Skyrim PS3/360/PC $35 at Amazon-BB pricematch

[quote name='Royal High Knight']the thread is like literaly 4-5 threads below this one, but its all good.[/QUOTE]

Didnt see that thread had been updated. sorry.

[quote name='superhippy1986']With the potential damage this game can do to your PS3 they need to lower it a lot more.[/QUOTE]

further explain this please.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Constant freezing on PS3. Freezing to the point you have to do a hard reset. Just look at the reviews on Amazon. They are far different from the praise and glory given by the top reviewing sites.

The negative reviews are almost equal in number to the positive lol.

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls...TF8&qid=1339209331&sr=8-1&keywords=B004HYK8Y8[/QUOTE]

Jesus, thats terrible... this is something I would think would happen to Xbox but not PS3 (think Noire?)

[quote name='DANIEL']does it have any issues on xbox??[/QUOTE]

I've put nearly 200 hours on my 360 copy and have had no issues whatsoever.

is this game slow paced like fallout 3?
I could never get into Fallout 3 because of that reason. it was really boring for me.

[quote name='DANIEL']is this game slow paced like fallout 3?
I could never get into Fallout 3 because of that reason. it was really boring for me.[/QUOTE]

I havent played Fallout 3 but I didnt find Skyrim very slow. It gets boring after a lot of hours (for me at least, I've needed to space out that 200 hours of playtime) but the start is really, really good

Call me crazy, but I'm still holding out for a GOTY/whatever edition in a year or two, complete with DLC. Great game for sure, but I'm in no rush.. :)

[quote name='superhippy1986']Constant freezing on PS3. Freezing to the point you have to do a hard reset. Just look at the reviews on Amazon. They are far different from the praise and glory given by the top reviewing sites.

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Playstation-3/dp/B004HYK8Y8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339209331&sr=8-1&keywords=B004HYK8Y8[/QUOTE]

Havent played this since last year because of this issue i herd it only happens when you get over the 100+ hour mark but besides that didnt they already fix it with a patch?

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-Playstation-3/dp/B004HYK8Y8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339209331&sr=8-1&keywords=B004HYK8Y8[/QUOTE]

The PS3 always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to Bethesda games. Hell if I only owned a PS3, I wouldn't buy any of their games. Installing this game on the Xbox improves performance. Just a heads up.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Havent played this since last year because of this issue i herd it only happens when you get over the 100+ hour mark but besides that didnt they already fix it with a patch?[/QUOTE]

It's a hit & miss. Some say it fixed the problems some say it didn't. It all depends on how much you worship Bethesda lol. I heard the PS3 version is having an issue where if you walk into any body of water it freezes.

big difference between 'hearing' and 'playing' my friend. i go swimming in skyrim ALL the time lol. catching fish with my bare hands is probably my favorite skyrim pasttime.

[quote name='superhippy1986']It's a hit & miss. Some say it fixed the problems some say it didn't. It all depends on how much you worship Bethesda lol. I heard the PS3 version is having an issue where if you walk into any body of water it freezes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']big difference between 'hearing' and 'playing' my friend. i go swimming in skyrim ALL the time lol. catching fish with my bare hands is probably my favorite skyrim pasttime.[/QUOTE]

Yeah don't get all whack on me... I stopped playing the game a week after it came out due to the constant freezing and such. And so far none of the patches have done a good enough job. I read the forums for Bethesda's PS3 section still just to see if a "cure" is found for this game.

And the latest buzz is the issues with the water.

Gush, this is just perfect!
sun.jpg

moon.jpg

I've played the 360 version for about 18 hours and it's frozen three times during loading screens. I have it installed BTW. I haven't played since patch 1.6, so maybe things will be better.

FWIW anyone interested in the PC version I'd wait for the Steam summer sale or possibly even the Quakecon sale shortly after that (Steam tends to put Bethesda stuff on sale during the Quakecon). My suspicion is it may go to $30 on the Steam summer sale so not hugely cheaper than this but $5 is $5.

[quote name='Flacksguy']From what I understand, you DON'T want to install it on the 360.[/QUOTE]

That was true when it came out. There were texture issues. AFAIK it's fine now. I've never had an issue after 150 hrs installed. (I'm just in the thread looking for a PC deal :D )

I've been on the fence for Skyrim for a while. Looks great (I'm a former D&D nerd), but im concerned that I won't like it because I wasn't a fan of Fallout 3. Any thoughts from my fellow CAGers? Which version is better: 360 or PS3?

Awesome! Was waiting on a price drop for this since I LOVED Oblivion. Thanks op, picked up a copy for 360. :)

[quote name='dogfishfiend']I've been on the fence for Skyrim for a while. Looks great (I'm a former D&D nerd), but im concerned that I won't like it because I wasn't a fan of Fallout 3. Any thoughts from my fellow CAGers? Which version is better: 360 or PS3?[/QUOTE]

Skyrim is a beautiful game with a rich story and a fantastic soundtrack. The combat is a little meh, but the story, and the atmosphere really outshine it. I absolutely loved Skyrim, and I would highly recommend it to a DnD nerd such as yourself.

As for which platform to buy it on, I believe the PS3 launch issues have been resolved for the most part. Don't know if 360 had issues. I guess it all comes down to whether you like trophies, or achievements. Both versions are on a single disk.

With the DLC coming out soon, I imagine a GOTY version will be released eventually so I'll wait until then to pick up a PC copy.

bread's done
Back