Skyrim CE PC $29.99 at Best Buy

JasonTerminator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Spotted this today at the BB in San Bernardino, CA. Marked $29.99 on the shelf with a regular price tag, so it might be their new regular price. YMMV as always. The copy I saw had a slightly beat up slipcover, like most in-store copies do.

You can activate this on Steam, if you didn't know.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']
You can activate this on Steam, if you didn't know.[/QUOTE]

That's b/c Skyrim PC flat-out REQUIRES Steam.

That's an amazing deal if you can find it. The book is large and very high quality and the dragon is pretty cool.

I notice the PC CE of Skyrim isn't even on BB's web site anymore so you pretty just have to check in the store and hope you luck out I guess.

I bought it when Newegg had it at $60 and even at that price I thought it was a great deal.

Bought my :ps3: version at BB for $60, it is the second most expensive CE that I bought (first being Diablo 3 CE, not including the ULCE preorder since I haven't "bought" it yet:lol:), and I would say it was worth it, even for someone as cheap as I am.

Extremely good deal if you can find one. On their website the only CE listed for Skyrim is the X360 on at $60. Anyone got an inventory checker? I don't know how to find them.

I picked up the Xbox 360 CE of this for $29.99 ... couldn't complain. I was looking to find the $50/60 Xbox 360 version online and couldn't find any and walked in to pick up "The Walking Dead" and saw they had one left on the shelf. Pretty stoked!

All of the Best Buys in my area haven't had these since earlier this year. Pretty sweet deal if anyone manages to find one.

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/324...ollectors-edition-windows-reviews/reviews.htm

Apparently the Sku is 3244785 and the UPC is 093155117716

But it says product no longer available so I'm not sure if there's a way to look it up online. You might have to call them to check. Even then there's no guarantee what the price will be since it may only be certain stores that marked it down.

*Edit: you can apparently search their site by the Sku and bring it up that way.

If I did NOT own the game already, I probably would be all over this...

skyrim-ce-3dimage-gfw_sm.JPG

[quote name='AionTelos']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...8391155441&itemId=1626849&pageMode=searchmode

Just swapped the sku in for the item I had search. not sure if it is accurate but it pulled the product up.

Edit: None near me :/[/QUOTE]

Well even the San Bernardino store the OP mentioned seeing it at is showing unavailable so either that search isn't accurate or someone grabbed whatever stock they had between when he posted this and now.

The website only shows if there are 3 or more in stock. I doubt any BB in the country has more than 1 or 2 of these in stock. So either go to your local BB or call around.

Could I theoretically replace the discs with the ps3 version and everything else being universal? Is there a difference in size or design to the PS3 collectors case and PC collectors? This would be great haha...

A few week ago I manage to find a 360 version in stock. Buy it, sold the game back to best buy for $30 under my friend's name, sold the artbook for $20, keep the status since I already bough the pc version with artbook end of last year

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Could I theoretically replace the discs with the ps3 version and everything else being universal? Is there a difference in size or design to the PS3 collectors case and PC collectors? This would be great haha...[/QUOTE]

Everything is the same, but the discs and the big box slip/cover that says Windows.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Could I theoretically replace the discs with the ps3 version and everything else being universal? Is there a difference in size or design to the PS3 collectors case and PC collectors? This would be great haha...[/QUOTE]

The cardboard slipcover that goes over the case has a white band at the top with the Windows symbol in the upper left corner and text next to it that says "Games for Windows" while on the upper right corner is says PC DVD.

Everything else should be the same outside of the game discs but obviously if you are trying to pass one off as the other then that writing on the box will give it away. :p

Edit: Ninja'ed by Saix

[quote name='scarhawk']Does this price only apply to the PC version?[/QUOTE]

Probably. But since this seems to be a YMMV, possibly individual store based discount it's really hard to say.

[quote name='Motoki']Probably. But since this seems to be a YMMV, possibly individual store based discount it's really hard to say.[/QUOTE]

360 version is also universally 29.99. Not sure about PS3.

[quote name='Lightning War']360 version is also universally 29.99. Not sure about PS3.[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm. Maybe they dropped it again. If so, then I should be able to get a $30 refund for the :ps3: version I picked up a month or so ago.:D

As for my personal opinion on the CE package and contents, I like the statue and artbook, but that cardboard/plastic DVD tray type hybrid package for the game sucked imo. The manual for my copy from the CE was ripped at the top & bottom as soon as I opened the CE.

So I swapped out my CE version of the game for a copy I grabbed for my buddy that was pre-owned with the regular case, artwork and a non butchered manual. I even let him keep the bonus documentary disc from the CE since I doubt I'll ever watch it.

[quote name='Pookymeister']It is a pretty nice set. Kept everything except for the dragon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the artbook alone makes it worth the cost IMO. Dragon isn't bad if you like statues, and if you don't, prolly can unload it on Ebay or something. Or give it to a friend that does like that stuff.

Pretty tempting. Would. Definitely bite on a $30 ps3 version. I have no clue what I'd do with the pc copy since I already own it.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Pretty tempting. Would. Definitely bite on a $30 ps3 version. I have no clue what I'd do with the pc copy since I already own it.[/QUOTE]

You could always sell or trade the Steam key. PC version has been on sale for $30 a couple of times but hasn't been cheaper so if you sold it cheaper than that shouldn't have much trouble finding a buyer.

I first bit when it dropped to $80 on Newegg. Then got them to give me back $20 when it dropped to $60.

I've still got to play Morrowind and Oblivion, so I sold my Skyrim by doing a swap out at a local gamestop so I could get the artwork+manual. Waiting for the inevitable GOTY/Ultimate edition with all the DLC. I'm hoping they get it all onto two discs on the 360 version, otherwise I'm going to have to figure out somewhere to put any additional discs.

Im going to call tomorow about the PS3 price, Ill let you guys know how it goes. Stores and CS is currently closed in AZ. I have been waiting for the CE of Skyrim to drop to 40 or less dollars since I heard about the CE for it. So this would be fantastic if I could get my hands on it for 30 dollars.

[quote name='Pookymeister']It is a pretty nice set. Kept everything except for the dragon.[/QUOTE]

The dragon's the only thing I want since I already have the game. :whistle2:#

I already have the game on Steam, but I would buy it to keep the extras and sell the game/key off. Thanks for posting, might have to check BB tomorrow. :D

[quote name='Tsel']The dragon's the only thing I want since I already have the game. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Wasn't worth $70 to me, since that was going rate at the time. ;)

Thanks for the heads up OP. Will have to check best buys near me tomorrow and if it's available I'm def going to pick it up and sell the code off.

If I could get my hands on another one, I'd be more willing to open the base of the dragon and fill it with sand...

This game on PC is awesome.... The mods are amazing... If you want to step away from all the lore for a few visit NexusMods.

Borderline NSFW, but i'm running this mod currently and yes it looks that good.

14899-2-1334551561.jpg

Got the 360 version for $60 BB credit (traded in my vanilla copy and a few other games during the 100% promo to get it for free) but I'm too far outside the price match window for non RZ-silver. Oh well, still worth it. Buy this today if you havent yet!

If all the stores around me are listed as unavailable, that means it's unlikely I will find anything in store, right? I seem to remember someone saying that if there's only one in stock it will list as unavailable.

This is a great deal, but it seems like it will be very difficult to find.

[quote name='Kikyou1']I called about it for the PS3 today and they didn't even have it in stock D;[/QUOTE]

CAG 101: Do NOT Call! Atleast not about an item this cheap and popular.

[quote name='Dark Rider']If all the stores around me are listed as unavailable, that means it's unlikely I will find anything in store, right? I seem to remember someone saying that if there's only one in stock it will list as unavailable.

This is a great deal, but it seems like it will be very difficult to find.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember if it's 3 or less than 3 for when it goes "unavailable".

[quote name='Dark Rider']If all the stores around me are listed as unavailable, that means it's unlikely I will find anything in store, right? I seem to remember someone saying that if there's only one in stock it will list as unavailable.

This is a great deal, but it seems like it will be very difficult to find.[/QUOTE]
You're almost right--"Unavailable" just means a store has at most two in stock (it might be three, I can't remember for sure :whistle2:#).

Hmm, I wonder if my GCU promo coupon for the Buy2Get1 Free for new games would work for this, I could get this and the Drake's Deception one and find some other game, then I could flip the games and make my money back and get the CE for almost nothing. That would be nice, hopefully gonna try tomorrow.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']Hmm, I wonder if my GCU promo coupon for the Buy2Get1 Free for new games would work for this, I could get this and the Drake's Deception one and find some other game, then I could flip the games and make my money back and get the CE for almost nothing. That would be nice, hopefully gonna try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
I would assume it would. But that's assuming you can find the UC3 CE, which is cleared out by resellers weeks ago when the deal went live (at least in the L.A. area), and the PC Skyrim CE, which I have not seen in any BBY around me for months....

But good luck, it would be huge score if you got them both and get the B2G1 to work. Hopefully you have a hybrid so that you don't waste much gas money if your plan fails:lol:

[quote name='Kikyou1']Im going to call tomorow about the PS3 price, Ill let you guys know how it goes. Stores and CS is currently closed in AZ. I have been waiting for the CE of Skyrim to drop to 40 or less dollars since I heard about the CE for it. So this would be fantastic if I could get my hands on it for 30 dollars.[/QUOTE]
You said the C word...

[quote name='TooPoor']I would assume it would. But that's assuming you can find the UC3 CE, which is cleared out by resellers weeks ago when the deal went live (at least in the L.A. area), and the PC Skyrim CE, which I have not seen in any BBY around me for months....

But good luck, it would be huge score if you got them both and get the B2G1 to work. Hopefully you have a hybrid so that you don't waste much gas money if your plan fails:lol:[/QUOTE]

haha, luckily my dad works across the street from a bestbuy and I can give him a call and have him check for me :) Last time though I do remember seeing an UC3 Ce but that was a few weeks ago, But you never know.

[quote name='Golden Lemonz']haha, luckily my dad works across the street from a bestbuy and I can give him a call and have him check for me :) Last time though I do remember seeing an UC3 Ce but that was a few weeks ago, But you never know.[/QUOTE]
You dad is as cool as hell man.

bread's done
Back