Skylanders Starter Pack $49.99 @ Best Buy & BB.com

sdcranford

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (86%)
Just left my Best Buy on Springfield, MO. They had all Skylanders Starter Packs for $49.99. There was a sticker over the original saying it was On Sale. Grabbed a 360 version. I hate GameStop so this is perfect and don't have to have them call for a PM.

Checked 3 pages of deals and did not see this already. I put YMMV until some people confirm their stores are on sale too.

Offer ends 1/24 per sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='benjamouth']I wonder if Amazon will price match this, that said I don't think I'm ready to catch Skylander fever just yet.[/QUOTE]

:eek: @ your Gamerscore. Are you sure about that, it's a relatively easy 1000/1000. *devil's advocate*

MUAHAHAHAH

[quote name='confoosious']will my gf like skylanders?[/QUOTE]

There is co-op, and it's fairly easy to play. I'm wondering the same thing myself concerning my fiancee, as I bought the 3DS version (which is single player), but I'm contimplating the 360 version also. I supposed they'd think some of the Skylanders would be "cute," but getting my girl to sit down and play something with me co-op is like pulling teeth.

To confoosious & SteveGo, my wife enjoyed the little bit she played with me (and she hates gaming for the most part) So if your GF/fiancee enjoy gaming at all, then its safe to say they'll enjoy this.

[quote name='confoosious']will my gf like skylanders?[/QUOTE]

My wife isn't much of a gamer. She hates games where you manually move the camera because she says it makes her sick lol.

The only games she will play are side-scrolling games, dance games, or games like Skylanders. It's a top-down view game where the camera moves itself.

Yeah, I'd rather get the 3ds version but on the off chance my gf might like the co-op, I'm thinking xbox version. I've got certificates to burn at BB so I might get it today.

Worse comes to worst, I can always give it to one of my nephews.

[quote name='thegame85']:eek: @ your Gamerscore. Are you sure about that, it's a relatively easy 1000/1000. *devil's advocate*

MUAHAHAHAH[/QUOTE]

Lulz, get thee behind me Satan !!!!!

Sadly there was a time when an easy 1000 might have tempted me but I have a backlog full of easy 1000 games and an addictive personality when it comes to collecting little plastic models.

I think Skylanders could empty my wallet pretty quickly and I need to save at the mo.

I just saw the news about significant changes being made to Diablo III. Since that is likely to push the release back a bit I could use some RZ certificates to cover the cost of the 3DS version...

ok so I bit and since I was there and they had them, I got some threepacks as well.

edit: nevermind. RFID

The game advertises the other figures alot as you play. Anyone planning on buying this should also plan on spending more soon for figures. You need 5 other guys to open all the gates. Sure, you don't need to open all the gates to finish the game, but there's a good chance your willpower won't hold once you start playing. The dude who came up with the character gimick is absolutely brilliant.

I don't really like the game, but my daughter loves it which means I end up playing co op with her so she can pass the levels. She loves swapping the characters out and practically begged me for all the character types to open the gates. If you don't have kids I really don't see the appeal of skylanders, it's an incredibly easy and simple dungeon crawler that will bleed your wallet dry.

[quote name='thegame85']Snagged the 3ds version for the two figures. Paid with credit but still ashamed of myself[/QUOTE]

Don't be. The game is actually a lot of fun, but it's true, you get a lot more out of the game once you expand your army. :D

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Don't be. The game is actually a lot of fun, but it's true, you get a lot more out of the game once you expand your army. :D[/QUOTE]

is there a value for "used" figures? Like could I buy them, play them, and sell em? I'm looking at a three pack I have here that I don't know whether to open.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']The characters will read through the package so you don't need to unbox them.[/QUOTE]

oh really? that's hilarious. (And awesome) I assume nothing is written to the chip? it's read only?

[quote name='confoosious']oh really? that's hilarious. (And awesome) I assume nothing is written to the chip? it's read only?[/QUOTE]

I thought your data for the character is written to the chip. If you go into the menu with a character on the portal there is an option to wipe the character.

[quote name='darkjedi187']I thought your data for the character is written to the chip. If you go into the menu with a character on the portal there is an option to wipe the character.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's written to the chip. It's just the portal can read through the little amount of cardboard that's at the bottom of the Skylanders packaging so you can put them on the portal still in their packaging.

[quote name='darkjedi187']I thought your data for the character is written to the chip. If you go into the menu with a character on the portal there is an option to wipe the character.[/QUOTE]

oh i see. thanks for the info. so real cheapasses (or those who like to keep things in their original packaging) can use the character and then wipe it.

I've seen some packs as recently as last week at my BB that still includes the BB exclusive volcanic vault. If they still have any, I might bite

[quote name='Y2Bogus']I've seen some packs as recently as last week at my BB that still includes the BB exclusive volcanic vault. If they still have any, I might bite[/QUOTE]

the one i picked up last night still had the volcanic vault included.

[quote name='Captain Andreas']the one i picked up last night still had the volcanic vault included.[/QUOTE]

Did only the normal starter packs include them? I bought a megapack and it didn't have one inside. Unless it got lost somewhere in all the Christmas wrapping paper that was everywhere when it got opened.

[quote name='barrit']Did only the normal starter packs include them? I bought a megapack and it didn't have one inside. Unless it got lost somewhere in all the Christmas wrapping paper that was everywhere when it got opened.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure. There was a little sticker on the box that said it was included, but it was also very tiny.

hmmm.... price is constantly dropping for these... must resist some more! and wait for another drop in the next couple of months.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']hmmm.... price is constantly dropping for these... must resist some more! and wait for another drop in the next couple of months.[/QUOTE]

First hit of crack is always the cheapest.

I think once they realized they could make a mint on the figures, they decided to lower the cost of entry.

bread's done
Back