managed to get a price match at Best Buy buy showing those pictures. Woot![/QUOTE]

Hmm... might have to try that. Doubtful it will work, but it is worth a shot.

[quote name='BFBB Delicious']Hmm... might have to try that. Doubtful it will work, but it is worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Picked up two single characters for a little over 10 bucks at one best buy. Went to a second best buy, and bought two three packs for about 27. Didn't argue it with me whatsoever.

After hitting up a third best buy in Raleigh at the encouragement of my wife, I've managed to buy 19 skylander figures all at half off thanks to this price match.

I hate myself a little bit now.

[quote name='mailer daemon']After hitting up a third best buy in Raleigh at the encouragement of my wife, I've managed to buy 19 skylander figures all at half off thanks to this price match.

I hate myself a little bit now.[/QUOTE]

until you find out what the real mark up on these 'action figures' really is, then even 50% off isnt as great as it appears to be...

[quote name='nakanenui']until you find out what the real mark up on these 'action figures' really is, then even 50% off isnt as great as it appears to be...[/QUOTE]

You're crushing my soul just a little bit more.

[quote name='nakanenui']until you find out what the real mark up on these 'action figures' really is, then even 50% off isnt as great as it appears to be...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sounds like yet another Skylanders hater. :roll:

Don't let it bother you man, the things we do for Skylanders.

bread's done
Back