Skylanders Series 1 Characters- 2 for $12; 3-pack for $15 (10/25)

apathylad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
These are single character packs. I believe it's one day only. You have 15 to choose from:

-Voodood
-Cynder
-Dino-rang
-Double Trouble
-Drobot
-Eruptor
-Flameslinger
-Hex
-Ignitor
-Sonic Boom
-Stealth Elf
-Stump Smash
-Whirlwind
-Wrecking Ball
-Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant.

Triple Packs and Battle Packs are being sold for $15:

-Drobot / Flameslinger / Stump Smash
-Double Trouble / Whirlwind / Drill Sergeant
-Empire of Ice
-Dragon's Peak

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Value-of-the-Day/1058864?povid=cat14503-env172199-module101210-lLink1_VOD?adid=1500000000000037937360

[quote name='knight19']Nice! A word of warning - if you are planning to use them in Giants (vs. the re-posed Series 2 figures), most don't register for your collection (you can play them, but they don't count toward your total). Caught me by surprise when I tried it (out of the 30+ Skylanders from Series 1, only three registered in Giants).[/QUOTE]

That sounds like something that might be patched.

[quote name='knight19']Nice! A word of warning - if you are planning to use them in Giants (vs. the re-posed Series 2 figures), most don't register for your collection (you can play them, but they don't count toward your total). Caught me by surprise when I tried it (out of the 30+ Skylanders from Series 1, only three registered in Giants).[/QUOTE]

You have to take ownership of them in Giants. Choose the character options, Manage, Ownership when it ask you if you want to take ownership say yes.

[quote name='edison']You have to take ownership of them in Giants. Choose the character options, Manage, Ownership when it ask you if you want to take ownership say yes.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I would've never thought of that (I just play the game by myself) - thanks for this information! :)

Edit: Sorry about that, they absolutely can level to 15. I was impatient when I scanned all my chars in and thought the exp bar hadn't moved.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nochance']Yea, registering is not a problem, but they do only get to level 10 sadly. I bought a series 2 Gill Grunt yesterday when I realized that, cuz he's too awesome to not be one of my mains.[/QUOTE]

Series one goes to 15.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Ordered dinorang and ignitor. Still need whamshell annd boomer.[/QUOTE]

Secret news. Wham Shell which is impossible to find, is included free with the TRU exclusive castle storage thing. I couldn't find it online just now but I think its 25 or 30 dollars and eligible for the Buy One, get 40 % off promo.

[quote name='shadowkast']I love all the false info in this thread[/QUOTE]
What are you talking about?

[quote name='AoA']Secret news. Wham Shell which is impossible to find, is included free with the TRU exclusive castle storage thing. I couldn't find it online just now but I think its 25 or 30 dollars and eligible for the Buy One, get 40 % off promo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that but I am too cheap to spend that much. Also starting 10-28, if you spend $100 or more on skylanders figures they'll give you the castle storage thing for free.

[quote name='shadowkast']I love all the false info in this thread[/QUOTE]
Knight 19 saying you can't register series 1 into Giants. Then you saying series 1 goes to level 15. Because all 32 of our series 1 caps out @ level 10.

Really not trying to come off as a Dick. Just don't wasn't someone to see one post from a random person person and think that it's fact.

Thanks! Just bought 5 Skylanders (2 singles and a 3-pack) for the kids for $25 after using a $5 eGiftcard I had laying around. Have to wait until Nov 2nd to pick the order up, however.

[quote name='shadowkast']Knight 19 saying you can't register series 1 into Giants. Then you saying series 1 goes to level 15. Because all 32 of our series 1 caps out @ level 10.

Really not trying to come off as a Dick. Just don't wasn't someone to see one post from a random person person and think that it's fact.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you can't level your series 1 characters past level 10 on Giants?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Are you saying that you can't level your series 1 characters past level 10 on Giants?[/QUOTE]

If you've got a trick to making them level further please share. I have 4 or 5 level 10 series 1 figs and they aren't gaining EXP. If you have one that is going further, its a series 2 fig of a series 1 character.

[quote name='Nochance']If you've got a trick to making them level further please share. I have 4 or 5 level 10 series 1 figs and they aren't gaining EXP. If you have one that is going further, its a series 2 fig of a series 1 character.[/QUOTE]
How many mobs did you kill before you gave up on your series 1 fig? It takes awhile to get a tiny bit on the early chapters.

[quote name='shadowkast']Knight 19 saying you can't register series 1 into Giants. Then you saying series 1 goes to level 15. Because all 32 of our series 1 caps out @ level 10.

Really not trying to come off as a Dick. Just don't wasn't someone to see one post from a random person person and think that it's fact.[/QUOTE]

It was an honest mistake - I acknowledged I was wrong once corrected above. I hadn't had the 'ownership' issue come up before, as I don't play with other people. But yes, they do 'count.' They don't count towards owning the 'orange base' accolades though, so if you wanted those, you would have to re-buy the orange base series 1 figures again (unless I missed something again).

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']How many mobs did you kill before you gave up on your series 1 fig? It takes awhile to get a tiny bit on the early chapters.[/QUOTE]

Shit, not many, is this for real? I thought you were just guessing! I'll go try in a minute.

I did hear about the new level 15 cap,
I remember someone asking if you level the series 1 fig to 15 and place them back on the original skylanders game would it go back to lvl 10?

I mean you can always google the answers?

Yea, I was totally wrong, my bad! I just started yesterday and of course i'm mostly using the Giants (I got Bouncer and Crusher along with the starter). I already opened Gill too damnit, lol. Well maybe i'll finally use his anchor with that wow pow upgrade at least.

I'm really happy Camo isn't useless now too, I used him a lot in the first game.

@knight. I understand. I knew about the ownership thing simply from having two ps3's in the house

@krayzie. We're both right and both wrong (fair?). I googled the info. First i thought you were referring to spyro and characters being level 15 in that game, my bad. Second, you are correct; series 1 characters can be raised to 15 in giants but you will only receive stat upgrades and non of the new moves.

Sorry for semi derailing the thread. This whole skylanders thing can be a little overwhelming to follow and keep track of. Just want to make sure everyone has the correct info (myself included).

How many different moves do the Series 2 have that the Series 1 do not have?
I really have no desire to buy new versions of old guys so my kids can get the "full" experience since their favorite part of the game is buying the new moves. I can't google it right now as my son is watching what I type

Anybody else underwhelmed by the size of the actual Giants? I was looking at a ton of them in TRU yesterday - actually SHOCKED to see that many SKylanders in 1 place, old ones, new light up ones, Giants - but thought the Giants were barely bigger than some of the old ones. Noticeably bigger overall, yes, but if I didn't know they were called Giants I would just have thought they were bigger figures, like how a CP30 figure is going to be bigger than R2D2.

Oh, and I didn't buy any, if they are B1G1 40% off at launch I figure better deals will come after T-Day.

[quote name='AoA']How many different moves do the Series 2 have that the Series 1 do not have?
I really have no desire to buy new versions of old guys so my kids can get the "full" experience since their favorite part of the game is buying the new moves. I can't google it right now as my son is watching what I type[/QUOTE]

I believe it is just the one wow pow move and the fact that they can now switch paths. I really haven't leveled the series 2 people as we have been using the new characters/giants.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This is exactly why Im waiting this time on Giants. Theyll all be $5 soon enough.[/QUOTE]
Unless sales suck, I don't see it getting that cheap until a new game is annnounced. It seems to be selling pretty well. I am hoping for another b2g1 mistake for future waves.

Guy here at work picked up Giants. He confirmed that his Series 1 toy of Hex is leveling past 10; she's currently at 12. (He doesn't have any Series 2 duplicates of Series 1 characters.)

[quote name='rjejr']Anybody else underwhelmed by the size of the actual Giants? I was looking at a ton of them in TRU yesterday - actually SHOCKED to see that many SKylanders in 1 place, old ones, new light up ones, Giants - but thought the Giants were barely bigger than some of the old ones. Noticeably bigger overall, yes, but if I didn't know they were called Giants I would just have thought they were bigger figures, like how a CP30 figure is going to be bigger than R2D2.

Oh, and I didn't buy any, if they are B1G1 40% off at launch I figure better deals will come after T-Day.[/QUOTE]

They still have to be able to fit 2 on the portal, so the size was limited by that. TBH though, I wouldn't want them any bigger. My box of Skylanders gear is big enough as is, lol. I do think the first few Giants have really boring design though, aside from the starter, Tree Rex. He looks awesome.

One thing I wanted to point out as I was checking everyones stats earlier. Lightcore figs do NOT get the extra wow pow move. I figured since it didn't state in anywhere on the packaging, but in Prism Break's upgrades, the wow pow isn't even listed. No biggie for me, he is the only Lightcore with a light up effect that makes sense so I wanted him.

Oh one last thing, if you have a S1 and S2 of the same char, they are both listed in your collection. I don't think it ups your elemental power, but it will recognize it as a separate character.

Thanks OP.

Surprised that I already got my order. Think it was like 2days from when I placed it

bread's done
Back