Skylanders giants (ps3)owners pack. $16 Meijer

wusspuck

CAGiversary!
was at 2 different meijers in Indiana, noticed these were on clearance, only noticed the ps3 ones, not sure about the others.
Product Description

Skylanders Giants Portal Owners Pack Includes: Video Game, Skylanders Figure, Character Collection Poster, Sticker Sheet with Secret Code and Trading Card

hm. Don't have a Meijers near me, but sounds like a great deal if you can find it. Does anyone know if the Portal from the original Skylanders will work with Giants? Or are they different sizes? If they're the same and someone could find one around them, I'd pay to have it shipped.

[quote name='Link2999']hm. Don't have a Meijers near me, but sounds like a great deal if you can find it. Does anyone know if the Portal from the original Skylanders will work with Giants? Or are they different sizes? If they're the same and someone could find one around them, I'd pay to have it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the 1st portal works with giants. Thought I read a cag confirm this in some other skylander thread.

[quote name='Link2999']hm. Don't have a Meijers near me, but sounds like a great deal if you can find it. Does anyone know if the Portal from the original Skylanders will work with Giants? Or are they different sizes? If they're the same and someone could find one around them, I'd pay to have it shipped.[/QUOTE]

I'll be close to a Meijers tomorrow. If I see one, I could pick it up for you. What system would you want?

Yes, the portal from Spyro's Adventure works with Skylanders Giants. This is the reason for the Portal Owner Packs, so they do not have you buying multiple portals....

The portal for Spyro's Adventure is wireless (the only drawback is batteries). The portal for Giants is wired (no need for batteries).

Hm, I'd prefer wireless actually so I guess it's a good thing I have the original. Are they the same size? That was why I thought it may not work (Giant figures are bigger?). Thanks again by the way to Steve for offering to look for one for me. We traded once already (perfect trade), but is new to the trading scene, so I just wanted to mention he's a recommended CAG :)

The portal from the Wii and PS3 are interchangeable . This is true for Spyro and Giants portal. The 3DS small portal will work with the Wii and PS3 as well. It is smaller and not sure if you can have the giants and another char on it together. Only 360 portal will work with the 360. I am not sure about the PC version though.

[quote name='spamfree2']The portal from the Wii and PS3 are interchangeable . This is true for Spyro and Giants portal. The 3DS small portal will work with the Wii and PS3 as well. It is smaller and not sure if you can have the giants and another char on it together. Only 360 portal will work with the 360. I am not sure about the PC version though.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, didn't know this... Thanks!

Went to a Meijer in Illinois and no luck. They had a whole endcap of them (most Wii and 3DS ones) but I did find a lonely PS3 version. Scanned it and asked an employee but they were still 59.99.

I'll be close to another location tomorrow, so I'll check that out.

Sorry Link but thanks for the kind words!

bread's done
Back