Skylanders Lunch Box Tin .99@ BBY *DEAD FOR SHIPPING*

amusedtoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I already have Blizzard Chill from a triple pack with Ram Spyro and ZouLou. but yeah I will grab trap shadow and hot dog next wave. Thanks guys. So many skylanders have broken from my kids playing with it that i dont mind buying the series2/3 versions. Chill from giants had both tips of her ice blade broken so it just looks like she is giving the fist bump. And my chop chops lose their arms and my hexes lose their heads, lol. 2 of my minis are broken to pieces too, lol. oh wells. and yeah i had a gold flameslinger and my kid opened it up in a happy rage, oh wells.

This is why I hate BBY's shipping.  These tins shipped only a couple of hours ago but they're scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and already in Michigan.  I order games from them and it takes a week for them just to get out of Minnesota and another week to be delivered after that.  The game's I ordered a week ago Saturday aren't even scheduled for delivery until Thursday and last time it took three days longer to actually get them.

This is why I hate BBY's shipping. These tins shipped only a couple of hours ago but they're scheduled to be delivered tomorrow and already in Michigan. I order games from them and it takes a week for them just to get out of Minnesota and another week to be delivered after that. The game's I ordered a week ago Saturday aren't even scheduled for delivery until Thursday and last time it took three days longer to actually get them.
Indeed...Consistency is key BBY... If you want to suck with shipping then suck across the board! Don't ship SOME things fast and other things slower. Ship everything slow or everything fast!

Indeed...Consistency is key BBY... If you want to suck with shipping then suck across the board! Don't ship SOME things fast and other things slower. Ship everything slow or everything fast!
Damn straight.

I'm sure they are thrilled about having to ship a 79 cent lunchbox for free.
They're the one's that not only paid UPS for a more expensive shipping option on them but also made me order them individually so they had to pay that cost three times!

can someone post a photo of this thing to show its scale?
Yeah, I'll post one tomorrow after I get them.

I'm actually a little bummed I missed out on this.  I was going to order a bunch because I thought they'd be great prizes for kids at the school library where I volunteer, but they're no longer available for shipping.

What, you guys didn't order these when they were $1.59 back in early December? And yeah, they are really small. We gave one to my son for Christmas (along with other stuff of course ;)) and it is so small as to be really useless for most stuff. You certainly couldn't store any reasonable amount of Skylanders in it.

The backpacks, on the other hand, are very big and nicely made. Those were $4 (but seem to be back up to $9.99 now).

What, you guys didn't order these when they were $1.59 back in early December? And yeah, they are really small. We gave one to my son for Christmas (along with other stuff of course ;)) and it is so small as to be really useless for most stuff. You certainly couldn't store any reasonable amount of Skylanders in it.

The backpacks, on the other hand, are very big and nicely made. Those were $4 (but seem to be back up to $9.99 now).
Nope, never even seen them marked down until I started the thread.

Saix_XIII said:
Here is a video of a guy showing the lunchbox. It doesn't start until half way in, so I made a URL at that point in that video

http://youtu.be/BqeZ_ZE4-jQ?t=1m42s

EDIT: Doesn't seem like it jumps to the right time, but at around 1:42 is when he shows the lunch box. Also it seems this one is different. I dunno....take it for what it's worth.
That ain't it. It isn't as nice as the one that guy has.

EldritchOnRye said:
Nope, never even seen them marked down until I started the thread.
Can never tell if joking with you. Nah - actually, I know you are. But for those not in on it, these were part of the big game sale in early December. I'm really surprised that any were left by this point. Though I'd think the same for the backpacks but it seems they still have those (though like I said they raised the price back up). I mean, this is all "Giants" merchandise, so it is old stuff that they really just want to get rid of.

Can never tell if joking with you. Nah - actually, I know you are. But for those not in on it, these were part of the big game sale in early December. I'm really surprised that any were left by this point. Though I'd think the same for the backpacks but it seems they still have those (though like I said they raised the price back up). I mean, this is all "Giants" merchandise, so it is old stuff that they really just want to get rid of.
Hey now, I'm generally only that sarcastic in the PSN thread. I don't think I can be held responsible for what happened in that Xbox One Frys thread so that doesn't count.

I really didn't see these marked down before I posted them, was probably running out of Christmas funds or thought $1.50 was too much so I just glossed over it.

Oh BBY, you're so silly.  This is what the UPS man left me.

2u75a39.jpg

Three entirely different packages, sealed up entirely differently, all containing the same item, all from the same warehouse.  GG BBY.

Then the top one was opened and inside the package was...

2m44q48.jpg

And another package!  Such awful and unprofessional shipping there.  I put them to shame and I only use recycled stuff.

Here's some pics for scale.  io wasn't kidding about it being tiny, it fits on top of a WiiU game case with room to spare.

2dc7rib.jpg

qrg6r4.jpg

And dwarfed by a member of the Cult of Croft.

axil4j.jpg

Still, at $2.50 for three of them I'm not complaining.  My daughter will love getting one of them and I'm sure I can find a use for the other two.

Oh BBY, you're so silly. This is what the UPS man left me.

2u75a39.jpg

Three entirely different packages, sealed up entirely differently, all containing the same item, all from the same warehouse. GG BBY.

Then the top one was opened and inside the package was...

2m44q48.jpg

And another package! Such awful and unprofessional shipping there. I put them to shame and I only use recycled stuff.

Here's some pics for scale. io wasn't kidding about it being tiny, it fits on top of a WiiU game case with room to spare.

2dc7rib.jpg

qrg6r4.jpg

And dwarfed by a member of the Cult of Croft.

axil4j.jpg

Still, at $2.50 for three of them I'm not complaining. My daughter will love getting one of them and I'm sure I can find a use for the other two.
haha the funny thing is I ordered three of them also and received them today and mine were packaged the same exact way two of them in those same exact type boxes with the white red tape wrapped in bubble wrap inside the boxes and the third one was in a oversized mailer and the mailer wasn't even sealed it was just wrapped around the lunchbox and slightly taped down to the mailer lol I guess everyone who ordered three is limited to only 2 boxes lol

haha the funny thing is I ordered three of them also and received them today and mine were packaged the same exact way two of them in those same exact type boxes with the white red tape wrapped in bubble wrap inside the boxes and the third one was in a oversized mailer and the mailer wasn't even sealed it was just wrapped around the lunchbox and slightly taped down to the mailer lol I guess everyone who ordered three is limited to only 2 boxes lol
Yeah I forgot about that with the big bubble mailer, it wasn't even sealed! It's really amazing that I've never gotten anything damaged from BBY.

I got that Wii U headset from BBY via UPS today and it was in an oversized, unsealed bubble mailer too. The box for that is about the same size as the lunchbox.

I got that Wii U headset from BBY via UPS today and it was in an oversized, unsealed bubble mailer too. The box for that is about the same size as the lunchbox.
The $5 one? Let me know what you think about it since I'm tempted by it but not sure it will be worth it.

Can i even fit a sandwich in here? Mine came in just the white bubble wrap. It was kinda dented/smashed. I want my $1 back. :whistle2:D

They backordered, then cancelled my order. Then they gave me a promotional $10 credit to say sorry for canceling! Lol thanks best buy

I have one, its a nice tin for storing small things. I put lipgloss in mine. You won't be able to fit any actual figures or any food in it, perhaps you could fit some of the item figures like the sky diamond or the sidekicks.

If you are storing skylanders  your best bet is to get a container of your desired size for $4-5 from Walmart or target and put them in there rather than using any of the other overpriced options which mostly don't work and won't come close to holding the amount of figures most of us have.

If you are storing skylanders your best bet is to get a container of your desired size for $4-5 from Walmart or target and put them in there rather than using any of the other overpriced options which mostly don't work and won't come close to holding the amount of figures most of us have.
Agreed on this, wish I had gone with those little Rubbermaid or whatever bins that are for shoes (I assume). At least we got the thing we have on clearance and my daughter likes that it has the Skylanders on it.

bread's done
Back