Skyline Chili is the best

Duck in a Pond

CAGiversary!
I just tried skyline chili the other day and it was so damn good. If you don't know they serve cincinatti style chili which has cinnimon mixed into it.

We just got one in Cleveland, but you can find a ton of them near cincinatti.

Holy shit though if you want something besides a burger and fries from McDonalds, this is the place to go

images
Heres a picture yo.

Oh ya dude. They give you free hotsauce and oyster crackers before you get your food too. Major firebutthole after that one. Plus the chili sits in your stomach like brick but its all good

Cincinnati style chili (read Greek Meat Sauce) is an acquired taste. Start with the coneys, and you'll eventually grow to like it.

If'n you're in the Cincy area, try some Goetta. That's the stuff.

That looks yum. Wish we had some really good food places around here. Most of the independent restaurants around here are somewhat bland, but there are a few gems.[quote name='mission42']I don't know which is worse then...[/QUOTE]:lol:

I'm from Dayton, OH. Now in Chicago. Every time I'm in Ohio to visit I get a 5-Way! Then stop for a UDF malt!!!

We have some of these down in Florida as well. I never realized that they were a national chain since the building are all small and look more like small private eateries at least from the outside.

[quote name='lokizz']chili on spaghetti is damn good stuff but the best chili you can hae is something you make yourself.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post this! Homemade chili is the best because you can make it exactly how you like it the best and make it more healthy.

[quote name='Duck in a Pond']... Isn't Shipwreck from Cincinatti? I wonder if he likes this stuff[/QUOTE]If he doesn't, he should. Everyone around here has at least had it, but oddly some don't like it. Skyline and Gold Star great.

I had family who lived here for several years, but moved away. Everytime they visit, they pretty much only eat at Skyline.

I always liked goldstar better. Skyline is good but its to runny. I only live like 5 minutes from skyline but if I drive through there its like a race with the devil to get home before the buns disintegrate.

Dixie chili is the real best but there isnt one close enough for me to go to really. Takes me like 20 minutes to get to one. Its not that far but far enough I wont bother going through nothing but traffic to get to it.

[quote name='Quillion']If'n you're in the Cincy area, try some Goetta. That's the stuff.[/QUOTE]

Go to Mokka for brunch (5th and Monmouth in Newport, KY) and order the 'goetta avalanche' sometime.

Skyline is tasty but, I have to say Goldstar is better.

An example of another food place from Cincy that is damn tasty is Penn Station. Great subs plus some of the best fresh cut fries cooked in peanut oil.

I'm just heading home from the IKEA in West Chester (furnishing my new apartment :)) and saw all the signs for gold star and skyline. I have skylines where I live (right outside of Columbus), so I decided to pass. Great stuff though.

bread's done
Back