Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

Well, the Skylanders Coliseum display at Toys R Us has finally dropped (like I had hoped it would). It's on clearance for $14.99 and is Buy One, Get One FREE this week. Regular price is $20.

2013-02-17191621_zpsafe8e2c1.jpg

I picked up one of these when they first came out and rated it pretty crappy, as it doesn't technically hold the Giants (the round spots on the top aren't big enough for their bases) and they don't even hold some of the taller regular characters (regular S2 Cynder and Ignitor are kinda slipped in just right so that her wings and his sword are a little "bent") - at $20, I wouldn't suggest these to virtually anyone. At $7.50, they're a pretty decent price.

[quote name='UncleBob']Well, the Skylanders Coliseum display at Toys R Us has finally dropped (like I had hoped it would). It's on clearance for $14.99 and is Buy One, Get One FREE this week. Regular price is $20.

2013-02-17191621_zpsafe8e2c1.jpg

I picked up one of these when they first came out and rated it pretty crappy, as it doesn't technically hold the Giants (the round spots on the top aren't big enough for their bases) and they don't even hold some of the taller regular characters (regular S2 Cynder and Ignitor are kinda slipped in just right so that her wings and his sword are a little "bent") - at $20, I wouldn't suggest these to virtually anyone. At $7.50, they're a pretty decent price.[/QUOTE]

As a guy that only has series one skylanders and only the giants from this series do you think I'd be able to fit all of mine with two sets? How many "shelves" do you get for $15?

[quote name='ZForce915']As a guy that only has series one skylanders and only the giants from this series do you think I'd be able to fit all of mine with two sets? How many "shelves" do you get for $15?[/QUOTE]

They are buy 1 get 1 free. So 16.24 (what it costed me after tax in Oklahoma City) got me 2 of them.

If you only wanted to fit Series 1 figures inside of the displays, and stack the displays, it would take 8 with 4 Skylanders inside of each. You could stack 4 high and 2 rows of 4 side-by-side to get all 32 on display. That leaves 6 of the circular pods on top.

Others on other websites have seen my collection, but here is my collection of Skylanders. You can see the types of shelves I built for my collection.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/DSCN0077.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/DSCN0090.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/DSCN0268_zps87bd0249.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/DSCN0269_zpsea31980a.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/DSCN0290_zpse890e1e3.jpg

There's more, but I won't post a ton of links here. Anyone interested can see the rest of my collection here -

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a391/zerox101/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

The best way to display Series 2, Newlanders, and Giants, is to build your own shelf, or on a bookshelf already set up in a room.

[quote name='ajh2298']I stopped by a couple of gamestops today plus a Best Buy and both had Eye-Brawls and Thumpbacks in-stock.[/QUOTE]

Picked up one of each at a local BB too over the weekend.

I'm sorry if I offend you but I'm going to assume you payed a lot of money for the variants and if that were the case couldn't you buy some proper shelves instead of having the shitty ones you made. Great collection, a little overkill for me but great to see there is a completsionist.

[quote name='skiizim']I'm sorry if I offend you but I'm going to assume you payed a lot of money for the variants and if that were the case couldn't you buy some proper shelves instead of having the shitty ones you made. Great collection, a little overkill for me but great to see there is a completsionist.[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with his shelves?

Anyone seen a release date yet for Ninjini?

Also what about legendary chill and molton hot dog?

I did see that molton hot dog will be a walmart exclusive though.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have Giants wave 4 w/ Ninjini on 2/27. An email will be sent out sometime today with the info.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Just Ninjini, or others as well?

I think I'm going to pass on Skylanders:Aerosmith. The swapping gimmick seems interesting in theory, but they'd really have to work very hard to make sure that X w/ fire feet is significantly different than X w/ water tentacles. I'm not saying that they can't do this, but if they're rushing out the new game so that they can shove the new figures on the shelves long enough to tide people over until they rush out the new new game; I don't see that happening.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I won't buy my favorite characters' new figures if I like how they look :cry:

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have Giants wave 4 w/ Ninjini on 2/27. An email will be sent out sometime today with the info.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow? They kept this one low key, let the madness continue.

Thanks for the heads up! I wont be able to go in the monring, hopefully I can get one during my lunch break. The release of this one being so low key and sudden might work to my advantage in being able to snag one lol. When is Gamestop getting her in?

[quote name='Methoes']New to Skylanders - If I buy all the triple packs; I don't have to buy the single pack characters right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, but you tend to save money overall getting the three packs. However, if you are looking for the Lightcore versions of them, aside from one exclusive pack from Target, they are normally only sold separately.

I got the e-mail about Ninjini hitting the TRU store shelves tomorrow so I'll be there.

I'm nowhere near that dedicated. Although I will stop by over lunch and see if any of them are still sitting there. Even then, I'm not sure that I'll buy one if it's available. :D

[quote name='Salamando3000']Took my nephew to the local TRU within five minutes of it opening, but by then all the tickets were handed out so no luck.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you pretty much had to be there an hour before opening to get it, I'm sure. Thats what I did.

I didn't realize that they were still doing the buy 1 get 1 40% off deal. That made me even more disappointed about watching a TRU employee (on the clock) walk behind the tablet kiosk, grab the last two Ninjini's in the store, and walk over to the checkout counter to buy them. :roll: It reminded me once again why I stopped collecting action figures. More often than not, the variants/rare/valuable figures never make it to the shelves in the first place.

Anyway, they had hordes of Thumpbacks and Eye-brawls so I gladly picked them up on sale. They had Hot Head too, but I'll wait for a bxgx deal once Ninjini is commonly available. That just leaves Lightcore Shroomboom, Lightcore Hex, Legendary (Lightcore?) Chill, and possibly Molten Hot Dog for me.

[quote name='nbballard']so is everything out now? I had trouble keeping up after Eye-Brawl/Thumpback. Did spyro come out?[/QUOTE]

Not yet. To my knowledge, Spyro, Wrecking Ball, Drobot, Zap, lightcore Hex, lightcore Chill, lightcore Pop Fizz, and non bundled versions of Hot Dog, Jet-Vac, and Shroomboom have yet to come out.

[quote name='nbballard']so is everything out now? I had trouble keeping up after Eye-Brawl/Thumpback. Did spyro come out?[/QUOTE]

These are not out yet in the US:

Drobot Series 2
Spyro Series 2 (supposedly out in parts of Europe)
Wrecking Ball Series 2 (supposedly out in parts of Europe)

Lightcore Chill
Lightcore Pop Fizz
Lightcore Hex

Legendary Lightcore Chill (out in Canada at TRU)
Jade Flashwing (a few have leaked out in Europe, coming here mid March at Target)
Scarlet Ninjini
Polar Whirlwind

I bought two Ninjini and took advantage of the b1g1 40% off. I was first in line but I waited almost an hour. A lot of pissed off people, there was four of us in total that bought 2 a piece in the 10 total that they received.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I thought tru was limiting them to one per customer??[/QUOTE]

I think its really up to the manager on duty to enforce it.

[quote name='skiizim']I think its really up to the manager on duty to enforce it.[/QUOTE]
Ah I see. I was able to get a ninjini off amazon about 20 minutes ago. She keeps going in and out of stock. Glad I was able to since I couldn't make it down to tru this morning.

[quote name='skiizim']I think its really up to the manager on duty to enforce it.[/QUOTE]

And it was but that's pretty low to get 2 when you obviously knew the policy. I would have been pissed too.

If only I could have been lucky to get one on Amazon instead, as soon as I showed a video to my daughter she had to have it. She still picked school over going to TRU though so I had it waiting for her when I picked it up.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']And it was but that's pretty low to get 2 when you obviously knew the policy. I would have been pissed too.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like somebody that couldn't get one.... sigh.... I was there waiting for an hour, not my fault if people decide to get there 10 minutes before the store opens. I could have taken all of them if I wanted, the manager on duty said no limit.

There's no way I would have bothered going to TRU but I wish I knew there was a chance Amazon would have them. Right now the cheapest on Amazon is $65! Amazon usually doesn't seem to get them at all until much later than other stores - seems odd for them to get in on this "preview" shipment. In other news, my extra Swarm came in from Amazon today. Even though we already had one, I couldn't pass up $2.99.

A week ago I was lucky enough to stumble into a Fred Meyer when they had B2G1 on Skylanders and picked up Thumpback, Eye Brawl, and Lightcore Shroomboom for $30 total. That's the first time in a long time that I've gotten new release figures on any sort of sale.

[quote name='skiizim']If only I could have been lucky to get one on Amazon instead, as soon as I showed a video to my daughter she had to have it. She still picked school over going to TRU though so I had it waiting for her when I picked it up.

Sounds like somebody that couldn't get one.... sigh.... I was there waiting for an hour, not my fault if people decide to get there 10 minutes before the store opens. I could have taken all of them if I wanted, the manager on duty said no limit.[/QUOTE]

I stood in line just like you and I did get one. For myself. And now you made yourself look like a huge jerk.

Picked up Molten Hot Dog today from Walmart. My son was so excited...played through several levels with the pup this evening. However, my boy has a slight case of "gotta catch them all" and is now wanting the original Hot Dog. Does anyone know if there is going to be an individual release of Hot Dog or is he staying in the three pack? I need to know how much to tell him to save up.

Btw...I think this was the first skylander that I paid full price for and I must say he is quite cool. I really like the figure design and he is a blast to play with in game. Now I just need to find a good price on Eye-Brawl and Thumpback (the JCP clearance this winter spoiled me ;) )

I had no luck yesterday trying to find either a Molten Hot Dog or a Legendary Chill. I realize that Legendary Chill just started showing up yesterday, but I want to get it as soon as it hits the shelves. The only Legendary character that's still on shelves around here is Legendary Trigger Happy. Legendary Everything Else has vanished and has yet to return.

Just picked up Molten Hot Dog, Thumpback, and Crusher. Won't be able to play with them until monday when the kids go back to school and I can steal the portal. Anytime I try to take it while they are home then they suddenly want to play it. I now have one of each element except magic which I plan on getting Ninjini and then I'll be done buying Skylanders until the next game.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Picked up Molten Hot Dog today from Walmart. My son was so excited...played through several levels with the pup this evening. However, my boy has a slight case of "gotta catch them all" and is now wanting the original Hot Dog. Does anyone know if there is going to be an individual release of Hot Dog or is he staying in the three pack? I need to know how much to tell him to save up.

Btw...I think this was the first skylander that I paid full price for and I must say he is quite cool. I really like the figure design and he is a blast to play with in game. Now I just need to find a good price on Eye-Brawl and Thumpback (the JCP clearance this winter spoiled me ;) )[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there will be (or maybe is now) a single Hot Dog release single. I didn't find out about this until just now as I bought the single Molten one Walmart is selling. It looks cool but I just wanted the character and didn't want to get him via a three pack. Now that I know there is a single of the regular a little irritated as I would have preferred that.

Picked up my Jade Flashwing at Target today. Clerk had to pull them out of the back for me.

Still no Double L-Double Cs 'round here though...

I stumbled upon Jade Flashwing at Target yesterday so I bought one. I was really trying to avoid buying it, but decided I should just get it in case I regret it later. But for the most part, I have regretted getting those color variants as they become overproduced and the kids could care less ;). I mean, they'll want it if I show it to them, but then they'll play with it once and then throw it in the tote of forgotten Skylanders. The fad is pretty much way past its prime in my household anyway.

Ok I bought the first one Spyro's Adventure and had a question. Can I go back and forth with the old skylanders between giants and spyro or once they go to giants can they not go back?

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Ok I bought the first one Spyro's Adventure and had a question. Can I go back and forth with the old skylanders between giants and spyro or once they go to giants can they not go back?[/QUOTE]

The figs can cross over between games. Each fig's stats are saved per fig. You can reset them.

Also, the color variants are just new colors (there might be a slight boost in its stats). Other than that... nothing new.

Saw some "Sunburn" and "Slam Bam" adventure packs from the first game at my local Walmart for $19.99. Does anybody know off-hand if these got a reprint or something?

bread's done
Back