Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah, the problem is that they ship more of the newer ones per case. I think there are six/case so you'd see something like 3 of the hot new triple pack, then one each of the other triple packs.[/QUOTE]

Something of note, each "wave" comes with the same figured packed in them. For example, when Wave 2 started shipping, each box of individual figures consisted of one of each Hex, Dino-Rang, Wrecking Ball, Boomer, Zap and Eruptor (I think that was the assortment) - I went through several of these boxes and each one was the same assortment. My guess is, while they are "reprinting" the earlier waves, they're doing it in such a way that each new wave is coming with a specific mix of the older characters.

[quote name='sykotek']Nice, I just received my Legendary Trigger Happy in the mail today. ...he came poorly packaged though by TRU, they shipped him in just an envelope![/QUOTE]

...ugh. I ordered two (one for me and one for a co-worker's son) - thankfully, they came in a box. If my Blue Bash comes damaged (could only order one, sorry co-worker's son), I'm gonna be ticked. :(

Wow ... absolutely no Skylanders anywhere around here ... every place I stopped was completely wiped out ... 2 frys, 2 targets, 2 best buys, 2 TRUs ... Nothing, maybe a handful of the same figure at 1 TRU, otherwise nothing ...

Was lucky enough to be passing through Walmart on Friday around midnight and nabbed two 3-packs:

Wrecking Ball/ Stealth Elf/ Sonic Boom
Drobot/ Flameslinger/ Stump Smash

Huge score for me, as everywhere has been barren lately beside the occasional single pack.

Seems I have more luck finding figures when I'm not solely searching for them, seeing as how my continuous trips to TRU and Target have left me empty handed as of late. Though I did manage to successfully order a Legendary TH last week, just waiting on that to arrive.

Why does TRU advertise 25% off 3 packs when they know they won't be in until 3/21? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid and mean. We bought the 3DS starter pack for $35 to get the fire and life elements, now all we need is wind. Plus $35 actually seems worth it for a 3DS game. My son loved Super Mario 3D Land - he plays it all the time even though he's already beaten it - so I think he'll enjoy this. Heck with 3 save slots I might even play it. (I hate DS games w/ 1 save slot).

Saw someone take a Legendary Trigger Happy off the shelf from TRU. Was actually there to return something, and probably wouldn't have picked it up anways, but it was the last figure left in the store.

Judging from what you guys have been saying, I'm gonna try to hit up a TRU at opening on the 21st...

Has anybody here happened to see the Dragon's Peak pack yet in a store?

This will probably be the hottest triple pack yet...

3303069cv3a.jpg

OMG, my 4 year-old talks about Zook all the time - will have to get that ASAP... But I haven't seen a 3-pack or Adventure pack of any sort except for the Legendary one in at least a month.

:applause: Bravo Activision. I bought my ps3 starter pack from ebay used and had some trouble with the usb working intermittently. I went to the Activision website to file a problem and it said they'd send a box and an RMA. Instead, they just sent a brand new usb within a week - no questions asked. I didn't even have to send in my defective one first.

Won't help anybody now, but Amazon had Whirlwind and Cynder in stock for about 18 seconds. Long enough for me to get them in my cart but not long enough for me to check out. They were both due to be in stock on March 23, so maybe there's hope for next week between Amazon and the TRU March 21 date. They were both $7.99 also. Now they don't even show up as available from Amazon at all. As fast as you have to be to shop at Amazon, I guess you have to be really super duper fast to work there ;-) [yes, that is a joke, I know it's all computerized.]

Finally found a Darklight Crypt this morning at Walmart. It was the only thing on the rack and it looked so lonely..haha, seriously though, when my son spotted it I thought he was going to have a heart attack. Everytime we go by walmart we check for skylanders and they're always sold out. Im excited about that new 3 pack also since cinder is the one he's been wanting the whole time.

Saw this at a TRU today. So great... words out, all the hoarders and resellers gonna make it hard for ppl like me who just need one of each. :O

20120315_145513.jpg

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Saw this at a TRU today. So great... words out, all the hoarders and resellers gonna make it hard for ppl like me who just need one of each. :O[/QUOTE]

Same sign in SD.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Saw this at a TRU today. So great... words out, all the hoarders and resellers gonna make it hard for ppl like me who just need one of each. :O

20120315_145513.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why only single packs? i want three packs!!! i guess activision finally decided to produce more singles than 3 packs to get more money out of each one of us!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Why only single packs? i want three packs!!! i guess activision finally decided to produce more singles than 3 packs to get more money out of each one of us![/QUOTE]

I don't think it's going to be just singles. My hopes are that the Dragon's Peak Pack is part of that.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Blue Bash has arrived in Canada. Should hit the states within a week or so. Couple listings up on eBay now.[/QUOTE]

I think Blue Bash is going to hit TRU in the US on April 9th. I'm not super worried about that one.

I am assuming the Blue Bash is like the Gold and Silver characters in that he is just different looking, but has no in game differences correct?

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I am assuming the Blue Bash is like the Gold and Silver characters in that he is just different looking, but has no in game differences correct?[/QUOTE]

No, the Gold and Silver ones are rare variants. What I'm guessing with what they are doing with Blue Bash is testing the waters and see if people are going to bite on a variant to milk the franchise a bit more.

That blue bash is just an ugly glob. I don't care if he goes to 11, I don't want him sitting with all the rest.
That new 3 pack is enticing though. We only need air but if I found that 3 pack for $20 someplace I'ld pick it up for Cynder.

So how long until the Giants insanity begins? I'm hoping for real details at E3, such as do we need to buy a new portal or can I just pick up 1 single normal priced game (3DS should NOT be same as PS3, it just shouldn't) and single giants. Plus still no word of a WiiU version.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CAGkrazy']Why only single packs? i want three packs!!! i guess activision finally decided to produce more singles than 3 packs to get more money out of each one of us![/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I don't think it's going to be just singles. My hopes are that the Dragon's Peak Pack is part of that.[/QUOTE]

It's the single assortment only. If stores get it any 3 packs, they can put them out and sell them as normal.

Legendary Trigger Happy will be available to purchase this Sunday. Stores are holding quantity until then.

I've been hearing more Blue Bashing online lately. I've only seen pictures, but I guess I'm one of the few that don't find it ugly. In fact, I would've preferred having clear figures to the special Gold and Silver figures they already have, they'd be harder to counterfeit (not that I collect those anyways).

Overall, if I had my way, I'd release clear figures to coincide with each of the evil minions in each of the Kaos battles...of course...having them be the same color in-game would be a must. Imagine 3 packs with Blue Zap, Blue Gill Grunt, Blue Slam Bam, Green Zook, Green Stealth Elf, Green Stump Smash, Purple Ghost Roaster, Purple Chop Chop, Purple Hex, Red Flameslinger, Red Sunburn, and Red Eruptor. ...throw in an extra pack with the 4 elemental spells... :D ...well, I think it'd be fun anyway.

Just picked up Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt from local gamestop. They just got it in. Also online but random selection. My son is going to be very happy.

Wow, so many Skylanders in stores today...well, except TRU since they're holding them for their special event. Tried asking the guy that worked there for some more details about the event, but the guy that worked there said it'd be first come, first served without a purchase limit (pretty stupid since that wouldn't prevent an inventory wipeout by scalpers) for the event on the 21st (I don't really believe him though).

Anyways, bunch of Skylanders out there... Boomer, Cynder, Chop Chop, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant, Drobot, Eruptor, Flameslinger, Whirlwind, Wrecking Ball, Zap...etc

...found a bunch of 3 packs available at a few places too! Ended up purchasing a Zap/Hex/Dino-Rang and decided to skip on the Wrecking Ball/Stealth Elf/Sonic Boom package I saw.

Also saw plenty of Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant and Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash 3 packs available. Looks like the Skylanders drought may be coming to an end.

Now if only I can find a reasonably priced single or triple pack with Bash.

Wish they restock on 3-packs of the Prism Break, Voodood & Boomer! I haven't seen that one in a while! Sheesh! thats the only pack im missing to date!! Hoping 3/21 TRU event brings good news to me!

Good to hear. I have a brand new defective gill grunt I have to contact them about

edit: one phone call and I have a new one being mailed. Didn't have to prove it doesn't work in any way, which seemed odd and easy to abuse and exploit[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']:applause: Bravo Activision. I bought my ps3 starter pack from ebay used and had some trouble with the usb working intermittently. I went to the Activision website to file a problem and it said they'd send a box and an RMA. Instead, they just sent a brand new usb within a week - no questions asked. I didn't even have to send in my defective one first.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm - not a thing at my Target today. I did find a couple at Fred Meyer that I picked up for my nephew. Got him a Chop Chop and Flameslinger. They had Double Trouble, too, but I'm just sticking to the different elements for him as he already has a magic one in Spyro.

I'm really wondering about this March 21st thing at TRU. If it is just the same-old single-packs we've seen around before it isn't worth going. But if they get any of the new ones or the Dragon's Peak pack in then I'd definitely want to go. But I don't want to drive 20 miles each way if it is just more Chop Chop and Boomer or even Cynder...

Anyone else notice the price of some of the older wave 1 and 2 figures that were more common have now gone through the roof? Single packs of Prism Break and Voodood are going for around $35-40. I was practically tripping over these older ones at Target and Walmart 4-5 weeks ago. With the announcement that they are re-releasing most of these original figures in new poses and the likelihood they will stop production on this first line, it might be worth stopping by TRU on the 21st to try and pick up some of the older figures for collecting purposes.

Just bought Whirlwind off of Amazon for $7.99. Our 8th and final element and our 11th Skylander. We're done now until Giants.
As much as I'm opposed to the evil capitalist genius of this entire set-up, having commercials in-game for all of the characters is soul-sold to the devil genius, I have to say we got 11 toys my kid likes to play with, an enjoyable PS3 2-player game, a totally different 3DS platformer, and some free throwaway PC playtime, so I don't feel as conned as I thought I would for $126.

[quote name='rjejr']Just bought Whirlwind off of Amazon for $7.99. Our 8th and final element and our 11th Skylander. We're done now until Giants. [/QUOTE]

D'oh - missed that... It would have been perfect for my nephew since wind ones are so hard to come by. Flameslinger and Drill Sargeant are still in stock, though. I ordered one of each just to hold on to - first time I've done that during this whole craze. So now watch them tank ;).

So, here is some info about Skylanders at TRU.

My store received its shipment for the 21st. Assortment consists of Bash, Whirlwind, Eruptor, Sonic Boom, Stump Smash & Drobot. I don't know if this is the same assortment that all stores will get.

On the 25th, stores will start selling the Dragon's Peak pack and an additional shipment of Legendary Trigger Happy.

On 4/1, stores will start selling Blue Bash.

On the Toysrus Facebook page the company is saying that Zook and Lightning Rod will be available for sale on March 21st, with Dragon's Peak going on sale later in the month.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Wish they restock on 3-packs of the Prism Break, Voodood & Boomer! I haven't seen that one in a while! Sheesh! thats the only pack im missing to date!! Hoping 3/21 TRU event brings good news to me![/QUOTE]

I gave up trying to find that 3-pack so I bought them all seperate; I think it's been discontinued.

[quote name='prim4444']So, here is some info about Skylanders at TRU.

On the 25th, stores will start selling the Dragon's Peak pack and an additional shipment of Legendary Trigger Happy.

On 4/1, stores will start selling Blue Bash.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that's right about the Dragon's Peak pack, I'll be there if so. Thanks for the info!

Lightning Rod and Zook singles have hit eBay. Expect TRU to have them on the 21st.

Other stores like Wal-Mart and Target have Wave 4 boxes in transit and they're set to arrive any time now.

Wave 4 boxes will consist of mainly single packs of Sonic Boom, Eruptor, Stealth Elf, Bash, Lightning Rod and Zook.

Gathered this from another forum. Hope this helps!

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Lightning Rod and Zook singles have hit eBay. Expect TRU to have them on the 21st.

Other stores like Wal-Mart and Target have Wave 4 boxes in transit and they're set to arrive any time now.

Wave 4 boxes will consist of mainly single packs of Sonic Boom, Eruptor, Stealth Elf, Bash, Lightning Rod and Zook.

Gathered this from another forum. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Saw Sonic Boom, Eruptor, Stealth Elf, and Bash at Target today. Guess I missed the Lightning Rod and Zook.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Lightning Rod and Zook singles have hit eBay. Expect TRU to have them on the 21st.

Gathered this from another forum. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be hitting up Wal-Mart and Target today. I'd rather buy them anywhere but Toysrus.

Looks like Dragon's Peak will be available at several TRU stores tomorrow too. Whether or not they decide to sell them or wait until the weekend is up to the store...

Went to Wal-mart and they had a few skylanders, but it was mostly picked over. I picked up Sonic boom, chop chop, and eruptor for my daughter...she really wants Stealth Elf so I went to target as well...totally cleared out.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Looks like Dragon's Peak will be available at several TRU stores tomorrow too. Whether or not they decide to sell them or wait until the weekend is up to the store...[/QUOTE]

They will not be available tomorrow. They will be available starting on the 25th.

There is a street date attached to the Dragon's Peak pack, even if a store were to put them out, the register won't allow them to be sold.

Also, my store got an additional shipment today with the cases that included Lightning Rod and Zook. Just to give you an idea, you're looking at a 2:1 ratio on cases without/with Lightning Rod/Zook.

Crap, I really don't want to get up early and trek to TRU because they might have Zook and Lightning Rod... But then again I don't want to miss them either. Ideally I'd wait till Fred Meyer gets them but that is so variable. They tend to get stuff a few weeks later than everyone else.

[quote name='prim4444']They will not be available tomorrow. They will be available starting on the 25th.

There is a street date attached to the Dragon's Peak pack, even if a store were to put them out, the register won't allow them to be sold.

Also, my store got an additional shipment today with the cases that included Lightning Rod and Zook. Just to give you an idea, you're looking at a 2:1 ratio on cases without/with Lightning Rod/Zook.[/QUOTE]

Hi Prim, any chance you noticed if Prism Break was in any of those shipments your store received?

bread's done
Back