Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

So after hunting all week for Lightning Rod and Zook, and instead coming up with a Blue Bash and Gold Chop Chop, I decided to take today off and not go store hopping. Wife needed a few things from the store and I decided to hit Walmart. Ironically, I found a Zook even though the area was pretty sparse. I am not sure where it came from, or how it was one of the few remaining, but needless to say, I was happy. I got 33 of the 37 unique figures now. Only 4 more to go (till fall). I'm still not sure if the new poses will get me to re-buy these but for now I have really enjoyed all this. It's cheap collecting (relatively speaking) and it's something my daughter can enjoy as well. Keep em coming Activision.

Walmart had the skylanders shelf, the cardboard display and another shelf stocked full...still nothing I need though :(

Cheap collecting?!? If you bought the game @ 50% off, 4 adventure packs, the last single guy (crab dude) and nothing but triple packs; it would run you $284. That's allot for one game...I'm sorry. Talk bad about micro transactions and dlc but that's allot for one game with the same amount of characters as the average fighting game. Yes I'm still going to pay that $284....congrats Activision!

If you're a figure collector and buy them at retail, I'm OK with the price since they do have the game function, as well. If you're not a figure collector, it's a total money suck, no doubt about it.

Still tons of legendary trigger happys at my store. They shouldn't allow resellers to return shit. You want to play the game? Then take the risk.

Cause if they did, the legendary trigger happys would be like $3 shipped.

[quote name='defpally']Then she needs to help put a stop to it. I was under the impression from the manager at my store the 1 per figure per day was now company policy. Be sure to mention it to her next time and maybe they can help shut these greedy jerks down and get them to move on to whatever else their grubby little hands can find and stop taking advantage of young children and their parents.[/QUOTE]
She said that they asked corporate and were told specifically that there was no limit to purchases and that they were not supposed to implement one.

Looks like a loose Ignitor can be had for about $14-$15 dlvd on ebay, so they're not making a profit on those anymore...question is should I wait and see if Amazon will stock it?

[quote name='confoosious']dumbass TRU.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. They could put a major dent in this crap if they just laid down the policy company wide. Just goes to show that corporate cares more about selling out product than whether kids go home happy. Just wish they weren't so obvious about it.

I just don't see how these resellers can continue to make enough to justify this.

[quote name='defpally']Seriously. They could put a major dent in this crap if they just laid down the policy company wide. Just goes to show that corporate cares more about selling out product than whether kids go home happy. Just wish they weren't so obvious about it.

I just don't see how these resellers can continue to make enough to justify this.[/QUOTE]

i mean, put a 2 per customer limit or something.

It's a no lose situation for resellers. They cover their costs with a minimum bid. And it's not like their time is that valuable.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Looks like a loose Ignitor can be had for about $14-$15 dlvd on ebay, so they're not making a profit on those anymore...question is should I wait and see if Amazon will stock it?[/QUOTE]

Considering the loose Ignitors most likely came out of 3DS Starter Packs that were bought on sale (What's the lowest they've been? $35?) and parted out, they're probably still making a profit.

If they sell each of the figures at $15 each and sell the game/portal for $10, that's $55. $20 profit, not including any extra they get for shipping fees.

I just scored the Zook, LR, Cynder triple pack from Amazon for $19.99!

Edit: the triple pack is still up for sale!

Edit again: it just went out again! Wow, that was fast! 6 minutes at $19.99...

[quote name='UncleBob']Considering the loose Ignitors most likely came out of 3DS Starter Packs that were bought on sale (What's the lowest they've been? $35?) and parted out, they're probably still making a profit.

If they sell each of the figures at $15 each and sell the game/portal for $10, that's $55. $20 profit, not including any extra they get for shipping fees.[/QUOTE]

I see your point, but I doubt they got $15 for the third figure, what was it Trigger Happy? Probably $5. Plus they paid tax...so at best I'd say they make around $10 profit after you account for seller fees. I was thinking just about the single-pack ones, but it wouldn't really make sense for a re-seller to open it up to sell, so yeah, probably from the 3DS pack.

[quote name='deantjeep']I just scored the Zook, LR, Cynder triple pack from Amazon for $19.99![/QUOTE]

Wow, still in stock! Backordered but whatever. Good to see. I got mine at TRU and don't have Prime anymore at Amazon, but good to see they're getting more stock there.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I see your point, but I doubt they got $15 for the third figure, what was it Trigger Happy? Probably $5. Plus they paid tax...so at best I'd say they make around $10 profit after you account for seller fees. I was thinking just about the single-pack ones, but it wouldn't really make sense for a re-seller to open it up to sell, so yeah, probably from the 3DS pack.[/QUOTE]

Dark Spyro, Ignitor, and Stealth Elf. They're not making any money. Seller fees are a large chunk.

Scored the Blue Bash this morning at the TRU in Cutler Bay Fl. They only had three on hand, and ten rain checks to give out. The employees were not allowed to get any of the 3 on hand, and were limted to two of the ten rain checks.

Nice Fig, but save the color, no difference at all on stats, or packaging.

I'm hoping Blue Bash will end up being like Legendary Trigger happy and I'll be able to just walk in one afternoon and pick one up. I have a $10 gift card anyway from buying a couple 3-packs this week.

[quote name='Licasguy']Scored the Blue Bash this morning at the TRU in Cutler Bay Fl. They only had three on hand, and ten rain checks to give out. The employees were not allowed to get any of the 3 on hand, and were limted to two of the ten rain checks.

Nice Fig, but save the color, no difference at all on stats, or packaging.[/QUOTE]

Only 3?? These come in cases of 6. I'll bet you the other 3 did go to employees.

Got my daughter a Blue Bash this morning at TRUs! Looks like they only got a couple of boxes of them in. There were 7 of us in line at 9:45am. As we entered and lined up at the register (Blue Bash was held behind the counter), another 10 cars pulled up outside. The line grew, so these were going fast. I would hope they will get more in during this week, so others can get them.

[quote name='Corvin']Whoa! That's new.[/QUOTE]
I don't think that's available in the US market. I was reading about it earlier this week and it sounds like it's a European thing. Dark Spyro is supposed to be a permanent exclusive to the 3DS in America according to Activision.

Was just at my Toys R Us looking for Goldeneye for the Wii with the controller for $10 on clearance (as reported in the clearance thread). I didn't find it but I did notice Skylanders. I don't play the game but holy shit they had hundreds and hundreds of those things and little kids were swarming the fucking display. I did a quick look for the all gold/silver ones to buy/flip since I know those are valuable. Didn't see any.

[quote name='nbballard']I don't think that's available in the US market. I was reading about it earlier this week and it sounds like it's a European thing. Dark Spyro is supposed to be a permanent exclusive to the 3DS in America according to Activision.[/QUOTE]

Ahh. The question still begs, who is the fucking moron that is going to pay $65 for a single Dark Spyro when you can buy the 3DS set for about $35 on sale? :lol:

[quote name='Corvin']Ahh. The question still begs, who is the fucking moron that is going to pay $65 for a single Dark Spyro when you can buy the 3DS set for about $35 on sale? :lol:[/QUOTE]

A collector that wants all the variants, including single packaged characters. I met a guy today that collects every single pack and every 3 pack. That too would be redundant, but collectors want them all. I asked him if he was buying for his kids, he said he was, but now collecting for himself and they cover his wall. Those will never come out to play...

The guy from darkspyro and game faqs forums? That guy has spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars...painted his wall blue, built shelves, etc. His user name is mega11 or something like that. Insane collection!!! That's where I got the idea to by the Stanley storage containers from Lowes from actually.[quote name='deantjeep']A collector that wants all the variants, including single packaged characters. I met a guy today that collects every single pack and every 3 pack. That too would be redundant, but collectors want them all. I asked him if he was buying for his kids, he said he was, but now collecting for himself and they cover his wall. Those will never come out to play...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']The guy from darkspyro and game faqs forums? That guy has spent hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars...painted his wall blue, built shelves, etc. His user name is mega11 or something like that. Insane collection!!! That's where I got the idea to by the Stanley storage containers from Lowes from actually.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a collecting nut!

I should talk, I have a whole room covered with gaming stuff...

TONS of skylanders at TRU today when I went to look for a Goldeneye bundle. Had almost everything except for Dragon's Peak.

I suspect in a couple months, there will be a "Free Legendary Trigger Happy with any 3 pack purchase.."

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Does anyone just need a loose Cynder? Never used - $10 dlvd.[/QUOTE]

come on dude. go start a trading thread or something. You've posted this like 5 times already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone manage to get a Blue Bash from TRU.com this morning? The listing popped back up on the site late last night around 2AM EST and showed "In stock for shipping," but it was OOS when I tried adding it to the cart. I'm just curious if it was ever actually in stock or just a glitch on the site.

I picked this up for my 3DS this past weekend. I'm completely hooked. I'm going to be picking up the PS3 version soon enough. But I am curious, is there a way to delete the data off of a character? I bought a used figure and I want to start fresh with it.

So far, I'm really digging Ignitor and Bash. They're both fantastic.

[quote name='Ahadi']I picked this up for my 3DS this past weekend. I'm completely hooked. I'm going to be picking up the PS3 version soon enough. But I am curious, is there a way to delete the data off of a character? I bought a used figure and I want to start fresh with it.

So far, I'm really digging Ignitor and Bash. They're both fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I believe you can reset the figure in the stats screens of the game. The screen where you name it, put on hats, etc. Other than wanting a fresh start, the only real reason to reset a figure is to change the locked in skill path. You can change ownership and names without reseting them i think.

[quote name='nbballard']I believe you can reset the figure in the stats screens of the game. The screen where you name it, put on hats, etc. Other than wanting a fresh start, the only real reason to reset a figure is to change the locked in skill path. You can change ownership and names without reseting them i think.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. My youngest deleted our save game that was right at the end and we had to completely restart. I had to transfer ownership to the new game, and it did not reset the characters.

a third party seller has darklight crypt for 12.58+5.

edit: bah-- thought I found a deal but order cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, was told by a TRU rep that I'd get refunded the full amount (including shipping) for the Dragon's Peak I ordered from them online. Unfortunately, I was only refunded for the amount of the item. Ah well, can't say I'm surprised.

[quote name='Pig']Kotaku posted this morning about the remaining figures being sent to stores now.
http://kotaku.com/5898994/the-skylanders-spyros-adventure-cycle-is-complete
Camo/Warnado/Ignitor 3 pack and a single Wham-Shell. Good luck hunting for them![/QUOTE]

They aren't shipping yet, they just got preview copies (and I'm pretty sure that's what a few of the resellers have been selling on Ebay that claim to have them "in hand"). Lightning Rod, Zook and Dragon's Peak was previewed similarly by Joystiq about three weeks before they showed up on store shelves and they said they were "available now" too. It will probably be a few weeks, I hope TRU does another event for them like they have been doing for all the new ones lately.

Camo and Warnado is actually out in central part of the US. Many are having luck purchasing them from Wal-Mart.

Wham Shell is out in Australia. There is even a clear one up on eBay just like Pearl Hex.

I suggest you guys start checking your Wal Marts now.

Here is a picture of of what one guy was able to get from his local Wal-Mart

P1010090.jpg

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Camo and Warnado is actually out in central part of the US. Many are having luck purchasing them from Wal-Mart.

Wham Shell is out in Australia. There is even a clear one up on eBay just like Pearl Hex.

I suggest you guys start checking your Wal Marts now.

Here is a picture of of what one guy was able to get from his local Wal-Mart

P1010090.jpg
[/QUOTE]

And the hoarding begins!.......sad.......

bread's done
Back