Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure figure and accessory packs - $2.00 (YMMV)...

josekortez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Before anyone flames me, I already know that Walmart deals are your mileage may vary (YMMV) deals, but I found three different Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure figure and accessory packs this morning for $2.00 each, so I wish everyone the best of luck. I scanned a bunch of Spyro's Adventure and Giants single figure packs, but these were the only ones that were on sale.

Note that if you are lucky enough to find these for that price, they don't work with the newer Skylanders Giants game, although I'm fairly sure that any Portal of Power will work with them. I recently bought the Skylanders Wii set at Target for $99.00 when that was on sale, but I plan to use these as soon as I can find a copy of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure since they don't work on the Giants game. And, if I got any of this wrong about how the Skylanders toys work, I don't mind being corrected.

Here's the short list:

Dragon's Peak - Sunburn with Winged Boots Sparx Dragonfly
Pirates Seas Adventure - Terrafin with Hidden Treasure Ghosts Swords
Empire of Ice - Slam Bam with Anvil Rain Sky-Iron Shield

Wow great deal, did you get any extras? I would do $35.00 shipped for the "Pirates Seas Adventure" pack and the "Empire of Ice".

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but apparently, they can add scenarios to the Spyro's Adventure game. Don't know if they do that for Giants.

[quote name='ajh2298']Wow great deal, did you get any extras? I would do $35.00 shipped for the "Pirates Seas Adventure" pack and the "Empire of Ice".[/QUOTE]

Last ones, unfortunately. The associate's eyes looked like golf balls when she rang me up.

[quote name='josekortez']Yeah, I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but apparently, they can add scenarios to the Spyro's Adventure game. Don't know if they do that for Giants.[/QUOTE]

They do.

These skylander things look pretty cool, but I've never played them. If one were to get into them, where would they start? I'd like to start collecting them for my son now (and I want to play them ;) ), so I would like to start at the beginning. What do I need to officially play (and as cheap as possible).

Do these two dollar ones work for a new person?

You need 9 characters, one of each element. The starter packs each give you 3 characters. It is unnecessary to buy more than this if you just want to play the whole game. Some figures do not work with Spyro's adventure, which is the first game. The current lightcores like Prism Break, Drobot and Eruptor work with Spyro's even though the package says they do not (trust me I have the figures and the games). These are the ones I have that do work, not sure about the others. I would start with the first game. Just pay attention to the elements of the figures you are buying.

Best Buy has some figures on sale on their website right now, if they are still on sale.

ALL Skylanders figures work on Giants.

The *only* exception would be that the Volcanic Vault doesn't work on the 3DS version of Giants. But, it didn't work on the 3DS version of SSA either.

[quote name='SSchmidt']These skylander things look pretty cool, but I've never played them. If one were to get into them, where would they start?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SaraAB']You need 9 characters, one of each element. [/QUOTE]
8, but close enough, however...you don't need any amount more than what the starter game comes with. You can complete the game and 1,000point it as well without buying a single extra character. Getting one of each element is much more fun though as it opens up parts of levels that you won't otherwise be able to get into.

Giants is a better game overall than the original, but if you can find a good deal on the original starter pack you should play through that one first. They're both really great games for kids and adults, just not teens who think they're too cool to play "kid games".
[quote name='wolverinefactor']Actually Sunburn does not work on Giants as it's one 'm wrong but I think I'm write.[/QUOTE]
uh huh. :roll:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/skylanders-giants/Sunburn

bread's done
Back