Skylanders Starter Pack (All Systems) $49.99 - $20 off

h8b1llg8ts

CAGiversary!
Finally decided I was going to pick up the Skylanders Starter Pack and was looking all over for a price drop. I just happen to check out Gamestop on a whim and there it is.

360 - http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/skylanders-spyros-adventure-starter-pack/90630

3DS - http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/skylanders-spyros-adventure-starter-pack/90630

Wii - http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/skylanders-spyros-adventure-starter-pack/90694

PS3 - http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/skylanders-spyros-adventure-starter-pack/90629

Will be picking up the 360 version any minute now.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Boo! Misleading title. It was around this price before Xmas. I'll definitely wait because it totally seems like a pokemon gimmick.[/QUOTE]

So, eventually it will not seem like a pokemon gimmick? I don't understand your point by "waiting."

[quote name='Rollobobo']Great time to jump on this. The game is surprisingly very good. Anyone on the fence should grab it.[/QUOTE]

WARNING
:

^ That is exactly what I did, and now I've been on the hunt to find all the rare and hard to find Pokemons to complete my collection! Fair warning that this might not be the addiction you need. Plus, it sucks for your wallet.

:hot: :hot: :hot:

[quote name='Jcaugustine']
WARNING:

^ That is exactly what I did, and now I've been on the hunt to find all the rare and hard to find Pokemons to complete my collection! Fair warning that this might not be the addiction you need. Plus, it sucks for your wallet.

:hot: :hot: :hot:[/QUOTE]

Doesn't help that stores only get 1 or 2 of these Skylanders a week. Missed out on a 3 pack because I thought I could pick it up the next day.

Thanks for posting this. I bought the 3DS version last week but was hoping for a price drop.

Does anyone have any codes for free shipping? Everything I tried doesn't seem to work... I also read that 3DS games and accessories get free shipping, but it is still showing up when I checkout?

[quote name='Kaiser499']fuck it, going to jump on this. I'll probably regret it later haha.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

[quote name='Kaiser499']I don't see why people actually play this game, it's nothing more than a scam by Activision.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jcaugustine']
WARNING
:

:hot: :hot: :hot:[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I currently have 8 skylanders. I have one from every element except the "Forest" element. I am trying to get my hands on Stealth Elf, but yeah....its impossible to find characters right now.

Apparently the next series of Skylanders is coming out VERY soon.

I'm seriously considering buying the 3DS pack for Dark Spyro and Ignitor....yes it's that damn addicting :/...I don't even own a 3DS!

Most of the time CAGS are pissed off when there's something released that might be considered money-grubbing, even if it is a high quality product: I don't have to look very far to see someone complaining about in-app purchases, high-priced CoD DLC, or re-releases like Ultimate MvC3. It's baffling then to see how this game gets almost unanimous praise from the CAG community since it commits those very same fallacies.

Ultimately if people like it then they like it, I just don't get it.... the game isn't bad but it's like the Lego games: it's way too simple to get much enjoyment out of it except for maybe playing with the young ones. I also understand that people like to collect figures and such, but these aren't exactly the coolest-looking figures. Like I said maybe everyone sees something that I don't, I just don't get how THIS is the game that is able to buck a common CAG opinion on paying high prices for games.

[quote name='thegame85']I'm seriously considering buying the 3DS pack for Dark Spyro and Ignitor....yes it's that damn addicting :/...I don't even own a 3DS![/QUOTE]

I was also thinking of doing this. I'll probably get a 3DS soon and anyways I read that corrupted Skylanders figures can be fixed by placing them on the 3DS portal. I already have stealth elf so I guess I could take her from the pack and sell her while the characters are still in demand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I'm not the only one considering a 3DS purchase just for the figs. :lol:

[quote name='SteveGo']Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

:lol: Nice catch.

[quote name='kevgret']heads up for those who have a bunch of figures already..says the characters will all be chosen at random..[/QUOTE]

Yeah it kind of sucks that it is random. I bought one pack & I'm just hoping I get lucky.

[quote name='SteveGo']So, eventually it will not seem like a pokemon gimmick? I don't understand your point by "waiting."[/QUOTE]

I think his point is that like all gimmicks it will eventually drop more in price once interest wanes.

I was just coming to the forum to post this! I too checked Gamestop's website on a whim and saw that the price was $50 across the board. Great deal for the 3DS version since it's never on sale. I went and bought that today.

For those buying the 3DS version just for the figures, you can get a good $30 or so for the game on Amazon without the figures. I see listings all the time on there.

Just price matched the 3DS starter set that I bought last week at Best Buy.
All they did was call the local GameStop to make sure it was on sale, and gave me a $20 refund. Nice and easy.

Was just at Best Buy in Springfield, MO. They had a sticker over the normal one saying they're on sale for $49.99. Got a 360 version.

[quote name='thegame85']Their site says the 3DS version is $50 too...might have to bite for Ignitor and Dark Spyro D:[/QUOTE]

Going to do this myself and sell the game, portal, and Stealth Elf. Hopefully I can sell those off for enough to keep the per figure cost of Ignitor and Dark Spyro at the normal $8 a figure.

Greg

Grabbed the 3DS Skylanders bundle today for $40 plus tax (used a $10 off PUR coupon). I'll be selling Stealth Elf on eBay or trading it here if I can, and I'm not sure if I will be keeping the 3DS portal/game or not.

Also FYI I just received my Skylanders triple pack that I ordered yesterday from Gamestop.com yesterday (next day shipping! wow!) and much to my & my son's joy I got the new triple pack (Whirlwind/Double Trouble/ Drill Sgt.). I know it's supposedly random but hopefully this is not an isolated case and others will also receive the newer set.

BTW those looking at the 3DS set just for the figures, Ignitor is supposedly going to be a part of a three pack with Warnado & Camo soon.

No word on a Dark Spyro release outside of the 3DS pack though.

[quote name='Corvin']BTW those looking at the 3DS set just for the figures, Ignitor is supposedly going to be a part of a three pack with Warnado & Camo soon.

No word on a Dark Spyro release outside of the 3DS pack though.[/QUOTE]

Check out this site, it has all the release dates of each wave: http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/collecting_wii_spyro-skylanders.htm#firstwave

No Dark Spyro is listed. I forgot where I read it, but I remember reading a while back that someone put a Dark Spyro into another portal (Not the 3DS) and it was the same as regular Spyro. Can anyone confirm if that is correct or not?

[quote name='barrit']Check out this site, it has all the release dates of each wave: http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/collecting_wii_spyro-skylanders.htm#firstwave

No Dark Spyro is listed. I forgot where I read it, but I remember reading a while back that someone put a Dark Spyro into another portal (Not the 3DS) and it was the same as regular Spyro. Can anyone confirm if that is correct or not?[/QUOTE]

It is not correct. Dark Spyro comes into the 360 version as Dark Spyro.

Finally got my copy tonight... I have been "trying" to be patient since this was posted. I really didn't want to pay shipping, even though it was only $3 because they always have it for free. Plus, I found several coupons online that claimed they were for free shipping and things, but it never worked. So, I decided to wait. Then I saw Best Buy matched it and was just going to re-order it that way but it was backordered and I didn't want to wait that long. I had sent the info to Amazon hoping they would drop the price as well but was getting nervous, but I kept holding out since I already have my copy from Best Buy and could always PM. So, the first thing I did when I got home tonight was refresh the Amazon page and much to my excitement they lowered the price... that was the fastest I ever ordered an item on Amazon before, I normally check it 100 times before placing the order, but with this I just bought it and went. I had some left over credit with Amazon anyway, so that was nice and going from $74.54 to $49.99 is nice as well.

Can't wait to actually play the 3DS version. I bought it over a week ago and have yet to open it, hoping for a price drop, so I'm excited to see how it plays.

Thanks again to the OP for posting!

I bought the PS3 starter pack and only cost me $11 after credit. Now I just need to be patient and wait for figures to go on sale.

Thinking that I may finally bite on this one because I think my kids would love it. Anyone have a recommendation as to which console I should get it for? Thanks in advance.

bread's done
Back