Skyrim $48 FS @ Newegg *Back Again*

Thanks a lot, op. I've been waiting for this, since Amazon has refused to add a $20 credit, this is a great deal!!!

The only thing holding me back is the inevitable laundry list of bugs that will also ship with this release, particularly being a PS3 owner. That's a great deal though!

meh.. odds are they'll forget to give you the pre-order map or something
*still bitter and refusing to buy from them after the demon souls bullshit.. they never even sent me an email

[quote name='Kenshindono']meh.. odds are they'll forget to give you the pre-order map or something
*still bitter and refusing to buy from them after the demon souls bullshit.. they never even sent me an email[/QUOTE]

You should have sent them an email. Newegg will usually do right by you.

I'm assuming there's no release date shipping guarantee? Do they charge you when they ship, or when you order? I might throw down on this one as it's the best deal so far, but I really want the game ASAP.

This isn't a game I have to have day 1 (Will be quite busy with Battlefield 3 I imagine), but for $48 shipped I think I'll go ahead and grab a copy for PC (I believe they did confirm this is going to be a Steamworks title)

Thanks OP. I mistakenly had the PS3 version of this preordered the last time this special came up. I regretted it after realizing that Bethesda's games, in my experience, are better on the Xbox 360.

I'm considering it, but I'm kind of torn, why buy it now when I'll be able to get the GOTY version a year or two from now at 39.99?

I'm assuming there's no release date shipping guarantee? Do they charge you when they ship, or when you order? I might throw down on this one as it's the best deal so far, but I really want the game ASAP.[/QUOTE]

My experience with New Egg is that the games usually come UPS on the release date. The new Ratchet did last week. They don't bill until they ship.

[quote name='Rebelphoenix']I'm considering it, but I'm kind of torn, why buy it now when I'll be able to get the GOTY version a year or two from now at 39.99?[/QUOTE]

Because people would think you are mentally insane to wait a year for a game like this.

[quote name='Wiibox3']Amazon now has a $10 pre-order bonus. That will be cheaper for me since New Egg charges sales taxes.[/QUOTE]

Newegg does not charge slales tax.

Anyway, in on this! This is the best deal that I have seen for Skyrim so far, for the PC version anyway. I have no idea why amazon does not have the $10 credit for the PC version.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='Unseen77']Newegg does not charge slales tax.

Anyway, in on this! This is the best deal that I have seen for Skyrim so far, for the PC version anyway. I have no idea why amazon does not have the $10 credit for the PC version.

Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

They do depending upon the state you live in, like anyone.

[quote name='Unseen77']Newegg does not charge slales tax.
[/QUOTE]

Actually they do, but only in CA and NJ.

In for a PC copy and hoping for a better experience than the clusterscrew that was Dark Souls CE.

[quote name='oc_bastard']Actually they do, but only in CA and NJ.

In for a PC copy and hoping for a better experience than the clusterscrew that was Dark Souls CE.[/QUOTE]

I stand half corrected then haha!

I wonder why they do have to charge for those certain two states?

[quote name='Unseen77']I stand half corrected then haha!

I wonder why they do have to charge for those certain two states?[/QUOTE]

I think those are the 2 states that they ship from.

[quote name='Unseen77']I stand half corrected then haha!

I wonder why they do have to charge for those certain two states?[/QUOTE]

Because they have physical presence in those two states (nexus).

[quote name='Wiibox3']Amazon now has a $10 pre-order bonus. That will be cheaper for me since New Egg charges sales taxes.[/QUOTE]

Not for PC. =(

Enough with Amazon sticking it to PC purchasers this year.

I did it, and I also got halo:Anniversary for $29.99. The four day wait on delivery is a bummer but it's a good deal and now I will be very poor in November! When the 15th of November rolls around, I'll play Saint's Row 3 and Batman Arkham City on Onlive as I wait for the Skyrim and the HCE:A to come in.

So I have an old amazon preorder for $54.54. Should I just hang on to that? No tax from either site here. So it's about $6 more at Amazon but then there's the $10 credit so I guess I should just stick with Amazon then? Kinda tight on money now so the $48 would be better but with Black Friday around the corner I'm sure I'll burn that credit within 3 weeks of receiving it. Hmm...

[quote name='Qwertykeys']Is there an expiration date on the deal?[/QUOTE]

Ends when the weekend is over.

Still getting this from Amazon instead. My prime will ship it to me day one and I have a $20 BF3 promo credit to burn now :). And there's a $10 credit when I buy Skyrim as well.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I have an old amazon preorder for $54.54. Should I just hang on to that? No tax from either site here. So it's about $6 more at Amazon but then there's the $10 credit so I guess I should just stick with Amazon then? Kinda tight on money now so the $48 would be better but with Black Friday around the corner I'm sure I'll burn that credit within 3 weeks of receiving it. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat at 54.54 and I've put too much on my credit card. But I'm keeping my Amazon order, I know that I'll be using the credit soon.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. In for one, and I'm perfectly content with the game not arriving on release date. I was going to order it from Amazon, but rather save all of my Amazon credit for their BF sales on other titles

[quote name='Bosamba']Thanks OP. I mistakenly had the PS3 version of this preordered the last time this special came up. I regretted it after realizing that Bethesda's games, in my experience, are better on the Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]
Not true, and certainly not in the case of the Elder Scrolls. Oblivion was better on the PS3, compared to the 360. (it had sharper imagery, textures, loading times, etc.) However, because it was released after the 360 version, the 360 version had more add-on content at the time. This will not be the case this time as they are being released concurrently and they have no reason to favor one console over another in terms of add-on content.

[quote name='midnightexpress']Not true, and certainly not in the case of the Elder Scrolls. Oblivion was better on the PS3, compared to the 360. (it had sharper imagery, textures, loading times, etc.) However, because it was released after the 360 version, the 360 version had more add-on content at the time. This will not be the case this time as they are being released concurrently and they have no reason to favor one console over another in terms of add-on content.[/QUOTE]

Since they're both being released concurrently, it seems the 360 one would be the one to get as it seems a majority of multi console releases run and look better on the 360, not all, but definitely a majority. Also the dlc is a timed exclusive for the 360.

[quote name='midnightexpress']Not true, and certainly not in the case of the Elder Scrolls. Oblivion was better on the PS3, compared to the 360. (it had sharper imagery, textures, loading times, etc.) However, because it was released after the 360 version, the 360 version had more add-on content at the time. This will not be the case this time as they are being released concurrently and they have no reason to favor one console over another in terms of add-on content.[/QUOTE]

Thought it was confirmed Xbox 360 is the main sku. who knows, they might be close. Usually the main sku is better if at all.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Thought it was confirmed Xbox 360 is the main sku. who knows, they might be close. Usually the main sku is better if at all.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to play it on my PC, and in much better quality. (Definitely noticed that the PS3 version of Oblivion was better though)

bread's done
Back