Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

Got the Zook/Lightning Rod/Cynder 3-pack in the mail from Amazon today!

It was very tempting to throw it back up on Amazon to sell for $60, but since I had told my 4 year-old that it was coming today that temptation was easily avoided. It was well worth not making $30 off it to not get screamed at for the entire weekend ;).

My boys are playing the game right now with their new figs. Now I just need to decide if I want to go to TRU Sunday AM to pick up Dragon's Peak. And still looking for Ignitor too... My 4 year-old thought it was hilarious that Zook's "shield" is made of grass (or reeds or something). The video shows him using mushrooms but that is an upgrade, apparently. So it was nice that there was still something new for him to discover!

And in other news, Amazon finally upped their single-pack prices to $8.99... Too bad.

wait till he goes to college and realizes "wait, Zook was on grass and shrooms?"

I saw Darklight Crypt today at BB. I left it there because Ghost Roaster looks lame and I forgot what you guys said about the level. It's boring right?

[quote name='io']Got the Zook/Lightning Rod/Cynder 3-pack in the mail from Amazon today!

It was very tempting to throw it back up on Amazon to sell for $60, but since I had told my 4 year-old that it was coming today that temptation was easily avoided. It was well worth not making $30 off it to not get screamed at for the entire weekend ;).

My boys are playing the game right now with their new figs. Now I just need to decide if I want to go to TRU Sunday AM to pick up Dragon's Peak. And still looking for Ignitor too... My 4 year-old thought it was hilarious that Zook's "shield" is made of grass (or reeds or something). The video shows him using mushrooms but that is an upgrade, apparently. So it was nice that there was still something new for him to discover!

And in other news, Amazon finally upped their single-pack prices to $8.99... Too bad.[/QUOTE]

Pick me up a Dragon's Peak while you're there!

man I'm a sucker. Picked the game up last we and already bought two 3packs and 2 adventure packs. All were the last ones on the shelf of each of the stores I hunted at

[quote name='confoosious']wait till he goes to college and realizes "wait, Zook was on grass and shrooms?"

I saw Darklight Crypt today at BB. I left it there because Ghost Roaster looks lame and I forgot what you guys said about the level. It's boring right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that level is really boring and Ghost Roaster isn't all that great so unless you're trying to get them all, you may want to pass.

So who else is stalking TRU Sunday morning?

[quote name='io']Thanks. But... Do I really want to pay $30+ for this ($25 + shipping)?[/QUOTE]

plus tax too....

But I am sure it will be sold out within a few hours.

[quote name='Ivanhoe']plus tax too....

But I am sure it will be sold out within a few hours.[/QUOTE]

No tax for me. I went ahead and ordered it just in case. It came out to $30.43. That is just horrible... But now maybe I can sleep in on Sunday and not try to be there before they open. I guess that's worth $5.44 ;).

[quote name='io']No tax for me. I went ahead and ordered it just in case. It came out to $30.43. That is just horrible... But now maybe I can sleep in on Sunday and not try to be there before they open. I guess that's worth $5.44 ;).[/QUOTE]

thats cool about tax for you.
I just don't like supporting 5dollar price hike for the pack. Plus 5.43 for shipping.

:(

@Ivanhoe: I just want to point out the 30 day TRU exclusivity not needing to camp out for the item...just as long as you're sure what you're doing and won't regret it.

@Ivanhoe: I just want to point out the 30 day TRU exclusivity and not needing to camp out for the item...just as long as you're sure what you're doing and won't regret it.

@langdon_alger: It's true, it's pretty expensive...to have to pay $33 for something that you might be able to find later on for $20-22, but then there's time you need to spend looking for it, gasoline/transportation/shipping are also possible costs too...not to mention you're competing with others who will want it...

[quote name='sykotek']@langdon_alger: It's true, it's pretty expensive...to have to pay $33 for something that you might be able to find later on for $20-22, but then there's time you need to spend looking for it, gasoline/transportation/shipping are also possible costs too...not to mention you're competing with others who will want it...[/QUOTE]

that's why I check CAG! ;)

I just had a week (3 visits, 1/2 hour drive each way with two small kids) of shitty dealings with TRU, so I'm not keen on giving them my $ for skylanders. My boys have two 3-packs coming there way for easter. plus an empire of ice from grandma, so thy'll be set for a bit.

Got my free fig from Wal-mart today. Double Trouble. They must have shipped them before sending out the emails. Very cool of Wal-Mart to do, especially on such a hot item as Skylanders.

[quote name='folkmojo']Picking one up online. It would cost me more than $6 to go down to TRU and come back in gas. Plus I get to skip the stakeout.[/QUOTE]

+1

TRU is across town and not convenient. Plus gas just hit $4 here, so $5 extra to not hunt it down is acceptable at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up.

So wham shell is the only character that doesn't come in a triple pack if I understand correctly. Being late to the game I'm trying to only pick up triple and adventure packs. I've done good so far, 2 adventure packs and 4 triple packs. So if I understand, I need 2 more adventure packs, and a handful of triple packs plus wham shell to have all 32....right? I have no interest in variants (for now).

Selling an extra Ignitor that I picked up. Asking for $16.00 shipped, since ToysRus has inflated prices in NY+ tax+shipping.
If nobody is interested, I'll return this fish to the sea during the week.
Yeah, I know, it doesn't belong here, but the trade thread for these is pathetic.

My Prism Break triple pack from Amazon came in today. Saving it for my sons Easter Basket. Will be joined by Lightning Rod, Chop Chop, Double Trouble, Bash, Hex and Legendary Trigger Happy. Hopefully will find Empire of Ice by Easter also.

I was able to pick up the 3 pack of Lightning Rod, Cynder and Zook at BB this morning for $19.99. That BB had the singles priced at $8.99. I'm hoping to pick up Dragon's Peak tomorrow at TRU and possibly the Legendary Trigger Happy because I couldn't make it to TRU early last Wednesday.

[quote name='kk012']I was able to pick up the 3 pack of Warnado, Cynder and Zook at BB this morning for $19.99. That BB had the singles priced at $8.99. I'm hoping to pick up Dragon's Peak tomorrow at TRU and possibly the Legendary Trigger Happy because I couldn't make it to TRU early last Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

WARNADO? You mean lightning rod.

ugh. Walked into my toys r us this morning when the door opened. Didn't hurry because they typically have a 1 per customer policy. 2 women walked ahead of me and literally scooped all of the new ones off of the racks and walked to the check out.

I said to one "Wow- that's a lot of skylanders, you must really love this game.", to which she replied, "Oh, no- I'm reselling these". ugh.

Anyway- placed my order on tru.com

Wow. I hate people. While standing in line at TRU, one minute, people are complaining about how hard it is to find the figures and eBay resellers... the next, the same people are trading stories about what they've sold on eBay. Guh. Thankfullu, I got in on Day 1 with most everything.

[quote name='nbballard']ugh. Walked into my toys r us this morning when the door opened. Didn't hurry because they typically have a 1 per customer policy. 2 women walked ahead of me and literally scooped all of the new ones off of the racks and walked to the check out.

I said to one "Wow- that's a lot of skylanders, you must really love this game.", to which she replied, "Oh, no- I'm reselling these". ugh.

Anyway- placed my order on tru.com[/QUOTE]

I would not have been able to restrain myself, I would have followed them to check out and reminded the cashier of the company policy right in front of them. People like them are the problem. They are vultures.

[quote name='defpally']I would not have been able to restrain myself, I would have followed them to check out and reminded the cashier of the company policy right in front of them. People like them are the problem. They are vultures.[/QUOTE]

Glad the local store kept them in a cart behind the register. That way, they can hand one to each person, instead of having to explain the policy to everyone. And of course avoid hoarders.

[quote name='nbballard']ugh. Walked into my toys r us this morning when the door opened. Didn't hurry because they typically have a 1 per customer policy. 2 women walked ahead of me and literally scooped all of the new ones off of the racks and walked to the check out.

Anyway- placed my order on tru.com[/QUOTE]

Like anything, Skylanders are hot right now and the small supply releases cause the vultures to scoop them up for resale. Leaving the average buyer with empty hands. Activision is enjoying the excitement in their product and thus will continue to produce the figures until they hit the market saturation point. It may take some time, however as the resellers buy up all the available stock. But eventually, the supply will grow as demand slows, then the vultures will end up with all the stock and fewer buyers. A game of musical chairs, who can sell off their stock before the market hits that saturation point and prices crash back to retail. As Activision said, they will continue to crank these figures out, and no one should worry about getting them. So, bottomline, give it time and let market forces take their course, you will be able to get them all at retail. How many CAGs waited for Cynder, then got them locally, as I did, or recently from Amazon and at retail price? I have bought all of my daughters figures and packs at retail and we have all but the Empire of Ice.

[quote name='deantjeep']Like anything, Skylanders are hot right now and the small supply releases cause the vultures to scoop them up for resale. Leaving the average buyer with empty hands. Activision is enjoying the excitement in their product and thus will continue to produce the figures until they hit the market saturation point. It may take some time, however as the resellers buy up all the available stock. But eventually, the supply will grow as demand slows, then the vultures will end up with all the stock and fewer buyers. A game of musical chairs, who can sell off their stock before the market hits that saturation point and prices crash back to retail. As Activision said, they will continue to crank these figures out, and no one should worry about getting them. So, bottomline, give it time and let market forces take their course, you will be able to get them all at retail. How many CAGs waited for Cynder, then got them locally, as I did, or recently from Amazon and at retail price? I have bought all of my daughters figures and packs at retail and we have all but the Empire of Ice.[/QUOTE]
I'm not worried about getting them. I have a complete set (minus new releases) that I got without much difficulty. In a few weeks- the new set will be just like the Crypt set. It'll be everywhere, and TRU won't be able to get rid of them.

It was just really upsetting to see parents there with their kids leaving empty handed when these 2 ladies (who didn't have kids with them) bought up the stock.

[quote name='dragonjud']Glad the local store kept them in a cart behind the register. That way, they can hand one to each person, instead of having to explain the policy to everyone. And of course avoid hoarders.[/QUOTE]

The store I went to had it set up like that but I had mine on hold :lol:. I wouldn't have kept my cool like nbballard, especially considering you have to pay shipping.

K-Mart has Skylanders on sale right now, buy 1g150% off. I found a Cynder at the Alessandro store in Riverside, this was around an hour and half ago so call ahead if you plan on getting it. The other singles were Drill Sergeant, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Flame Slinger and Chop Chop, they also had a Crypt and Pirates Adventure pack.

Happy Hunting!

[quote name='nbballard']I'm not worried about getting them. I have a complete set (minus new releases) that I got without much difficulty. In a few weeks- the new set will be just like the Crypt set. It'll be everywhere, and TRU won't be able to get rid of them.

It was just really upsetting to see parents there with their kids leaving empty handed when these 2 ladies (who didn't have kids with them) bought up the stock.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is sad for those looking to actually play the game and collect the figures. The kids get it the worst, having to leave empty handed.

[quote name='deantjeep']Just ordered Empire of Ice from Amazon for $19.99. Amazon has 12 left in stock.[/QUOTE]

Also got one. This was the last adventure pack my son needed. Thank you.

[quote name='hlb96']Also got one. This was the last adventure pack my son needed. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

Way to go! My daughter is in the same place, only needed Empire of Ice to complete her collection. It has been very elusive for the past month. I also refuse to buy from a reseller. Just wait and watch, eventually you get them at retail. Plus the hunt can be fun!

[quote name='deantjeep']Way to go! My daughter is in the same place, only needed Empire of Ice to complete her collection. It has been very elusive for the past month. I also refuse to buy from a reseller. Just wait and watch, eventually you get them at retail. Plus the hunt can be fun![/QUOTE] retail is my plan. Missed this one due to me needing a nap...maybe next time.

On the actual game related note...beat it last night. Boss was tough in comparison to the rest of the game. Had to use my 15 yr old brother in law instead of 6 yr old son so beat it

Got there right on time this morning, managed to get a Dragon's Peak & the Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook 3-Pack (and to give the extra Cinder to a friend of my fiancee's).

My buddy who just got the game however, got one of each of the Adventure Packs. Ballin'!

[quote name='deantjeep']I agree, it is sad for those looking to actually play the game and collect the figures. The kids get it the worst, having to leave empty handed.[/QUOTE]

This is absolutely true. It is also why I don't take my son out on the hunt. I'd love to be able to take him to the store and he could pick one out and use his birthday or allowance money and pay for it himself. But, I'm not going to subject him to the disappointment of seeing constantly empty shelves or seeing some idiot cart off a cart full of them, then have to explain Ebay and greedy, stingy people to him. At his age he just wants to have fun and I am not going to introduce him to the seedy underside of this mess.

For now though, I track them down and when he earns it I pull one out of the closet (which he doesn't know I have) and surprise him. I did take him to TRU this morning to pick up Dragon's Peak, because I knew I had one with our name on it waiting. They had a very orderly set up, with a list and labelled packs. You had to present ID to prove it was you to pick it up. They had them all in a covered cage and you went to a special line to buy it and get your gift card. He loved it, and he was really surprised because he didn't know it was out yet and Sunburn was his current "Most Wanted". They also had bins behind the Games counter with several other singles (no Rod or Zook), and he looked through the list but didn't get any of those since we had them.

As for his collection, he has all four adventure packs and 26 total figures. Once Cynder arrives from Amazon to add to the hidden stash we will have all 34 that are currently out.

for some reason at 8pm tonight, there was still a dragon's peak at my TRU. Not bad for $25 and a gift card. Now hopefully to cancel my online order.

There were tons of legendary trigger happys.

My son needs Zook and the 3 yet to be released figures. Not counting the 4 legendary figures, of which he only has Legendary Trigger Happy. He loves the games and figures and I'd rather get him these over some of the other toys he likes.
Hopefully Giants won't be this many new figures when it comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']for some reason at 8pm tonight, there was still a dragon's peak at my TRU. Not bad for $25 and a gift card. Now hopefully to cancel my online order.

There were tons of legendary trigger happys.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I went at 2pm and the 3-pack section was empty. Then I saw one in a box behind the counter and asked about it (since it looked like it was a box full of them and I thought maybe they were just selling them from behind the counter). They said they were holding it for someone. I recounted how I called first thing in the morning and was told they do not hold them. Then they fessed up that an employee was holding it for himself. They eventually tracked him down and he (or his supervisor ;)) let me get it - so score! It didn't hurt that I had my 2 boys in there with me. My 4 year-old and I played through Dragon's Peak and have leveled up Sunburn almost all the way already. We were on the way to the zoo when we stopped in so it was not really an extra 40 miles trip just to pick that up. And my son told me when we got home that it was a very happy day because he's always wanted Sunburn (which he sometimes calls "hotbird").

I don't feel the slightest bit bad about getting that one. They told me before they let me get it that they should be getting more soon and I should just keep checking back. Well, sure, but TRU is 20 miles each way and like I said they don't hold things so I could end up missing it multiple times. The employee on the other hand can easily get another one from the second shipment (which they should allow - let those first ones go to customers though).

I guess I have to call and try to cancel my online order as well. It shouldn't be a problem given that the estimated delivery date is still a week away. But you never know with TRU. I've been told before that I can't cancel an item because it is "processing" and then it doesn't ship for another week ;).

Besides the 3 unreleased ones all we need now is Ignitor. I can wait for Amazon to get that - not giving TRU $10 for that...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']i was just thinking whether to cancel my online order. I used a gc and that to me is always iffy.[/QUOTE]The amount you paid with your GC will be refunded within 24 hours. I've done it for a couple GC's I got from the Google deal ;)

Just about to post this. They weren't in stock@ 3am when I went to bed, but was happy to see them when I were

Edit:I typed this at 5:30 but forgot to hit post, ha[quote name='sykotek']Anyone looking for the Adventure Packs (excluding Dragon's Peak) may want to check out Amazon. It appears they have tons in stock. $19.99 each. If you need more than 1 of them, it's FSSS.

Check it out:
Darklight Crypt
Empire of Ice
Pirate Seas[/QUOTE]

The prices are already starting to drop on ebay with tons of auctions now ending bidless. The amazon reseller market is now ridiculously overcrowded too. I can't wait for the hoarders, resellers and johnny-quick-bucks to start losing money on these things. I will be doing my part by patiently waiting to find the ones I need in the wild.

I wonder what percentage of these ebay and amazon twats are retail employees. I'd wager most of the ones selling gold, silver and translucents .

Went out to get pet food today and stopped in Target and TRU. Target had a bunch of older figures and Pirate Seas and Darklight Crypt. Nothing I needed. TRU had 8 Dragon's Peak packs (kicking myself for ordering off TRU web site now, but whatever) and about 6 Legendary Trigger Happy figures.

Was looking for Zook, Lightning Rod and Ignitor, I have everything else. I'll just wait. I haven't used 80% of the figures I have in the game yet, so I guess there's no rush other than my addictive personality that needs to SHUT UP, lol.

bread's done
Back